OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I don't see what the appeal of dpad is for a new person. They've clearly branded themselves as a gaming forum, first and foremost; the name, the logo and theme, etc. Yet their gaming section seems pretty dead compared to other forums.
So then why else join? They've hidden half of their forum from the public so you don't even know what else there is in there that might or might not be appealing. So that means they need a really strong gaming section to pull people in, but they just don't have it.
And now that they're only accepting referrals, it seems to me like they're moving away from their original growth goals all together. Looks like what they're going for now is just maintaining their little closed off space to shitpost in private.
I don't understand the hiding of a section from public view, are the viewpoints to extreme for the general public to see?

Surely you want to attract people to your site by allowing people to see said stuff.

Reactions: Falcs

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Surely you want to attract people to your site by allowing people to see said stuff.

Moot point with all signups requiring referrals now lol

I don't understand the hiding of a section from public view, are the viewpoints to extreme for the general public to see?

Some people were called nonces a few times I was waiting for the authorities to shut the site down but thankfully the mods acted quick

• haha
Reactions: Falcs

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
obi-wan-obi-wan-kenobi.gif

han-solo.gif
What the heck did I just read on the first couple of pages, absolute disgusting comments from some of the most repugnant people on the planet.

Reactions: Obi-Wan

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Moot point with all signups requiring referrals now lol

Some people were called nonces a few times I was waiting for the authorities to shut the site down but thankfully the mods acted quick
Yer, probably a very tiny bunch of people that try to spoil it for all, we have had our own share of weeds too that needed rooting out.

I looked through their forums a month back or so, I did recognize some good people that I remembered chatting with from gaf.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nym

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
sdghdghsdghsdghdgsh.png

"making excuses" except excuses are all any mod has for why I got banned, they won't give you a reason because there wasn't one lol. Whatever, tho, they get what they want, I guess.

I've never seen a more adequate place to use this gif. And it's not for you @Explosive Zombie , it's for our friend Franky

Trigger GIF by MOODMAN

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

It amazes me how when someone goes meltdown on GAF and says his goodbyes the entire community just gangs up on him as if he's a loser. Really? It's almost like if you don't like a particular website and want to express your concerns, everyone jumps in and trolls you for it.

• brain
Reactions: Falcs and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It amazes me how when someone goes meltdown on GAF and says his goodbyes the entire community just gangs up on him as if he's a loser. Really? It's almost like if you don't like a particular website and want to express your concerns, everyone jumps in and trolls you for it.

Kinda like a whole lot of users on that site were talking shit about this site at the beginning.

They need to be loud and vocal to show their allegiance or something, a little bit like some activists, they need to be louder to be more noticeable and hold more extreme positions among their peers or they are just one of the many.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

Yea, I don't understand that. It seems like they are kissing the staff's ass when they do that.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

I was wondering why that person was banned. They came across, to me, like a person with an unhinged hatred for Sony and anyone who likes them. Perhaps that's why people didn't take them seriously even in their dramatic, farewell post. That said, such posts have become a bit of a circus over there. It comes across as people having a bit of fun, but I can see it being taken in other ways too.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

You can now be banned from GAF for posting on D-Pad (just like some of us were banned from D-Pad for posting here, lol)

sghshdgdghsdgh.png
I was looking at that post on d-pad and it's ridiculous how insecure EL is over competition forums. If you know you have the best social website forums for games, why would you care if people talk about it? Our site has a significantly better look to it than the barebones GAF site and that includes Ree too. Both barebones content on the site.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

What are you talking about?
Just about that long string of posts you guys made on d-pad about EL being salty at the mention of anyone mentioning d-pad on his website. I followed that whole thread and agree it was very lame for him to ban you because of mentioning it even though it was out of context. Then bans the people who didn't like him banning you. Terrible.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I hadn't posted on the site for some time and all of a sudden got banned. The reason the staff wrote on the ban page was a copied and pasted Account Closure used for 2 other people, which hilariously begs the question as to what the actual reason was. Fucking clowns.

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
lol, what did you do @teezzy
I believe he was given a temp ban for mentioning Dpad, which is pretty thin skinned of Evilore, but fits in line with his character.

However he also had tried to recruit to Dpad one of the gravedancers that laughed and bootlicked when Evilore went on a banning spree of his loyal, long-time members that led to the creation of dpad. This bootlicker then turned around and stabbed him in the back (surprise surprise) and revealed the PM's Teezy had sent him, causing the ban to become permanent.

Bad luck, @teezzy! (y) Perhaps try recruiting Nush next time.

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
Just about that long string of posts you guys made on d-pad about EL being salty at the mention of anyone mentioning d-pad on his website. I followed that whole thread and agree it was very lame for him to ban you because of mentioning it even though it was out of context. Then bans the people who didn't like him banning you. Terrible.

No i was referring to what seemed like Zombie claiming people were getting banned from dpad for posting here

I got caught recruiting for DPad at GAF, ultimately. Initially they gave me a one month just for mentioning the site in an off hand post