OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Well. They do they. I don’t care lol

Have some of this, you GOD DAMN HATER. :love:

I got tounges too, Don't MAKE ME USE EM.

Taylor-Swift-Travis-Kelce-Super-Bowl-smoothAP24043152009362-scaled.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I once thought that American politics (both "liberal" and conservative) could leave games alone, but no. This shit has to permeate everywhere, with snowflakes on both sides. Anybody that says "when I see rich white straight couples kissing I want to throw up" is a moron. Anybody that is bothered by seeing two gay people kissing is also a moron.

However, this shit is just literal targetting of games:

Taking this at face value sets a very dangerous precedent. Just because a SBI employee had a shit opinion doesn't all of them do, nor it does mean that everything they are doing (or anything at all) is wrong.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
However, this shit is just literal targetting of games:

Taking this at face value sets a very dangerous precedent. Just because a SBI employee had a shit opinion doesn't all of them do, nor it does mean that everything they are doing (or anything at all) is wrong.

Precedent to what exactly?

All they do is flag the games that had the work of a company that changes characters and writing to better fit DEI standards and values.
This has little to do with how racist some of their employees are, and everything to do with what Sweet Baby Inc. does.

The curator can be used equally to avoid or to get people to buy these games, depending on whether or not you think DEI values fit your preferences in videogames.

If you're assuming from the get-go that this will create a negative impact in the videogames mentioned, does this mean you think DEI values aren't desirable in videogames?

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
All they do is flag the games that had the work of a company that changes characters and writing to better fit DEI standards and values.
This has little to do with how racist some of their employees are, and everything to do with what Sweet Baby Inc. does.
That's not all that he does. He flags the games as not recommended because that company worked on the game, regardless of the quality of the game or the extent of the companies involvement.

The curator can be used equally to avoid or to get people to buy these games, depending on whether or not you think DEI values fit your preferences in videogames.
What DEI values though? They are not explaining the extent, only flagging that a company worked there. One game they may have said "you misgenred this one character" while another they may recommend a full re-write of the story. We don't know, so this is just persecution.

If you're assuming from the get-go that this will create a negative impact in the videogames mentioned, does this mean you think DEI values aren't desirable in videogames?
It's a much deeper problem than that, and that's a not very good strawman.

Let's say this: people have confirmation bias, everybody does. Some people don't mind about DEI, others do. However, many games have DEI reviews on their games that nobody notices, and all play. With these lists, some of those with a bias against DEI will not even try and play the game because some random dude too much time decided to flag the game.

It's the same way in music: some people that like metal will not listen to Burzum because Varg is an absolute asshole (and a terrorist). I love his music, i dislike his person and don't endorse his beliefs, so I keep on listening. If I had left my bias against people like him prevent me from listening, I would have lost one of my favourite black metal bands.

Does that make sense?

And I'm absolutely not against DEI, I am against how it sometimes is presented and for sure how some people look at it.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Scratch that 15% daily increase. The SBI curator page grew from 100k to almost 125k in half a day.

That's not all that he does. He flags the games as not recommended because that company worked on the game, regardless of the quality of the game or the extent of the companies involvement.
So you'd be fine if the flag was changed to recommended? Does it really matter if all they're doing is flagging? It's not like this one flag is going to drastically change the games' Steam scores.

Let's say this: people have confirmation bias, everybody does. Some people don't mind about DEI, others do.
Exactly. Only the people who have a strong opinion about DEI will be following this curator. But that applies to both people who oppose DEI in games and use the list to avoid buying games, and the people who agree with DEI and use it to buy the game.

With these lists, some of those with a bias against DEI will not even try and play the game because some random dude too much time decided to flag the game.

(...)

And I'm absolutely not against DEI.

Here's what I don't get. You're assuming the people following the curator are going use it exclusively to avoid buying this or that game. But you can follow this curator and use it to buy the games in that list instead. You or any other person who wants more DEI in their games.
Or you can not even care for the curator and disregard the list completely.

It's just data being given to people, for them to do what they want with it.

To anyone who's confident that DEI in games is something good that most people want, why would they fear this list? Is it not improving their games?
Why would anyone who think Sweet Baby Inc is doing a good service for the gaming industry be opposed to this list getting popular? What are they so afraid of?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Lots of people seem to care, though.

The "Sweet Baby Inc detected" Steam Curator page seems to be the fastest growing Curator ever, growing like 15% every day.
It reached the point where publishers are seemingly asking them to take their games out of SBI's webpage, like Ubisoft did with Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

It's fine that you don't care, though.
That’s their problem. I couldn’t care less. I’m reading about it and it seems people are making a fuss over this stupid stuff. But that’s just gamers(tm) lol

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So you'd be fine if the flag was changed to recommended? Does it really matter if all they're doing is flagging? It's not like this one flag is going to drastically change the games' Steam scores.
That's not what this is about.

Exactly. Only the people who have a strong opinion about DEI will be following this curator. But that applies to both people who oppose DEI in games and use the list to avoid buying games, and the people who agree with DEI and use it to buy the game.
Here's what I don't get. You're assuming the people following the curator are going use it exclusively to avoid buying this or that game. But you can follow this curator and use it to buy the games in that list instead. You or any other person who wants more DEI in their games.
Or you can not even care for the curator and disregard the list completely.
Talk about missing the forest for the trees.

To anyone who's confident that DEI in games is something good that most people want, why would they fear this list? Is it not improving their games?
Why would anyone who think Sweet Baby Inc is doing a good service for the gaming industry be opposed to this list getting popular? What are they so afraid of?
It's not about fearing the list. Why do you keep strawmaning this? This is mostly about how dangerous these grassroots movements that literally put a target on certain things just because someone worked in them, or because they include something that's "different". This goes both ways.

• haha
Reactions: Swift_Star and Nym