Paul Tassi (Forbes): Black Myth Wukong not currently coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal (Update: IGN Corroborates, many others deny)

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Translation? From what I understand the first paragraph says "A secret exclusivity deal doesn't exist."?

FYI and for those of you who ask me.

Secret exclusives do not exist, when you pay for an exclusivity, you advertise it (as it is obvious), you do not hide it.

Of course I fully respect the partner, but I trust more in the people who have told me this first hand.

I don't want any controversy so I'll leave the subject here, I still think the same about Wukong.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Translation? From what I understand the first paragraph says "A secret exclusivity deal doesn't exist."?
“Secret exclusive deals don’t exists. If Sony paid for exclusivity, they would market the hell out of the game, not hide it.

I respect the guy’s opinion, but I trust the people that have told me this first hand more”

Reactions: Kokoloko

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
“Secret exclusive deals don’t exists. If Sony paid for exclusivity, they would market the hell out of the game, not hide it.

I respect the guy’s opinion, but I trust the people that have told me this first hand more”
A microsoft shill's opinion. Who would have seen this coming. People like him need to be called out over all this misinformation. Couldn't this fall under "defamation" or something as it could affect business going forward?

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Paul Tassi and Colt Eastwood should get a room. Those guys would probably fit in each other nicely.

Season 1 Pilot GIF by Rick and Morty

DeadPGN

8 May 2023
It’s so fucking dumb because why would Sony hide it? Why would they secretly hide they got exclusivit?

People like Tassi and Jez who are supposedly respected are nothing more than charlatans, so butt hurt by what’s going on with Xbox they have thrown all good faith out the window and are covering themselves with shame. They are a waste of space and I can’t believe Tassi is employed by Forbes, it’s unbelievable.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Maybe Sony should come out and confirm they are talking bs or truth? Why not shut

IGN and all western media are siding with Xbox as usual 🙄

If Sony really has a deal then it's a new kind of deal that they don't advertise at all with zero benefits.

Blatant shilling

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
IGN and all western media are siding with Xbox as usual 🙄

If Sony really has a deal then it's a new kind of deal that they don't advertise at all with zero benefits.

IGN has their own source which would be different than Paul's. So this makes the thing more likely than before when it comes to being true. Like you say though, it would be very different than previous recent PlayStation deals, and not being very RoI focused at all.

IGN just used the Paul Tassi claim lol

Black Myth: Wukong's delay on Xbox is due to an exclusivity deal with Sony, a knowledgeable source has told IGN, corroborating reporting on Forbes as well as what IGN has heard elsewhere.

Their source isn't the same guy, they have their own source.
Suddenly the story got a bit more exciting, interested in seeing how this develops and if more Journalists/outlets jump in the action.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters