Paul Tassi (Forbes): Black Myth Wukong not currently coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal (Update: IGN Corroborates, many others deny)

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
So, Ryan McCaffrey is an IGN employee and he is doing many wrong things for IGN oftenly

Is Kat Bailey the same person as Ryan McCaffrey? Again, I'm not saying I believe these two stories in an ironclad way but I certainly believe a potential exclusive is more likely to have been worked on than I did this morning.

Anyhow, we can just wait until more people chime in and see what happens from there.
I'm just going to sit with my popcorn nobody minds.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Is Kat Bailey the same person as Ryan McCaffrey

We are talking about IGN, yes, not specific "journalist".

I'm not saying I believe these two stories in an ironclad way but I certainly believe a potential exclusive is more likely to have been worked on than I did this morning

You literally said that Forbes and IGNa ren't some outlets who want to be caught in some lies. So, you rather believe them than devs who game an OFFICIAL statement about Xbox version. Mind you that PS5 version isn't perfect either

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
We are talking about IGN, yes, not specific "journalist".

That's not how that really works though?
It's like saying Jason Schreier is equal in terms of his sources and his journalist integrity compared to random Kotaku blogger #2133151351 back in the day.

You literally said that Forbes and IGNa ren't some outlets who want to be caught in some lies. So, you rather believe them than devs who game an OFFICIAL statement about Xbox version. Mind you that PS5 version isn't perfect either

I don't really believe in anyone 100% unless they're family members or close friends.
Me saying that I might be more inclined to believe that an exclusive deal is in place because two outlets reported on it with their own source is just be hedging my bet.

Just like I believe that Team A will win vs Team B in sports and I place a bet doesn't mean it'll hit.
I have my own calculus when I do that, but I certainly can't say with a degree of certainty that I am in the right.
How can proclaim this when I don't have access to the information that the other parties claim to have?

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Imran Khan on ResetERA posted this:
I am relatively sure I know who the source is and, yeah, it's ironclad.
It is likely not productive to assume it is a weak source. I mean, do what you want, but it is a waste of your time to do so.

If he's quite confident he knows who the source is, it sounds like somebody at Microsoft is mad, lmao.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Embarrassing corporate shilling by IGN, run by Microsoft lapdog Ryan McPutitinmyAssry.

Imagine running interference for a real life Megacorp because they can't handle the PR associated with having released a dud console that can't keep up tech-wise with new releases.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Hmmm... Either a super secret no marketing hush hush exclusivity deal (A), or the dev told the truth (B).

A) Black Myth Wukong is console exclusive to Sony's PlayStation 5.

Or

B) Black Myth Wukong is console exclusive to Sony's PlayStation 5.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sony leadership are such weak cucks. You will never see Journalists attempt this smear campaigns with Nitendo but with PlayStation... They let this kinda narrative run rampant.

Miss the days when game devs would come out and shut these idiots down. The last one to truly do it was Neil Druckmann when he went after Jason... Who then attempted to play victim and act like he was being bullied.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Sony leadership are such weak cucks. You will never see Journalists attempt this smear campaigns with Nitendo but with PlayStation... They let this kinda narrative run rampant.

Miss the days when game devs would come out and shut these idiots down. The last one to truly do it was Neil Druckmann when he went after Jason... Who then attempted to play victim and act like he was being bullied.

Actually no. Sony keeping it quiet is smart. If that "secret exclusive deal" is true, best Sony move ever. They haven't spent a dime. 😁

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
What is the logic behind an alleged, covert exclusivity deal in this case? Especially when this alleged exclusivity deal still includes a PC day 1 release, and essentially no marketing behind it? I enjoy a good console war narrative, but I don't see the upside for this kind of alleged deal.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
What is the logic behind an alleged, covert exclusivity deal in this case? Especially when this alleged exclusivity deal still includes a PC day 1 release, and essentially no marketing behind it? I enjoy a good console war narrative, but I don't see the upside for this kind of alleged deal.

p3SW0Xk.jpeg

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Sounds like sour milk from the usual Xbox Damage Control Boys to me.

I mean, if they did have a deal in place, it would be plastered all over the place; I don't think I have seen one screenshot of a bus, or a billboard advertising it.

Also, after what has been the running disaster of Concord, surely Sony would want to bury bad news and deflect all attention away from it with Wukangs success.

The simple answer I imagine is, is that the series s is a fucking nightmare to get the game running on, and the company did not have the resources nor the time to work on it, so they focused on PC and Ps5.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
p3SW0Xk.jpeg

So is the Bots' allegation is that Sony allegedly paid Game Science to prioritize optimization for the PS5, ergo allowing the PS5 version to be released far in advance of the Xbox port? This is so sad and pathetic for Xbox diehards that they need to resort to these 3D chess scenarios to score a "win" on social media.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

If he's quite confident he knows who the source is, it sounds like somebody at Microsoft is mad, lmao.
The "source" is Phil Spencer. He's been feeding these anti-Sony articles all gen. He can't do it himself so he sends his shills in the media. Tassi, Imran, Jez, Mat. It's always the same MO with him.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
So Sony allegedly paid Game Science to prioritize the PS5 development

So is the Bots' allegation that Sony allegedly paid Game Science to prioritize optimization for the PS5, ergo allowing the PS5 version to be released far in advance of the Xbox port? This is so sad and pathetic for Xbox diehards that they need to resort to these 3D chess scenarios to score a "win" on social media.
If that was true it's not an 'exclusivity' deal it's paying to help speed up development for playstation customers to get their hands on it asap , something Microsoft could do if they wanted lol

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

The same loser that started the rumor Sony was trying to money hat Starfield only to find out that was never the case and then Phil Spencer used that rumor in court as their reason for the buyout?

It's very clear he is a mouthpiece for Xbox

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Any tech review shows that the game has some technical troubles (usual for UE5 first-timers). The devs themselves stated that the game isn't releasing on xbox due to tech troubles. Sony didn't move a needle to promote this game.

Yet the Xbox shills insist on this fake story about Wukong not being on Xbox because of some secret deal.

At the same time we have Matt Booty's e-mails saying they want to "spend Sony out of business".

You don't get any more deranged than this.