Paul Tassi (Forbes): Black Myth Wukong not currently coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal (Update: IGN Corroborates, many others deny)

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
People asking SIE to refute the rumors.. You have to be absolutely high to ask for that.

Xbox is literally delivering a free exclusive into Sony's laps, why would you interrupt your opponent when he's flailing like this and giving you a benefit?

SIE are probably losing their shit laughing at this as I type this.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
People asking SIE to refute the rumors.. You have to be absolutely high to ask for that.

It can always be false, and they might comment on it, there's still plenty of time for a reply, we're only Thursday.
At the same time, if it's true that there's a "Shadow Exclusive"(I've just seen this term on ERA and I fucking love it lmao) they can't really refute it.

I mean they could, but that would be lying and I'd advise against it.

SIE are probably losing their shit laughing at this as I type this.

They are certainly collecting the money right now.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
It can always be false, and they might comment on it, there's still plenty of time for a reply, we're only Thursday.
At the same time, if it's true that there's a "Shadow Exclusive"(I've just seen this term on ERA and I fucking love it lmao) they can't really refute it.

I mean they could, but that would be lying and I'd advise against it.
I mean.. If it's true, then sure, I agree with you that they don't want to lie about it.

But if it's a lie? You still don't talk about it because you just got a massive boost via a bizarre competitor's lie.

It's a win-win for SIE, that's why it's absurd that people want them to defend their honor because they are pissed some online idiots are running with it.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
I mean.. If it's true, then sure, I agree with you that they don't want to lie about it.

But if it's a lie? You still don't talk about it because you just got a massive boost via a bizarre competitor's lie.

It's a win-win for SIE, that's why it's absurd that people want them to defend their honor because they are pissed some online idiots are running with it.
The onus isn't on Sony to confirm/deny. It's really on Game Science.

Game science already stated officially that it was due to technical issues, Tassi and IGN are implying that Game Science are liars. Although it's possible Sony is advising them to be mum about the issue since it's essentially free publicity for the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Maybe if Jez was less of a smug obnoxious faggot in his initial statement then people would have given him less shit for it.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

GIF by NETFLIX

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
This is the stupidest crap I've read in the last few months and represents an absolute low point in the "journalism" industry. The developer himself says there is no deal. Sony, who are not shy about making deals like this, afaik didn't even have the title in a SoP/Showcase, nor is exclusivity mentioned at the end of any trailer for the game on the Playstation channel.

Even with a title like Honkai Star Rail, a few weeks and months after the PS5 launch, it was written at the end of a trailer that the title would be console exclusive for a certain period of time. Why the hell should Sony be so secretive about this title now? They're not paying millions for exclusivity just so the title doesn't come out for a dead system that was already selling poorly. What kind of drugs is Tassi on? I'm used to nothing else from IGN, the biggest Xbox trolls ever work there. I'm pretty sure their source comes neither from the developer nor from Sony, but from Team Green.

The fact that they obviously don't want to tell fans that their crappy Series S is the reason why they can't play the game makes more sense than Sony paying money and not even marketing it. Funnily enough, it was the same with Baldur's Gate 3. Jez Cordan didn't want to accept that Sony didn't have a deal, but he claimed it until the developer made it public why the Xbox version was being delayed. And even then Spencer and Team Green denied everything, which pissed the developer off and almost canceled the port. Only then did Spencer give in regarding the co-op split screen, which was then deleted for the Series S.

Since the announcement of the Series S, developers have said the console is poorly designed. At IGN, a Remedy employee made critical comments about the Series S before the launch of the PS5/Series, and for months we've been hearing over and over again that the RAM is the bottleneck of the S (and in some cases X) - when will the American "journalists" finally accept that and stop spreading fairy tales that nobody can verify? It's not enough that idiots like Dreamcastguy from YouTube get pushed into my recommendations, now I have to put up with this nonsense.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I think someone on the reddit page games and leaks made a good point about what possibly happened.

“I propose what possibly could have happened that doesn’t make all these leakers look stupid and somewhat right. The devs struggled possibly to make both console versions of the game. However, Sony funded the PS5 port to make sure it releases on time. Meanwhile Xbox didn’t choose to pay for it and wanted to wait on it. This is where the confusion could come. Sony didn’t pay for it to be an exclusive, they just paid to make their version not get delayed. For whatever reason, Microsoft chose not to do this, maybe because they wanted a non buggy game at launch. This lines with what everyone is saying. Microsoft said they can’t comment on deals like this, which could be referring to this. All these leakers are confused about the deal with Playstation. But if it’s not this then it’s simply the fact that it’s not at all exclusive in which case we need to bump down a few leakers tier wise”.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I think someone on the reddit page games and leaks made a good point about what possibly happened.

“I propose what possibly could have happened that doesn’t make all these leakers look stupid and somewhat right. The devs struggled possibly to make both console versions of the game. However, Sony funded the PS5 port to make sure it releases on time. Meanwhile Xbox didn’t choose to pay for it and wanted to wait on it. This is where the confusion could come. Sony didn’t pay for it to be an exclusive, they just paid to make their version not get delayed. For whatever reason, Microsoft chose not to do this, maybe because they wanted a non buggy game at launch. This lines with what everyone is saying. Microsoft said they can’t comment on deals like this, which could be referring to this. All these leakers are confused about the deal with Playstation. But if it’s not this then it’s simply the fact that it’s not at all exclusive in which case we need to bump down a few leakers tier wise”.

Even MS don’t want to deal with the Series S much less having to pay for it.