Paul Tassi (Forbes): Black Myth Wukong not currently coming to Xbox due to an exclusivity deal (Update: IGN Corroborates, many others deny)

DForce

24 Jun 2022
Xbox fanboys were celebrating yesterday on twitter and now it seems like it will come back to bite them in the a**?

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Personally, I believe that there is no exclusivity deal in place but that Sony did help Game Science with porting and optimizing the game for PlayStation 5 especially since it's their first console game. Because of that, the Xbox version was delayed because if Sony is helping you with the game, you're going to focus on that version of the game. Now that it's out, I believe that Microsoft will help them with porting and optimizing the Xbox Series X/S versions just like they did a year ago with Larian for Baldur's Gate 3. PC and PlayStation 5 have the game now while I believe that Xbox Series X/S will get the game in early 2025. Sony and Microsoft helping Game Science in regards to making sure they get the game on their platform is what they both should be doing so it's good to see that happening.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Xbox fanboys were celebrating yesterday on twitter and now it seems like it will come back to bite them in the a**?
It's good if MS finally gets exposed as the source for all these weekly stories and FUD. Imran, IGN, Tassi, Jez and Tom obviously all use the same source and they speak to each other.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: AllBizness

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I can't believe its 2024 and people are still falling for whatever crap journalists right, Gamers rightfully dubbed them urinalists. The most talentless people who actually have never set foot in a journalism school write for IGN etc. The IGN reporter may put 15 yrs of exp in her bio but shovelling shit for 15 yrs doesn't make you an expert on anything.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
People asking SIE to refute the rumors.. You have to be absolutely high to ask for that.

Xbox is literally delivering a free exclusive into Sony's laps, why would you interrupt your opponent when he's flailing like this and giving you a benefit?

SIE are probably losing their shit laughing at this as I type this.

Yeah, like Sony should hold a emergency PR meeting about this and react quickly to this soooo irrelevant story. But maybe they've really held a meeting. Just to read Resetera thread for a good laugh all night. LOL

Imagine Xbox “insiders” fighting who is right about a game released on PS5 lol

That is why that fan base has no hope…

insider_civil_war.png

🤣

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I see Xbox fans finally found the Nintendo Fanboy recipe for online Drama.
Remember when Monster Hunter World was announced and wasn't coming to switch. So many Nintendo fanboys pointed the finger at Sony for this happening and not the Switches hardware.

Now it wouldn't surprise me if there are some deals between Sony and Game Science to market the game showing off the PS5 version in stores in territories in asia but I don't think Sony paid for an straight up exclusivity deal and also barely promote the game unless this was a very and I mean very last minute decision.

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
Is this how Sega fans acted like online when Dreamcast was in its death throes?
Yes
I remember back in the year 2000
Sega fanboys were the most fucking annoying fanbase in the old gaming age fourms aka the old neogaf fourms
The were downplaying any ps2 related news in every thread
Of course we laughed at them when the dreamcast died in 2001 😂😂😂😂

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Is this how Sega fans acted like online when Dreamcast was in its death throes?
I wasn't following gaming all the way back then but I distinctly remember many former Sega fans who hated Sony's guts and became Xbox/Nintendo fanboys in the PS360 era

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Whatever maybe the case if any of the dumb journalists lose jobs then its a win for us, The source must be a microsoft source and these idiots went ahead and wrote articles.