PC Port of Spiderman 2 being developed by community and it's far along. The damage of leaks! Build complete.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
i see a lawsuit coming
I mean that has to happen but he is trying to skirt around that by saying it's a guide and trying to do things to avoid tht. The damn game is playable. They took the leaked info, assets, etc and are working off tht. This is terrible and shows the damage leaks can have.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
They need to be sued into oblivion and PlayStation needs to understand pc is not a friendly platform. The companies that own and operate on pc are not friendly and the pc gamers are not friendly to PlayStation or Sony.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They need to be sued into oblivion and PlayStation needs to understand pc is not a friendly platform. The companies that own and operate on pc are not friendly and the pc gamers are not friendly to PlayStation or Sony.
This shit is insane, the reddit has tons of info on its current state and it's basically the whole game!

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I mean that has to happen but he is trying to skirt around that by saying it's a guide and trying to do things to avoid tht. The damn game is playable. They took the leaked info, assets, etc and are working off tht. This is terrible and shows the damage leaks can have.
sony and disney will sue the soul out of this guy, if by 2025 the game is playable on PC they'll lose a lot of sales, SM2 will only arrive on PC officialy 2 years after release as usual, and Miles Morales flopped hard on that platform, most people pirate singleplayer games on PC

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
unfortunately with game budgets expected to reach 500M+ by next gen i doubt they'll stop porting games to PC, the problem is most people pirate their games on PC and they don't even put denuovo on them to avoid piracy, it's just sad

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i really don't see a world where sony releases their high budget singleplayer games on PC day and date, it would not help the sales, a lot of people would pirate it

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Doesn't that open him up to legal consequences. I know it would if he was building an emulator with stolen info.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
i really don't see a world where sony releases their high budget singleplayer games on PC day and date, it would not help the sales, a lot of people would pirate it

Going by the alleged Insomniac release schedule, Sony won’t be doing day one PC releases at all. As X-Men won’t even be released on PC at the same time.

I’m still hoping Sony reduced PC support in general for their first party like we were speculating.

Reactions: Orangee

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Doesn't that open him up to legal consequences. I know it would if he was building an emulator with stolen info.
not only that, but insomniac and sony both have access to his IP since he's accessing stolen content from their servers

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Going by the alleged Insomniac release schedule, Sony won’t be doing day one PC releases at all. As X-Men won’t even be released on PC at the same time.

I’m still hoping Sony reduced PC support in general for their first party like we were speculating.
they need to bring Only On PlayStation back but i highly doubt they'll do it, they're even talking about putting PS Plus on Smart TVs, it's frustrating they'll try to pursue the xbox route, it'll only lead to destruction, it's one thing for MICROSOFT to put their games on WINDOWS, a platform they own, it's other thing for Sony to make their games avaliable on PC and better on that platform.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and JAHGamer
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Definitely should and will. He states he won't release it to the public but idk.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
unfortunately with game budgets expected to reach 500M+ by next gen i doubt they'll stop porting games to PC, the problem is most people pirate their games on PC and they don't even put denuovo on them to avoid piracy, it's just sad
Well with next year's PlayStation sales down to 18 million in projections... They have already begun to hurt the platform and the potential long-term profit and customer base.

Pc ports are going to destroy billions of revenue and profit as well as customer growth for just a few million dollars.

I just can't deal with the stupidity.

If they don't want to spend so much on exclusives, then just close down all the studios and pay third parties for real exclusives.... Because making games that are not exclusive is pointless.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
they need to bring Only On PlayStation back but i highly doubt they'll do it, they're even talking about putting PS Plus on Smart TVs, it's frustrating they'll try to pursue the xbox route, it'll only lead to destruction, it's one thing for MICROSOFT to put their games on WINDOWS, a platform they own, it's other thing for Sony to make their games avaliable on PC and better on that platform.
Psnow was on tvs initially then they removed it. They aren't following Xbox it's the other way around.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Well with next year's PlayStation sales down to 18 million in projections... They have already begun to hurt the platform and the potential long-term profit and customer base.

Pc ports are going to destroy billions of revenue and profit as well as customer growth for just a few million dollars.

I just can't deal with the stupidity.

If they don't want to spend so much on exclusives, then just close down all the studios and pay third parties for real exclusives.... Because making games that are not exclusive is pointless.
the right thing would be for games like Miles Morales, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, maximum of 150M in budget, still with the PlayStation Studios quality we can expect

Reactions: Bryank75

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

PSnow was already on Sony and Samsung TV’s back in 2014. Sony has done a lot of streaming aspects of what other companies are only starting now. Thing with Sony is that they start things very early and then stop doing them.

Only On PlayStation needs to be a marketing point again I agree. Maybe they new CEO will see it that way.

🤞

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
the right thing would be for games like Miles Morales, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, maximum of 150M in budget, still with the PlayStation Studios quality we can expect
In order to get tht polish and level of quality those Sony first parties have like TLOU2 they need to spend money. I agree though they should be able to cut down costs if bloat is involved and other inefficiencies. 150 million should be more than enough. But in no way should Sony cut back on their development costs because then it will affect the quality of games and the reason I'm a big Sony supporter is due to tht quality if that disappears then I won't be.

However if Sucker Punch can create a game like Ghost of T with only 60 million! then they definitely should be able to

• Surprised
Reactions: Nomen_Nescio