PC Port of Spiderman 2 being developed by community and it's far along. The damage of leaks! Build complete.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
This shit is insane, the reddit has tons of info on its current state and it's basically the whole game!
Pretty likely it's a development build of the PS5 version adapted to be played in PC for testing and debugging purposes.

I assume that like the leaked Wolverine vertical slice build it will connect to multiple Insomniac URLs both for metrics, internal statistics, debugging, security and other stuff. Meaning, very likely whoever plays this will get detected by Insomniac and sued by Sony.

Well with next year's PlayStation sales down to 18 million in projections...
As I remember Sony's prediction continues being 25M for the current fiscal year.

D

Deleted member 223

PC fever.

chris-evans-laughing-out-loud.gif

• haha
Reactions: Umar

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Well they wanted to cater to pc. So there's that. They could easily stop putting single player games on pc if they wanted to , I would be suprised if they did stop

Reactions: nongkris and Box

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
My new favourite poster.
No really, instead of taking 30 million to port Rift Apart on pc to make like 50 to 70 million in revenue they can take 60 to 80 million to fully remake or even remaster certain titles like a inFAMOUS 1 & 2 & sell it for 70$ easily make over 200 million in revenue (double if not nearly trippling the revenue these pc ports bring with no negative effects) easily selling 5 million copies while also doubling down on the core console.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Wonder how PS studios feel about continuing to port there beloved games
Wonder no more! I found actual quotes from Playstation studios:

Naughty Dog:
We’re so thrilled new players can experience these two incredible stories, all in one great package. So with its launch, let’s reflect a bit on why this release is so meaningful to Naughty Dog, and how we hope it will continue to showcase our commitment to delivering unforgettable games, now to more players than ever.

Insomniac:
Really broadly, our goal with this version was to make sure that PC gamers feel like we're honouring the platform, and respecting the way people come to the platform and have different hardware and different input preferences, and really trying to offer as much configurability as we could across the board so everyone can do what they want to do.”

Santa Monica:
It's exciting for us because we spent so much time, so much energy, so much of who we are to create this. So being able to have new people experience it, either become fans, or at least even just to be able to go on the journey, is just huge,” Barlog said. “To have this experience or this opportunity for us to bring it to new people, it's huge. It is tantamount to the idea of writing something and having it translated into tons of different languages. And we get that same feeling when we are localizing the game to different territories, but now we're able to branch it out and bring more people into this experience.”

Bend:
On the PlayStation, we’re just seeing options for performance mode [for higher framerates]. For PC gamers, that’s old news. We were pretty excited to be able to unlock those settings and allow the PC player to use whatever monitor they have, whatever keyboard and mouse configuration or controller preference they have.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Pretty likely it's a development build of the PS5 version adapted to be played in PC for testing and debugging purposes.

I assume that like the leaked Wolverine vertical slice build it will connect to multiple Insomniac URLs both for metrics, internal statistics, debugging, security and other stuff. Meaning, very likely whoever plays this will get detected by Insomniac and sued by Sony.

As I remember Sony's prediction continues being 25M for the current fiscal year.
It's gd of they get caught!

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Wonder how PS studios feel about continuing to port there beloved games just to get trash by PC players, keep porting your games to platforms certain gamers don’t give a fuck about & will give more reason for those players & hardcore to no longer buy your console platform
Fanboyism aside, devs normally like to see their games being played or being accesible by millions of people more.

Specially when this means a few extra dozens or hundreds of millions more of revenue to the games their made because they often see a part of that revenue directly via bonuses or indirectly making their projects safer in terms of risk. The AAA games get more expensive to be made every generation so they need to find revenue sources, so this is why they expand their IPs to GaaS, PC, mobile, movies or tv shows.

And so far their consoles and 1st party game sales didn't decrease: the opposite kept growing and in most cases sell better than ever.

Regarding having a few vocal haters on internet who complain about whatever they do and ask things about their interests, most of them don't give a fuck about them because they know it's impossible to make everyone happy. Specially the haters who constantly complain about everything.

Last edited:

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Fanboyism aside, devs normally like to see their games being played or being accesible by millions of paying customers.
FTFY

They like it if people BUY the games, not pirate them.

Which platform has the most pirates?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Developers like working on one hardware. It makes development easier.
BG3 is a good example of how hard it is to ship games on multiple platforms. PS version took an extra month. And the Xbox version took almost half and yer to come out, if it was as easy as people keep saying it wouldn't have taken so long.

Last edited:
Reactions: On Demand
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
BG3 is a good example of how hard it is to ship game on other platforms. PS version took an extra month. And the Xbox version took almost half and yer to come out, if it was as easy as people keep saying it wouldn't have taken so long.
Xbox took long bcus thy were trying their best to get solo screen working on the S until thy couldn't and gave up. You can only do so much with a potatoe.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Xbox took long bcus thy were trying their best to get coop working on the S until thy couldn't and gave up. You can only do so much with a potatoe.
If it was so easy than they would just get that working right away and with no save bugs.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I assure you those 20M copies were not sold on PC.
No, most of them in console.

Because they are console games that got a overpriced PC port when the game was old enough to don't affect their console sales, designed to be selling slowly over years as they keep discounting it.

And well, this port will give them enough profits to fund a big chunk of the development of their next game, so they are happy with these PC ports.

Developers like working on one hardware. It makes development easier.
Yes, and it's what Insomniac does. Nixxes are the ones who port the games to PC.

Same goes with others like SSM, they focus on making the game for PS. Then Jetpack Interactive ports it to PC.

24 Jun 2022
It's okay. That and HFW will very likely be among the last traditional current-gen PS 1P ports they get, anyway.

Going forward, if it's not legacy/catalog remaster collections or some GaaS/live-service, it's not getting a PC port within the generation or possibly longer. Not until Sony set up a PS Store on PC & mobile, and I'd picture a mobile variant comes before PC (bigger potential market, less content crossover/dilution with console).

A PS Store on PC is still likely many, many years away; Sony'd need a way to monetize revenue so that a typical sub can provide revenue equivalent to some console MSRP over a median subscription period. That's without the user needing to buy a game, btw.

Which as you can imagine, would also mean PS+ support and some "free" ad-based/subsidized tier for the storefront on non-PlayStation systems.

When their game sells over 20M copies they don't give a fuck about piracy.

Every pirated copy is one less copy sold, so yes, they definitely "give a fu--" about piracy. Any company does; Nintendo's pushing 20+ million copies of TOTK but see how far pirates could get away with trying to freely distribute a cracked copy without Nintendo's lawyers destroying their lives.

Also given some the insistence that the money from the PC ports is "free money" (I don't actually see it that way but I digress), it's odd to say Sony wouldn't care about pirated copies of games like Spiderman when almost all of the pirated copies are on the platform that can barely do 20% (at best; often it's 10% or less) of the sales of very same games on PlayStation console, despite storefronts like Steam claiming to have install bases comparable to PS4 & Switch :/

Reactions: Muddasar

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It's okay. That and HFW will very likely be among the last traditional current-gen PS 1P ports they get, anyway.

Going forward, if it's not legacy/catalog remaster collections or some GaaS/live-service, it's not getting a PC port within the generation or possibly longer. Not until Sony set up a PS Store on PC & mobile, and I'd picture a mobile variant comes before PC (bigger potential market, less content crossover/dilution with console).

A PS Store on PC is still likely many, many years away; Sony'd need a way to monetize revenue so that a typical sub can provide revenue equivalent to some console MSRP over a median subscription period. That's without the user needing to buy a game, btw.

Which as you can imagine, would also mean PS+ support and some "free" ad-based/subsidized tier for the storefront on non-PlayStation systems.

Every pirated copy is one less copy sold, so yes, they definitely "give a fu--" about piracy. Any company does; Nintendo's pushing 20+ million copies of TOTK but see how far pirates could get away with trying to freely distribute a cracked copy without Nintendo's lawyers destroying their lives.

Also given some the insistence that the money from the PC ports is "free money" (I don't actually see it that way but I digress), it's odd to say Sony wouldn't care about pirated copies of games like Spiderman when almost all of the pirated copies are on the platform that can barely do 20% (at best; often it's 10% or less) of the sales of very same games on PlayStation console, despite storefronts like Steam claiming to have install bases comparable to PS4 & Switch :/
What makes you say this? I think it all depends on the next CEOs vision, but I sadly doubt PC ports will stop.