PC Port of Spiderman 2 being developed by community and it's far along. The damage of leaks! Build complete.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Apparently the dude working on the port says that there are so many files missing that he won't be able to finish it. Looks like their stolen early port isn't happening.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Apparently the dude working on the port says that there are so many files missing that he won't be able to finish it. Looks like their stolen early port isn't happening.
Nah he's going to finish it and everyday he's making progress. The reddit has video of all types of aspects from a completed world, combat, ui being worked on, costumes, etc

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sony's amateur approach to this entire fiasco is quite baffling. An extremely out of touch company on so many fronts. Call up bestie Rockstar let them help.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Nah he's going to finish it and everyday he's making progress. The reddit has video of all types of aspects from a completed world, combat, ui being worked on, costumes, etc
Last I read, there was a permanent loading screen when he tried to boot because there were so many models missing.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: KiryuRealty
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Last I read, there was a permanent loading screen when he tried to boot because there were so many models missing.

This was posted ten hours ago and most of my OP posts are new posts about his work. He is well past tht phase. He has basically a playable game.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
the right thing would be for games like Miles Morales, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, maximum of 150M in budget, still with the PlayStation Studios quality we can expect
I wouldn't mind that at all, I think 10 to 15 hours is plenty of game.

As long as they charge 50 to 60 euro.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Wonder how PS studios feel about continuing to port there beloved games just to get trash by PC players, keep porting your games to platforms certain gamers don’t give a fuck about & will give more reason for those players & hardcore to no longer buy your console platform

Look at Xbox

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This would've never been possible if the first game wasn't on PC. You know....the port that was also a colossal flop? 😂 In 6 months it couldn't even sell HALF of what it did in 3 days on PS4. And Miles was subsequently ported which also flopped. Traded your 2 biggest console sellers for pennies. Amazing long term thinking Sony....this is why Spider-Man couldn't surpass Ragnarok as the fastest selling first party game when it absolutely should've. A LOT of people are just waiting to play it on PC.

I salute the people doing the port, I hope they can fully complete it and upload it for free so Sony sees even less money with the official port 😈

And PS fans don't be mad at me, Sony did it to themselves 🤷‍♂️

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Wonder how PS studios feel about continuing to port there beloved games just to get trash by PC players, keep porting your games to platforms certain gamers don’t give a fuck about & will give more reason for those players & hardcore to no longer buy your console platform

Look at Xbox

My new favourite poster.

Reactions: Neversummer

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
In order to get tht polish and level of quality those Sony first parties have like TLOU2 they need to spend money. I agree though they should be able to cut down costs if bloat is involved and other inefficiencies. 150 million should be more than enough. But in no way should Sony cut back on their development costs because then it will affect the quality of games and the reason I'm a big Sony supporter is due to tht quality if that disappears then I won't be.

However if Sucker Punch can create a game like Ghost of T with only 60 million! then they definitely should be able to

think about it, a game with 10/15 hours would take only 2 and a half years to make, that means Sony's studios could make at least 4 projects per generation each, that means we would have at least 4 games of this size every year, one every 3 months, with them having smaller budgets, they could charge us less, 50 for standard editions 60 for deluxe editions, consumers would be happy paying less, they would be profiting more like the leaks shown, they made more than 100M dollars on Spiderman Miles Morales, and the game sold 14M units, at the end of the day everybody will be happy having 4 first party game experieces of 10/15 hours each to play every year, the prices would be better for consumers and sony would profit more, and they would not need to port their stuff to PC due to insane budgets.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
think about it, a game with 10/15 hours would take only 2 and a half years to make, that means Sony's studios could make at least 4 projects per generation each, that means we would have at least 4 games of this size every year, one every 3 months, with them having smaller budgets, they could charge us less, 50 for standard editions 60 for deluxe editions, consumers would be happy paying less, they would be profiting more like the leaks shown, they made more than 100M dollars on Spiderman Miles Morales, and the game sold 14M units, at the end of the day everybody will be happy having 4 first party game experieces of 10/15 hours each to play every year, the prices would be better for consumers and sony would profit more, and they would not need to port their stuff to PC due to insane budgets.
Im all for it! And again Ghost of T is a sublime game with coop done with just 60 million! So it can be done.

• Heart
Reactions: Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I wouldn't mind that at all, I think 10 to 15 hours is plenty of game.

As long as they charge 50 to 60 euro.
games of this size were the reason Naughty Dog managed to release Uncharted 1, 2, 3 and The Last Of Us in the same generation, 4 projects of 10/15 hours each

• thisistheway
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Bryank75