PCs will be the ideal platform for Sony devs over the PS5

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
nah,you point doesnt stand up,the tv its used for a lot of things and not only games.gpu prices are fucking insade,tv prices are decent,you can have all the preferences on the world but than cant change that right now top tier PC gaming its fucking expensive and almost a niche thing

PC is used for a lot of things too, not just gaming. You don't have to go balls to the wall to get a better experience than consoles. A lower end CPU and GPU will give you the same, if not better results. It's not 1999 anymore. You don't need a RTX 40xx card, as even the RTX 20xx series had better performance than next gen consoles. Your argument doesn't hold any weight.
you dont buy a 2000 euros cards to do "another things" also you need a beefy pc to brag about it on forums,thats the point of this thread, ihave three gaming pcs ,one of them with a rtx70 and is till much worse than my ps5 or series x at much more cost,my point not only prevails its a fucking reallity,yours in in a alternate universe where pc to play are as cheap and efficient as a ps5 or a series x,good luck my friend

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

I would agree with this if they were targeting high end pcs, but nope they will have to make games around the lowest pc specs. So no.
If they make games around the lowest pc specs, then no games would have ray-tracing capabilities and Nanite wouldn't be a thing.

That is a completely false statement and literally just as much of a fantasy as believing there is a Santa Claus. Housemarque isn't going to bother making their port of the PC with ray-tracing when the lowest end GPU can't implement it like the consoles can't.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

If you guys don't cut it out with the personal attacks in my thread, I'm going to have you locked from the thread.

Fair warning.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

you dont buy a 2000 euros cards to do "another things" also you need a beefy pc to brag about it on forums,thats the point of this thread, ihave three gaming pcs ,one of them with a rtx70
How is it that you got 4 generations of GPUs over everyone else is sporting 3x000 series cards? Do you mean 2070 Nvidia GPU?

and is till much worse than my ps5 or series x at much more cost,my point not only prevails its a fucking reallity,yours in in a alternate universe where pc to play are as cheap and efficient as a ps5 or a series x,good luck my friend
What GPU is much worse than the PS5?

Let's get this straight. How is it that some of you compare the highend hardware of the consoles to the low end GPUs on the PC? That is hardly fair. It's like me comparing a 3090 to a base PS4.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
How is it that you got 4 generations of GPUs over everyone else is sporting 3x000 series cards? Do you mean 2070 Nvidia GPU?

What GPU is much worse than the PS5?

Let's get this straight. How is it that some of you compare the highend hardware of the consoles to the low end GPUs on the PC? That is hardly fair. It's like me comparing a 3090 to a base PS4.
dude,you arent fooling anyone ,u havent changed at all,high end pc users are obnoxious,you always brag on the highest settings and we people talk about the cost of these always is the same old son "BU BU BU THERE ARE CHEAPER CARDS "bullllllllllllllllllllllllllshit as always with pc users its utter and pure bullshit,your kind come to forums to brag,you can disguise as you want but the the crude truth,this whole thread its the same shit u used to spew on neogaf,we get it homie,pc gaming have advantages and a price to pay for these,normal people and console users DONT GIVE A FUCK about this shit,and still 2022 at people like you dont geit it an make stupid threads like this

at the end its funny to see the master racer begging for TRIPLE AAA games for console manufactures,how bad the pc gaming space as falllen in 20 years

and i have a rig with a 3080ti a 2070 on a portable and another with a 3070 for my summer house and i was a pc gamer since the late eighties alongside with my 8bits and my amiga ,so consoles werent my cup of tea back in the day

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
If they make games around the lowest pc specs, then no games would have ray-tracing capabilities and Nanite wouldn't be a thing.

That is a completely false statement and literally just as much of a fantasy as believing there is a Santa Claus. Housemarque isn't going to bother making their port of the PC with ray-tracing when the lowest end GPU can't implement it like the consoles can't.
Ray tracing got nothing to do with physics, ai and ssd. Also Housemarque is not by any stretch of imagination a developer that's is pushing the limits of the hardware.

Ray tracing on or off is irrelevant.
You have to design software around the the peasants hardware because they are the majority of the people.
Even worse now that the prices of pc parts skyrocket

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

dude,you arent fooling anyone ,u havent changed at all,high end pc users are obnoxious,you always brag on the highest settings and we people talk about the cost of these always is the same old son "BU BU BU THERE ARE CHEAPER CARDS "bullllllllllllllllllllllllllshit as always with pc users its utter and pure bullshit,your kind come to forums to brag,you can disguise as you want but the the crude truth,this whole thread its the same shit u used to spew on neogaf,we get it homie,pc gaming have advantages and a price to pay for these,normal people and console users DONT GIVE A FUCK about this shit,and still 2022 at people like you dont geit it an make stupid threads like this
I propose you keep your personal feelings towards me out of the forums. When you wanted to apologize for calling me names on Discord, I knew it was an insincere jest.

I am not concerned what you think about me. But trying to somehow make a dig at how my conversation went on other boards is slimy and tasteless. If I get to you so much, please use the ignore feature. That way you won't be tempted to try to "show me up" and get banned again.

• they're_right_you_know
25 Jul 2022

Just to let you know Returnal does use raytracing on PS5 for the lighting. Obviously not as sexy as full raytraced reflections you probably have in mind, however the raytracing hardware is used.

"By leveraging PS5's raytracing hardware, we are able to deliver high-quality lighting in real time,” technology director Ethan Watson explains.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

Ray tracing got nothing to do with physics, ai and ssd. Also Housemarque is not by any stretch of imagination a developer that's is pushing the limits of the hardware.

Ray tracing on or off is irrelevant.
You have to design software around the the peasants hardware because they are the majority of the people.
Even worse now that the prices of pc parts skyrocket
You are speaking with 0 knowledge of what you are addressing.

Let me elaborate on what I'm trying to say :

1) Returnal uses the Unreal Engine so most of the advanced features in games that use UE is already implemented.

2) If Housemarque and ALL other developers that release games are developed around low end GPUs like the 1x000 series of boards or the 2x000 series of boards, there would be no need to implement any advanced features in graphics because those cards are unable to render the game at a good FPS with those advanced features. Yet that is NOT what we see right now.

3) There are several PS5 specific games and according to you, they should have taken full advantage of the PS5 hardware. Yet, we see no advanced ray-tracing or Nanite-like games developed for it. We should also be seeing native 4k/60FPS due to coding to the metal instead of lower resolution framebuffer resolution (i.e. 1440p) being upscaled to 4k and 30-40FPS targets.

Name an exclusive PS5 game that has more technical graphics features than a multiplatform game like Metro Exodus or Cyberpunk at MAX settings using all the advanced rendering features (RT, etc..) for this generation ? This will make your argument sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • fire
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

Just to let you know Returnal does use raytracing on PS5 for the lighting. Obviously not as sexy as full raytraced reflections you probably have in mind, however the raytracing hardware is used.

"By leveraging PS5's raytracing hardware, we are able to deliver high-quality lighting in real time,” technology director Ethan Watson explains.
Yea, I knew that but it's still at a limit for the PS5. And how they are using it isn't in the way RT lighting is used for games like Metro and Cyberpunk.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
You are speaking with 0 knowledge of what you are addressing.

Let me elaborate on what I'm trying to say :

1) Returnal uses the Unreal Engine so most of the advanced features in games that use UE is already implemented.

2) If Housemarque and ALL other developers that release games are developed around low end GPUs like the 1x000 series of boards or the 2x000 series of boards, there would be no need to implement any advanced features in graphics because those cards are unable to render the game at a good FPS with those advanced features. Yet that is NOT what we see right now.

3) There are several PS5 specific games and according to you, they should have taken full advantage of the PS5 hardware. Yet, we see no advanced ray-tracing or Nanite-like games developed for it. We should also be seeing native 4k/60FPS due to coding to the metal instead of lower resolution framebuffer resolution (i.e. 1440p) being upscaled to 4k and 30-40FPS targets.

Name an exclusive PS5 game that has more technical graphics features than a multiplatform game like Metro Exodus or Cyberpunk at MAX settings using all the advanced rendering features (RT, etc..) for this generation ? This will make your argument sound.
lmfao. all you listed are lipstick on a pig. doesnt change the fact these games are held back by shitty hardware

there is absolutely not a single game on pc or any other platform that plays like

returnal
ratchet
and demons souls

there is zero loading times in those games and seamless change between levels.
all the features you are listing ray tracing and all are absolutely irrelevant for level design.

the pc market has being held back forever when comes to games.. the only thing you get with better hardware is just more pretty stuff of the same stuff there is nothing transformative about using a $1000 graphic vs a $500 one
and these 3 sony games are early gen games

no one is targeting high-end GPU there is no money to be made on those

• haha
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

lmfao. all you listed are lipstick on a pig. doesnt change the fact these games are held back by shitty hardware
You literally just repeated your unsubstantiated claim without going into any details. I can't have this conversation with you.

there is absolutely not a single game on pc or any other platform that plays like

returnal
ratchet
and demons souls
LOL! Are you serious here?

Do you even realize what you just did? Returnal is an UNREAL engine game. You just heard that it will have features on the PC version that's NOT in the console version and yet it's designed for low-end GPUs??

I'm going to give you one more chance to argue in good faith. If you can't do that, then leave my thread.

• they're_right_you_know
D

Deleted member 51

The tables have turned, there's no more arguing against PC gaming. Everything has been laid out on the table. I'm curious to see what AMD has in stock this generation though.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
You literally just repeated your unsubstantiated claim without going into any details. I can't have this conversation with you.

LOL! Are you serious here?

Do you even realize what you just did? Returnal is an UNREAL engine game. You just heard that it will have features on the PC version that's NOT in the console version and yet it's designed for low-end GPUs??

I'm going to give you one more chance to argue in good faith. If you can't do that, then leave my thread.
Why you keep bringing up the engine?
I know you haven't play returnal. But let explain something. Once you finish the first level. A portal opens and you can see the next level through the portal fully loaded ready to go.
Thats the shit I'm talking about.
I'm playing prey right now and every single door you go through has a long ass loading screen

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 13

Why you keep bringing up the engine?
I know you haven't play returnal. But let explain something. Once you finish the first level. A portal opens and you can see the next level through the portal fully loaded ready to go.
Thats the shit I'm talking about.
I'm playing prey right now and every single door you go through has a long ass loading screen
So basically you want to avoid my argument since it's true. Now you want to talk about loading performance? Let's see if Returnal for the PC has long load screens or if they load the entire level in memory since it's procedurally generated.