Pentiment, Grounded, Sea of Thieves and Hi-Fi RUSH confirmed coming to PS5. |UP| Hifi rush preorders on PS5 going well.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Sea of Thieves is huge and going to do massive numbers of PlayStation 5. Grounded is cross-generation and just hit 20M players. You really don't think that on an install base of 170M that it won't sell 10M+? Hi Fi Rush will sell really well because it's a great game and while I do believe that it will do better when it eventually releases on Nintendo, it's going to hit at least 5M on PlayStation 5. Pentiment is the only game that will sell a few hundred thousand copies. You guys are truly underestimating what these games are going to do just out of sheer hatred for Microsoft and Xbox. But those who don't care about any of this bullshit and just want to play the games where they prefer to play them will eat up three of the four games that are releasing.
Why do all Xbox fans talk like this? I mean that as a genuine question.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Why do all Xbox fans talk like this? I mean that a genuine question.

Two of the four games are massive. One game in Hi Fi Rush is a game that will get a lot of people buying it just with the art style alone. Pentiment is the only game that won't sell much. But again, we'll just have to wait and see.

Nix

14 Feb 2024
"the gaming community thrives when more people get to play"

God I hate their PR talk, they should be getting more flak for it, if they really believed in what they preach then they would release everything on Playstation and Switch but that isn't the case (so far at least).

• they're_right_you_know

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Sea of Thieves is huge and going to do massive numbers of PlayStation 5. Grounded is cross-generation and just hit 20M players. You really don't think that on an install base of 170M that it won't sell 10M+? Hi Fi Rush will sell really well because it's a great game and while I do believe that it will do better when it eventually releases on Nintendo, it's going to hit at least 5M on PlayStation 5. Pentiment is the only game that will sell a few hundred thousand copies. You guys are truly underestimating what these games are going to do just out of sheer hatred for Microsoft and Xbox. But those who don't care about any of this bullshit and just want to play the games where they prefer to play them will eat up three of the four games that are releasing.

Do remember that delayed ports do not do as well as initial releases and this effect increases the more a game has already been out elsewhere, this is known sales phenomenon.

Out of the initial launch Zeitgeist/FOMO crowd and games sell a lot less, even quality games with some pretty good casual/mass appeal.
This is why even in this very PS centric forum, most users begrudgingly or not agreed that Day 1 GaaS on PC is an understandable thing(that we've just seen in action with Helldivers 2).

• brain

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Do remember that delayed ports do not do as well as initial releases and this effect increases the more a game has already been out elsewhere, this is known sales phenomenon.

Out of the initial launch Zeitgeist/FOMO crowd and games sell a lot less, even quality games with some pretty good casual/mass appeal.
This is why even in this very PS centric forum, most users begrudgingly or not agreed that Day 1 GaaS on PC is an understandable thing(that we've just seen in action with Helldivers 2).

I agree but most games that are usually timed are single player games. Two of the four games aren't. They're multi-player games and those who are into multi-player games are at the very least going to be very tempted, old or not. Plus in regards to Sea of Thieves, there's no other pirate game that's worth playing and that includes Skull & Bones. But we'll see. Maybe I will be way off but at the same time, I may also end up being very close to being accurate. Just have to wait and see.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
GFqOzT1XIAAb3TS.jpg

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Yep nothing was shut down in that podcast in regards to the rumors of games going multiplat. Keep em coming Phil. Lol.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Why did they chose a Wednesday to announce them? What is the hidden message here?

You remember all the "rumors" regarding MS buying SEGA on a Wednesday? Whoever spread it, got misheard it, it was actually "becoming" SEGA on a Wednesday.

My predictions -

- Pentiment

Don't see it selling much if at all on either platform.

- Hi Fi Rush

I see this selling 5M+ copies on PlayStation.

- Grounded

I see this selling 10M copies total between PlayStation and Switch. More on Switch than PlayStation though.

- Sea of Thieves

I see this selling 10M+ copies on PlayStation alone.

I think you are overestimating it by a factor of 10.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
GG4t9ZWXkAAiM1t

Hilarious that these are their best games in ages.

All 4 in the first half of the year as well, they, more is likely coming in the second half of 2024 already.

Last edited:

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I agree but most games that are usually timed are single player games. Two of the four games aren't. They're multi-player games and those who are into multi-player games are at the very least going to be very tempted, old or not. Plus in regards to Sea of Thieves, there's no other pirate game that's worth playing and that includes Skull & Bones. But we'll see. Maybe I will be way off but at the same time, I may also end up being very close to being accurate. Just have to wait and see.
The only reason Sea of Thieves is talked about is because it's, was, an Xbox exclusive. Any other live service game like that would be rightfully seen as niche, not a 10m seller.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke
24 Jun 2022
Two of the four games are massive. One game in Hi Fi Rush is a game that will get a lot of people buying it just with the art style alone. Pentiment is the only game that won't sell much. But again, we'll just have to wait and see.

Compared to something like Starfield, TES or even Forza Horizon and (nowadays) Halo, HiFi Rush is not a massive game. It had a bit of a glow-up at the time it released and got strong scores, but player engagement on at least Xbox doesn't look like it was very high despite the hype and the game didn't move a lot of copies even with Steam availability.

It's definitely more of a name draw at this point than, say, Pentiment or Grounded, but I wouldn't say it's a "massive" game. I can see HiFi Rush doing ~ 1-2 million lifetime on PS5 and Switch 2 combined, which would probably bring total lifetime sales by that point to ~ 3.5 - 4 million. Not bad for a new IP that's more AA in scale, but clearly not the numbers of several AAA IP out there.

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Compared to something like Starfield, TES or even Forza Horizon and (nowadays) Halo, HiFi Rush is not a massive game. It had a bit of a glow-up at the time it released and got strong scores, but player engagement on at least Xbox doesn't look like it was very high despite the hype and the game didn't move a lot of copies even with Steam availability.

It's definitely more of a name draw at this point than, say, Pentiment or Grounded, but I wouldn't say it's a "massive" game. I can see HiFi Rush doing ~ 1-2 million lifetime on PS5 and Switch 2 combined, which would probably bring total lifetime sales by that point to ~ 3.5 million. Not bad for a new IP that's more AA in scale, but clearly not the numbers of several AAA IP out there.
3.5m? There is no way it sold 2.3m copies on PC and Xbox.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I think you are overestimating it by a factor of 10.

Haha. Perhaps. We'll see.

The only reason Sea of Thieves is talked about is because it's, was, an Xbox exclusive. Any other live service game like that would be rightfully seen as niche, not a 10m seller.

Perhaps but the difference is that there's six years worth of content in the game and millions will be very interested in playing it once it releases on PlayStation 5.

It's definitely more of a name draw at this point than, say, Pentiment or Grounded, but I wouldn't say it's a "massive" game. I can see HiFi Rush doing ~ 1-2 million lifetime on PS5 and Switch 2 combined, which would probably bring total lifetime sales by that point to ~ 3.5 - 4 million. Not bad for a new IP that's more AA in scale, but clearly not the numbers of several AAA IP out there.

Sea of Thieves and Grounded are the massive games. Hi Fi Rush is just one hell of a great action adventure game that will pull in a lot of people just with the art style alone. Player engagement was low because it was shadow dropped with no marketing or advertising. We'll see how they all do on PlayStation 5.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Perhaps but the difference is that there's six years worth of content in the game and millions will be very interested in playing it once it releases on PlayStation 5.
Nobody cares about the 2019 content of Sea of Thieves on a large enough scale for it to sell millions. On Steam, where it is already accessible, it averages about 3k CCUs. That's not 10m in sales worth.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony did not promote any of the 4 games on their channel.

They should add a Z in front of each title and sort PSN alphabetically so nobody can find them on the store 😂

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
My predictions -

- Pentiment

Don't see it selling much if at all on either platform.

- Hi Fi Rush

I see this selling 5M+ copies on PlayStation.

- Grounded

I see this selling 10M copies total between PlayStation and Switch. More on Switch than PlayStation though.

- Sea of Thieves

I see this selling 10M+ copies on PlayStation alone.
My predictions:
  • Nobody buys Pentiment on PS or Switch, but MS says they're very happy with it
  • Hi Fi Rush sells like Bayonetta: maximum 2M, but MS says they are very happy with it
  • Nobody buys Grounded and Sea of Thieves in non-Xbox consoles, MS says they're very happy with them and make them F2P
This fall MS says they have been very happy with the response and announce a new batch of ports of XGS and Zenimax games released 1+ year ago.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: mango