Persona 3 Remake and Persona 5 Tatica Leaked. Coming Day one on Xbox Game Pass.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Is announcing these games on xbox a trick to get their customers to play them? It ain’t going to work.

Or are these exclusive? That’s even worse lol

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Is announcing these games on xbox a trick to get their customers to play them? It ain’t going to work.

MS needs to be paying them a lot of money because the game being available on Gamepass certainly devalues it everywhere else.

Also, like you said, hardly anyone will play it on Xbox.

As for PC:
Good Night Love GIF by The official GIPHY Page for Davis Schulz

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

The former. Atlus isn't going to tank their sales making anything exclusive to Xbox. Microsoft knows no one is going to buy it on Xbox, so it's getting the game pass subsidy.

Reactions: Entropi

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Thank you Atlus intern for ruining Xbox's showcase on Sunday, because we all know this is the only worthwhile thing that would've been presented 😂😂

• haha
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Nhomnhom

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Seems like a deliberate leak to me. Since Persona 3 and Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth will have the same release window. I guess someone panicked wanted it out the way now.

It's clearly Sega pulling the strings. Atlus probably has no say in this? But who knows.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
damn some y'all are real salty at just the game pass thing.
I don't care that it's on GamePass, I will still buy it day 1 on PS5. But it is surprising to see that Atlus would choose to align themselves with a company that is being outsold by the 3DS and PS4 in Japan. Xbox must be paying a ton to get these deals, which doubly makes no sense because most Xbox gamers couldn't care less about this series. It feels like fruitless desperation to be included in the conversation

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Exactly. Persona has been mostly an exclusive for almost 3 decades. Yakuza for almost 2.
And people want to complain about FF7 Remake not coming to Xbox lol…

Nobody buys these on xbox so they have to put it on Gamepass

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I don't care that it's on GamePass, I will still buy it day 1 on PS5. But it is surprising to see that Atlus would choose to align themselves with a company that is being outsold by the 3DS and PS4 in Japan. Xbox must be paying a ton to get these deals, which doubly makes no sense because most Xbox gamers couldn't care less about this series. It feels like fruitless desperation to be included in the conversation

Persona is a niche franchise, no one is in a wider conversation for having played it lol.

MS doing well for their install base, god bless 'em.

And those not in the eco-system also have the game, just at $60.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Agree

Microsoft tried the same with Square Enix and Mistwalker during the 360 days.

Failed miserably.

Sega never learns.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The fact that you are going to buy it day 1 on PS5 regardless is exactly why they chose to take whatever money they can get to release on Gamepass.

I'll just use this as an opportunity to pay a lot less to play the game.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
They are making more money on xbox than they would otherwise. Really not surprising. If Phil is willing to pay. Don't blame them

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
The fact that you are going to buy it day 1 on PS5 regardless is exactly why they chose to take whatever money they can get to release on Gamepass.

I'll just use this as an opportunity to pay a lot less to play the game.
It's just business end of the day, I will always support great games, its the only way we get more.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
They are making more money on xbox than they would otherwise. Really not surprising. If Phil is willing to pay. Don't blame them
I don't blame them at all, GamePass deals are the only way for games to make money on that platform so I don't knock any dev/publisher for doing it, all I'm saying it's surprising to see but times are changing I guess.