Persona 3 Remake and Persona 5 Tatica Leaked. Coming Day one on Xbox Game Pass.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m not as interested in the tactics release as I hoped I would’ve been when first clicking on that trailer.

Are we expecting a Persona 6 or console SMT anytime soon?

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I don't blame them at all, GamePass deals are the only way for games to make money on that platform so I don't knock any dev/publisher for doing it, all I'm saying it's surprising to see but times are changing I guess.
Not really. They won't be able to afford forever. At some point they will have to see returns. I bet this is pretty much the last push fir xbox. If their numbers don't grow its over

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It's just business end of the day, I will always support great games, its the only way we get more.
The only way you get more games going to Gamepass and less sales. Then eventually they'll use the low sales to justify focusing on mobile or some sort of GaaS.

Reactions: Muddasar

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Not really. They won't be able to afford forever. At some point they will have to see returns. I bet this is pretty much the last push fir xbox. If their numbers don't grow its over

Persona 5 along with Monster Hunter Rising was one of the stronger releases for gamepass in the last year. Their performance far outdid Redfall and Hifi Rush with longer hangtime and better placement in the XBL top 50.

Gamepass may not be sustainable but it’s no surprise Microsoft will keep giving handouts to Sega/Atlus for more Yakuza and Persona. Otherwise there would be no reason for those games to even release on the platform.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
The Gamepass model does not incentivise good game creation. They are going to get the same fee regardless of the quality or popularity

Reactions: arvfab

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
The Gamepass model does not incentivise good game creation. They are going to get the same fee regardless of the quality or popularity

Good thing you're not gonna play either of these Persona games then, you show 'em.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I’m concerned if these games hitting gamespass hurts their PlayStation sales performance because it’s possible we can just wait for it to hit the bargain bin further to make its appearance on Extra six months later….

Wait and see on that I suppose.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

3222tydxh.jpg

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Nice. More leaks like this and any hype around the Xbox showcase totally deflates.

Will pick them up on PlayStation.

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
If its exclusive then I'll just get it on pc no big deal. I'm surprised to see Sony not bag any of these games though. It seems their relationship soured with Sega over the years for some reason.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
If its exclusive then I'll just get it on pc no big deal. I'm surprised to see Sony not bag any of these games though. It seems their relationship soured with Sega over the years for some reason.
Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst don't care about Japan sadly, shut down Japan Studio, lost exclusivity to Kingdom Hearts, Yakuza, Persona, and Dragon Quest first time on Xbox under their watch.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst don't care about Japan sadly, shut down Japan Studio, lost exclusivity to Kingdom Hearts, Yakuza, Persona, and Dragon Quest first time on Xbox under their watch.
Dragon Quest was enjoying a very long exclusivity period on Nintendo platforms, actually. The last time it was exclusive to PlayStation was PS2.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Lol good luck to Atlus trying to be a successful JRPG on Xbox

They won't be getting my money anymore
Because it’s also coming on Xbox lol grow up or matter of fact you should join your friends at Twitter because that’s where all the bitter fanboys are at lol

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It's not exclusive. This is Xbox money hatting platform announcement. Sega is a snake but they aren't dumb. These games aren't gonna sell on Xbox hence Game Pass because it's the only way they can get these games on Xbox without financially hurting Sega and their image.

The fanbase isn't there on the platform. Game Pass is a way to hopefully reach people who wouldn't have bought it.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Not sure why this is even a big deal. It's not gonna shift systems. It's old games..Sony would be wasting time trying to lock this down. SEGA can't ignore Playstation at this point. Persona 6 on the other hand is the important one, let's see how that plays out.

24 Jun 2022
Nobody buys these on xbox so they have to put it on Gamepass

Basically.

I’m concerned if these games hitting gamespass hurts their PlayStation sales performance because it’s possible we can just wait for it to hit the bargain bin further to make its appearance on Extra six months later….

Wait and see on that I suppose.

Yes, this is going to be what to look for. I think the hardcore Persona fans on PS will buy the game Day 1 regardless; they pretty much already have a PS console, they are also probably FF fans hence why they would pick up a PS over an Xbox console-wise.

However if these Persona games, or if it turns out to be on Xbox Day 1, Persona 6, being Day 1 in Game Pass will probably give at least a few of the hardcore and a larger amount of the core & casual Persona fans pause in picking the games up Day 1 on PS, if they can either just play them for cheap in Game Pass or wait a while for them to eventually show up in PS+.

And that can not only hurt the franchise, but hurt MS's ability to negotiate future Persona deals for Game Pass because I think they count on high B2P sales on non Game Pass platforms to keep the costs for these deals on the lower side. And yes, I don't think MS are paying as much for these games as people think, partly because of expected baked-in sales on other platforms and also because of their seemingly strategic partnership with Sega through the Azure team which, quite evidently, has benefits for Xbox and Game Pass.

Though FWIW I don't think Sony is paying as much upfront for the FF games as people want to think, either, for comparable reasons (low B2P sales on Xbox, other incentives provided through Sony for the games, etc.).

The other side of this question though as always is, how big is the subset of the core & casual Persona market on PlayStation consoles willing to forgo buying Day 1 vs. leverage Game Pass for the game, or wait for them to show up in PS+, or wait for a sale? I think most of Persona's audience on PlayStation at this point are hardcore & core fans of the IP, since it's been on PlayStation for so many years.

But that doesn't make the number of newer casuals to the IP on the platform insignificant in number.

Reactions: arvfab