Persona 6 rumour (PS5 exclusive?)

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
I can see it happening. We will be 4 years into this generation and the cross gen period would have ended by then and Ps4 would barely be getting any games at that point. So it makes sense it Ps5 only. Not to mention the fact that Ps5 would be easy to buy as well

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sega said that they wanted to focus on multiplatform.

Some day it will be announced -maybe even in the showcase, even if I think isn't likely- but I'd bet won't be exclusive, I'd be it will be maximum a timed console exclusive.

MrRevocs1256

28 Apr 2023
Sega said that they wanted to focus on multiplatform.

Some day it will be announced -maybe even in the showcase, even if I think isn't likely- but I'd bet won't be exclusive, I'd be it will be maximum a timed console exclusive.
Since persona games take forever to make, they may have made the deal before Sega's Multiplatform approach

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Since persona games take forever to make, they may have made the deal before Sega's Multiplatform approach

I also think they already are going to have a lot of announcements in the showcase, and that Persona games would be a better fit for a TGS announcement specially considering Persona 6 would likely release at least late 2024.

I think that if there's a Sega announcement in the showcase it could be Jet Set Radio.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
All the Persona were exclusive and I hope this one too so it keeps that "prestige" and full marketing power of Playstation.

Like a dragon Ishin was a multiplatform release and it flopped on Steam. Same for Soul Hackers 2. Xbox are an extremely loud minority but they don't buy anything so they are irrelevant.

Ishin - random indies makes more than that, very low

Screenshot_20230522_204135_Samsung Internet.jpg

Soul Hackers 2 - massive flop. Day 1 on every platform didn't help at all.

Screenshot_20230522_204842_Samsung Internet.jpg

More platforms ≠ more players

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
People just make up anything and call themselves leakers or insiders, we need to stop giving them fuel. Because why would SEGA make it exclusive but then bring Persona 3, 4, and 5 to Xbox and Nintendo?

24 Jun 2022
I also think they already are going to have a lot of announcements in the showcase, and that Persona games would be a better fit for a TGS announcement specially considering Persona 6 would likely release at least late 2024.

I think that if there's a Sega announcement in the showcase it could be Jet Set Radio.

Why would an IP that has no historical presence on PlayStation get a remake announced at their showcase? Especially when Sony now have an IP of their own that's like a more modern take of Jet Set Radio, in Sunset Overdrive?

Even more than P3R, Jet Set Radio is the one that would make sense for Xbox Showcase in terms of announcements. As for P6 exclusivity, I would bet on it being at least as long as SMT 5 has been exclusive to Switch, which is going on two years now at this rate. So it could be around 2026 before it goes to at least other consoles (there's a chance it could go to PC sooner that that, or even Day 1. No way to say for certain).

People just make up anything and call themselves leakers or insiders, we need to stop giving them fuel. Because why would SEGA make it exclusive but then bring Persona 3, 4, and 5 to Xbox and Nintendo?

Same reason Square-Enix brought Crisis Core to Xbox but FF XVI and FF VII are PS console exclusives. It's a sort of waterfall approach; the majority of the fanbase is on PlayStation, including virtually all the hardcore fans. So they'll shell out Day 1 and in the launch phase for the game.

Xbox and Nintendo players don't have a fanbase for the IP to that same size, nor as many whales, so those platforms would get them later.

All the Persona were exclusive and I hope this one too so it keeps that "prestige" and full marketing power of Playstation.

Like a dragon Ishin was a multiplatform release and it flopped on Steam. Same for Soul Hackers 2. Xbox are an extremely loud minority but they don't buy anything so they are irrelevant.

Ishin - random indies makes more than that, very low

View attachment 1430

Soul Hackers 2 - massive flop. Day 1 on every platform didn't help at all.

View attachment 1431

More platforms ≠ more players

I feel that's something Microsoft has been learning the hard way with Game Pass. Xbox consoles, PC (with at least 130 million considering that's how many Steam accounts exist), tablets, smart TVs and mobile, but only 25 - 30 million subscribers at current between billions of devices with access.

And similar can be said with games. Certain games just have the majority of their fanbases on a specific platform, and bringing them to more platforms doesn't suddenly mean you double or triple your customer base. Lackluster FF XIII and XV sales on Xbox consoles is a good example of this.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Why would an IP that has no historical presence on PlayStation get a remake announced at their showcase? Especially when Sony now have an IP of their own that's like a more modern take of Jet Set Radio, in Sunset Overdrive?
Because the showcase is about games coming to PS, not about games with an historical presence on PS. It would cause a bigger surprise to see it here than in MS, as happened with games like Shenmue III. Sunset Overdrive is very different. Sega would choose the showcase because they'll sell more on PS.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
and Nintendo players don't have a fanbase for the IP to that same size, nor as many whales, so those platforms would get them later.
Such an L take to even mention Nintendo or even put Nintendo next to Xbox. I think you mean Xbox has the lowest common denominator when it comes to sales in Japanese games that like Persona or Final Fantasy. If that were the case they would have never made Octopath 2 for only Nintendo and PlayStation. The only reason why you don’t see these types of games on Xbox is basically what you just explained but for Xbox only, not Nintendo. Get it straight. Also before you say anything dumb keep in mind if Nintendo made a decent console I assure you that FF 16 would 100% be on Nintendo consoles.

Edit: and the fact you mentioned that Nintendo has a low fanbase is just incredibly ignorant. When Nintendo has surpassed sales of 100 million units so don’t sit there with your sticky fingers typing up that Nintendo has low fanbase lol 😂

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Day one take my money I don’t even need to see it.

Had a love/hate relationship with p5. Won’t go back to play older games but im definitely in for whatever is next.

24 Jun 2022
Because the showcase is about games coming to PS, not about games with an historical presence on PS. It would cause a bigger surprise to see it here than in MS, as happened with games like Shenmue III. Sunset Overdrive is very different. Sega would choose the showcase because they'll sell more on PS.

It's more a mix of both. I think after the KOTOR Remake event, Microsoft would want to prioritize getting 3P premiers of games with a legacy on their older platforms a bit more seriously, and they have a good working relationship with Sega. They also know it'd be a good win for the fanbase to have Jet Set Radio Remake premier at their showcase, and honestly they need it a LOT more than Sony does.

So for those reasons I'd say it makes more sense if Microsoft got the premier rights to Jet Set Radio Remake. That's what I think makes more sense; not saying it will go down that way, but if they were smart they'd try to make that happen. Even if the game ends up selling more on PlayStation, that doesn't necessarily matter; it's about using the game to bolster the platform's presence with bigger 3P titles and doing a solid for a fanbase that's fracturing and in some cases at the brink of their limits in terms of patience.

Such an L take to even mention Nintendo or even put Nintendo next to Xbox. I think you mean Xbox has the lowest common denominator when it comes to sales in Japanese games that like Persona or Final Fantasy. If that were the case they would have never made Octopath 2 for only Nintendo and PlayStation. The only reason why you don’t see these types of games on Xbox is basically what you just explained but for Xbox only, not Nintendo. Get it straight. Also before you say anything dumb keep in mind if Nintendo made a decent console I assure you that FF 16 would 100% be on Nintendo consoles.

Well Nintendo isn't in the business of making decently powerful consoles anymore, are they? So while they'll continue to get pixel remasters and remasters of other older games, and maybe offshoots like Crystal Chronicles and whatnot, they won't be getting the new mainline games without some heavy adjustments.

And yes, it's perfectly fair to say for a game like Final Fantasy, there is a lot more of the fanbase on PlayStation than Nintendo. The main games haven't been associated with Nintendo platforms since the Final Fantasy 6, that was all the way back in the mid-90s. It's been decades since. Granted also yes there is more of a fanbase for FF on Nintendo than on Xbox, by a considerable margin.

And no, the reason the games like Final Fantasy don't come to Xbox isn't because of staggered releases. It's because the fanbase simply isn't as interested in the games. FF XIII was Day 1 on both PS3 and 360, yet despite 360's market advantages at the time, it sold more on PS3, and that was in every territory. Same with FF XV, which was also Day 1 on both PS4 and XBO, this time Xbox with much less of the sales ratio.

Phil Spencer said no one single game can reverse their fortunes and get them to outsell PlayStation. That's true. Well it's also true that no one single game can suddenly galvanize a fanbase to take to it or its genre en masse, and Square-Enix know that when it comes to Final Fantasy on Xbox. They have the data. Two big releases in two console generations that were Day 1 on Xbox, but the audience wasn't there. Just like how it wasn't there for Blue Dragon, or Lost Odyssey, or even really there for Persona 5 Royal going by its placing in the Game Pass charts.

Just face it: there isn't a big market for JRPGs on Xbox platforms and that's perfectly fine. There's not a huge market for strategy games on PlayStation, or FPS games on Switch. No platform has a full tap on every single genre out there, for Xbox one of those happens to be JRPGs. But, they're good on WRPGs and will be flush with them in the coming years, so it's a bit of balance with a trade-off.

Edit: and the fact you mentioned that Nintendo has a low fanbase is just incredibly ignorant. When Nintendo has surpassed sales of 100 million units so don’t sit there with your sticky fingers typing up that Nintendo has low fanbase lol 😂

I said Nintendo has a lower fanbase for Final Fantasy than PlayStation, and that's 100% correct. I'm not talking about console sales here, console sales do not correlate to an equivalent fanbase size for a given genre or IP. Nintendo and PlayStation sell around the same amount of gaming hardware yet Sonic games do a lot more on Nintendo platforms than PlayStation ones, for example.

And it's easy to figure out why: fanbase nostalgia, mascot platformer, legacy with Mario going back to the '90s, and Nintendo fanbase basically adopting Sonic as a surrogate member of the Nintendo family (multiple Sonic games on Nintendo systems, Sonic in Smash Bros legacy, etc.).

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
It's more a mix of both. I think after the KOTOR Remake event, Microsoft would want to prioritize getting 3P premiers of games with a legacy on their older platforms a bit more seriously, and they have a good working relationship with Sega. They also know it'd be a good win for the fanbase to have Jet Set Radio Remake premier at their showcase, and honestly they need it a LOT more than Sony does.

So for those reasons I'd say it makes more sense if Microsoft got the premier rights to Jet Set Radio Remake. That's what I think makes more sense; not saying it will go down that way, but if they were smart they'd try to make that happen. Even if the game ends up selling more on PlayStation, that doesn't necessarily matter; it's about using the game to bolster the platform's presence with bigger 3P titles and doing a solid for a fanbase that's fracturing and in some cases at the brink of their limits in terms of patience.

Well Nintendo isn't in the business of making decently powerful consoles anymore, are they? So while they'll continue to get pixel remasters and remasters of other older games, and maybe offshoots like Crystal Chronicles and whatnot, they won't be getting the new mainline games without some heavy adjustments.

And yes, it's perfectly fair to say for a game like Final Fantasy, there is a lot more of the fanbase on PlayStation than Nintendo. The main games haven't been associated with Nintendo platforms since the Final Fantasy 6, that was all the way back in the mid-90s. It's been decades since. Granted also yes there is more of a fanbase for FF on Nintendo than on Xbox, by a considerable margin.

And no, the reason the games like Final Fantasy don't come to Xbox isn't because of staggered releases. It's because the fanbase simply isn't as interested in the games. FF XIII was Day 1 on both PS3 and 360, yet despite 360's market advantages at the time, it sold more on PS3, and that was in every territory. Same with FF XV, which was also Day 1 on both PS4 and XBO, this time Xbox with much less of the sales ratio.

Phil Spencer said no one single game can reverse their fortunes and get them to outsell PlayStation. That's true. Well it's also true that no one single game can suddenly galvanize a fanbase to take to it or its genre en masse, and Square-Enix know that when it comes to Final Fantasy on Xbox. They have the data. Two big releases in two console generations that were Day 1 on Xbox, but the audience wasn't there. Just like how it wasn't there for Blue Dragon, or Lost Odyssey, or even really there for Persona 5 Royal going by its placing in the Game Pass charts.

Just face it: there isn't a big market for JRPGs on Xbox platforms and that's perfectly fine. There's not a huge market for strategy games on PlayStation, or FPS games on Switch. No platform has a full tap on every single genre out there, for Xbox one of those happens to be JRPGs. But, they're good on WRPGs and will be flush with them in the coming years, so it's a bit of balance with a trade-off.

I said Nintendo has a lower fanbase for Final Fantasy than PlayStation, and that's 100% correct. I'm not talking about console sales here, console sales do not correlate to an equivalent fanbase size for a given genre or IP. Nintendo and PlayStation sell around the same amount of gaming hardware yet Sonic games do a lot more on Nintendo platforms than PlayStation ones, for example.

And it's easy to figure out why: fanbase nostalgia, mascot platformer, legacy with Mario going back to the '90s, and Nintendo fanbase basically adopting Sonic as a surrogate member of the Nintendo family (multiple Sonic games on Nintendo systems, Sonic in Smash Bros legacy, etc.).
Still an L take lol 😂

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

I think MS has only a few 3P games to appeal their legacy fans, so if I was them I'd push hard to get them in the MS showcase. Jet Set Radio would be one, and the Splinter Cell remake whatever year is ready too.

The thing is, both 3P would prefer to appear in the PS Showcase instead because will have a gazillion more views than the Xbox Showcase and because they'll sell way more in PS than in Xbox.

The thing is that these games will be multi, Sony has a gazillion more 1st and 3rd party exclusives to market than MS, so has less space in their event for 2nd tier 3P games. The question is, would Sony want use them as fillers or are they going to already have these slots spent with other games?

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
That's all you've got? Well that's certainly one way to concede you've had your talking points knocked down, I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️😂
Yeah lol it's a fucking L take, I already said what I wanted to say. What a clown of course it's a fanboy saying that. That PLAYSTATION IS KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - When in reality they are not. Like stfu

24 Jun 2022
Yeah lol it's a fucking L take, I already said what I wanted to say. What a clown of course it's a fanboy saying that. That PLAYSTATION IS KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - When in reality they are not. Like stfu

Well dang you fell apart like a house of cards huh? Don't worry fix you back up after the PS Showcase tomorrow.

For you to assume factual reasonings why most of the fanbase for a certain IP are on a platform that happens to be PlayStation, and turn that into some console war stuff, is hilarious mental gymnastics. I could name a laundry list of things PlayStation are curb-stomping Xbox and Nintendo at, and a few things Nintendo's beating PlayStation at, but there's very little I can realistically point to and say Xbox is beating PlayStation or Nintendo in, especially when it comes to metrics that matter and translate most to actual brand perception, mindshare and market presence.

Its not MY fault that's what it is, but I don't sniff up everything PlayStation does as a positive, either. I've criticized weaknesses of theirs, too. You simply have a problem accepting the fact that even amid those, they're clearly in a better spot than Xbox is almost all-around, and Nintendo in a good number of areas, on the whole. You don't see PlayStation or Nintendo executives giving controlled apology interviews on gaming podcasts days after their "one more thing" releases to be an absolute dud.

I think MS has only a few 3P games to appeal their legacy fans, so if I was them I'd push hard to get them in the MS showcase. Jet Set Radio would be one, and the Splinter Cell remake whatever year is ready too.

The thing is, both 3P would prefer to appear in the PS Showcase instead because will have a gazillion more views than the Xbox Showcase and because they'll sell way more in PS than in Xbox.

The thing is that these games will be multi, Sony has a gazillion more 1st and 3rd party exclusives to market than MS, so has less space in their event for 2nd tier 3P games. The question is, would Sony want use them as fillers or are they going to already have these slots spent with other games?

Well ultimately that is the question I suppose; IJS even with the reality of the things you point out, it wouldn't hurt Microsoft to try and secure premiers for games they know have a strong legacy on their systems.

Just the appearance of trying in that respect would be appreciated, and I think Sega is one of the few publishers potentially willing to throw them bones like P3R and Jet Set Radio remake for premiers or even marketing rights, since they have a strategic partnership with Azure team that the Xbox division helped set up. Which therein obviously suggests they get some backend perks with Sega and we've seen some of that already.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well dang you fell apart like a house of cards huh? Don't worry fix you back up after the PS Showcase tomorrow.

For you to assume factual reasonings why most of the fanbase for a certain IP are on a platform that happens to be PlayStation, and turn that into some console war stuff, is hilarious mental gymnastics. I could name a laundry list of things PlayStation are curb-stomping Xbox and Nintendo at, and a few things Nintendo's beating PlayStation at, but there's very little I can realistically point to and say Xbox is beating PlayStation or Nintendo in, especially when it comes to metrics that matter and translate most to actual brand perception, mindshare and market presence.

Its not MY fault that's what it is, but I don't sniff up everything PlayStation does as a positive, either. I've criticized weaknesses of theirs, too. You simply have a problem accepting the fact that even amid those, they're clearly in a better spot than Xbox is almost all-around, and Nintendo in a good number of areas, on the whole. You don't see PlayStation or Nintendo executives giving controlled apology interviews on gaming podcasts days after their "one more thing" releases to be an absolute dud.

Well ultimately that is the question I suppose; IJS even with the reality of the things you point out, it wouldn't hurt Microsoft to try and secure premiers for games they know have a strong legacy on their systems.

Just the appearance of trying in that respect would be appreciated, and I think Sega is one of the few publishers potentially willing to throw them bones like P3R and Jet Set Radio remake for premiers or even marketing rights, since they have a strategic partnership with Azure team that the Xbox division helped set up. Which therein obviously suggests they get some backend perks with Sega and we've seen some of that already.
I assume it will depend if Sony already have their slots busy with better/more popular/more prioritary games. If Sony has some space, Sega will prefer to give them to Sony. If Sony have the slots busy, then I assume MS will pay for their marketing.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
dikembe-mutombo-swat.gif