Persona 6 rumour (PS5 exclusive?)

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
dikembe-mutombo-swat.gif

Phil definitely went to Sega and dropped a lot of cash to ensure that Persona doesn't exclude Xbox in the future.

Would not be surprised to see this game announced at an Xbox show and follow the same Xbox marketing strategy as the rereleases of P3P, P4G, P5R of a few days where there's no mention of any other platforms than Xbox and Win10.. and then the rest of the platforms get an announcement.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Phil definitely went to Sega and dropped a lot of cash to ensure that Persona doesn't exclude Xbox in the future.

Would not be surprised to see this game announced at an Xbox show and follow the same Xbox marketing strategy as the rereleases of P3P, P4G, P5R of a few days where there's no mention of any other platforms than Xbox and Win10.. and then the rest of the platforms get an announcement.
They are still not allowed to advertise the PlayStation and Nintendo versions on the Sega or Atlus channel for Yakuza, Persona and Re Fantazio. Only Xbox and the views are terrible.

Sega killed any momentum for their flagship series for a MS check. Xbox only marketing killed any interest or sales potential. The same will happen to Persona 6.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

That tweet is from spheshal nick….

Dog Talking GIF

24 Jun 2022

If that happens (and given the history of questionable business decisions from Sega since, well, since the early '90s), then the IP is as good as dead on non-Xbox platforms. If there's one company aside from Microsoft that knows how to take their customer base for granted and screw them over multiple times into oblivion, it's Sega.

They are still not allowed to advertise the PlayStation and Nintendo versions on the Sega or Atlus channel for Yakuza, Persona and Re Fantazio. Only Xbox and the views are terrible.

Sega killed any momentum for their flagship series for a MS check. Xbox only marketing killed any interest or sales potential. The same will happen to Persona 6.

Basically this. For these types of companies, it's the customers who buy your games who are your most important money-people. They're the reason you're valuated in draw in shareholders & investors in the first place. But too easily, these game publishers seem to be forgetting that, and in some cases they pay a massive price.

I think MS's partnership with Sega in the OG Xbox days was better. That resulted in actual exclusives, and with games that for the most part had no audience on other consoles besides Sega's own. So it didn't involve misleading exclusivity marketing embargos to trick people into thinking otherwise multiplat games were exclusive to their own console.

Unless MS actually have a marketing deal with Sega on these games. In which case, they should be more transparent and forthcoming, but they probably don't want to look like hypocrites.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
After Persona 3, 4 and 5 I think this series need a big change in the formula. Older protagonists and a more serious story would be much better.

I never played Persona 2 but I think it was not set in high school.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
After Persona 3, 4 and 5 I think this series need a big change in the formula. Older protagonists and a more serious story would be much better.

It will never happen. This game is heavily catered towards the Japanese audience, younger protagonists and less serious stories is what they love.

One of the reasons why I have no interests in it. I stopped playing persona 5 after a a few agannozing hours trying to like it.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Persona 1 and 2 felt more dark and I loved them.
But after Persona 5 reviews they dont need a big change Or wont get one

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Persona 1 and 2 felt more dark and I loved them.
But after Persona 5 reviews they dont need a big change Or wont get one
Maybe it was because it was my first time playing them and I didn't have any reference but Persona 3 and 4 had a very mysterious vibe that I feel was just lost by the time I got to PS5. I realize that PS5 was trying to do the same thing again but it doesn't work as well as the first few times.

PS5 above anything was too bloated but people liked it more that way I guess.

Reactions: Kokoloko
24 Jun 2022

Yep, Persona 2 was with college students. The only Persona game to do so, and I think that benefited the story a lot. I've only played some of Eternal Punishment though, not Innocent Sin.

Part of the reason these newer ones don't appeal to me is because of the high school setting. I don't have any lingering to relive my high school years and don't feel a need to try pretending I was popular back then through a video game. I'd much rather play SMT 5 but currently it's Switch-only and I can't justify playing it at sub-30 FPS on that system.

It will never happen. This game is heavily catered towards the Japanese audience, younger protagonists and less serious stories is what they love.

One of the reasons why I have no interests in it. I stopped playing persona 5 after a a few agannozing hours trying to like it.

Catered to Japanese audiences yet all current marketing for P3 Remake tied to Xbox. You can't make this up 🤣

At this point I can believe it. Wasn't P6 supposed to already be on the way, or release earlier?

Seems like a FF XIII situation where the game gets delayed on PS5 so that Atlus can make an Xbox version ready for Day 1, thanks to $3 trillion mega-conglomerate Microsoft's money.

Reactions: Kokoloko and Johnic
24 Jun 2022
These games catering to the Japanese market is exactly the point. MS wants to get back in there. It won't happen over night but these deals/partnerships accumulate over time. MS had a pretty good relationship with Japan during the 360 era. It can happen again and Sony's letting it happen.

Yep. That's the long-term strategy and it doesn't seem like Sony have any interest in securing that type of content.

But hey a few Dark Souls inspired games from unproven devs not coming out for several years (and Day 1 on PC anyway when that happens) supposedly more than makes up for it.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
These games catering to the Japanese market is exactly the point. MS wants to get back in there. It won't happen over night but these deals/partnerships accumulate over time. MS had a pretty good relationship with Japan during the 360 era. It can happen again and Sony's letting it happen.

What exactly can happen again? They’ve been trying since the 360. Even then they only sold a couple million.

These so called deals are just talking points. They won’t amount to anything.

Nintendo owns Japan.

Reactions: JAHGamer

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I don't think you understand the Japanese market at all.

Maybe @Bodycount611 can let us know how much Japan cares about Xbox.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yep. That's the long-term strategy and it doesn't seem like Sony have any interest in securing that type of content.

But hey a few Dark Souls inspired games from unproven devs not coming out for several years (and Day 1 on PC anyway when that happens) supposedly more than makes up for it.
What have they secured that will make them relevant in Japan over playstation?

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
I don't think you understand the Japanese market at all.

Maybe @Bodycount611 can let us know how much Japan cares about Xbox.

I don’t know what’s going with people.

One hint of MS doing something and motherfuckers go crazy. lmao.

None of what they’re doing, excuse me, trying to do in Japan means anything.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I don’t know what’s going with people.

One hint of MS doing something and motherfuckers go crazy. lmao.

None of what they’re doing, excuse me, trying to do in Japan means anything.
They hang around Xbox shills and listened to their rubbish. Alot of their talking points are from these shills, hillarously they don't know that they are parroting those shills.

• Informative
Reactions: On Demand