Phantom Blade Zero Developer on Xbox Version: ' No one needs this platform ' | Update: Devs Make Official Statement

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
LMAO, like all the other games, amirite?
Which one of the twitter users are you? You've definitely gotten your feelings hurt.

Also, bye.

Is piracy not an issue on PC anymore? I know it's only anecdotal but my PC-loving friends would rarely buy a single-player game at full price, despite spending like $2.5K to build a rig.

Reactions: Shadow2027

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Is piracy not an issue on PC anymore? I know it's only anecdotal but my PC-loving friends would rarely buy a single-player game at full price, despite spending like $2.5K to build a rig.
It's still a big problem.

Reactions: Entropi

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Piracy is big. None of my coworkers is buying pc games. They pirate everything.
I have only 1 real gaming buddy who buys his games and so on

• fire

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I blame @Bryank75
Fuck you @Bryank75 for learning Portugeuse and creating a Brazilian avatar of a games journalist just so in the future he could release an article shitting on Xbox, and then have a thread open based on the article.

All hail Jizz Condom for his unbiased journalism. He obviously reached out rather than insult the devs directly on Twitter.

I'm adding this /s in case anyone thinks this is legitimate

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Eh fake news:

Granjinhaa

Unless you find the original source, i would not believe that.

Edit: there is no source for that quote lol its made up

Seems people found the source of the news. Tencent News source. 03 August, 00:00 GMT+8. Not sure why they didn't credit it.

"No one shows any interest in Xbox. - "无人问津.", Some online translators translate it as 'No one needs it', probably where they got the quote from.

MS markets themselves you don't need a Xbox? Also @John Elden Ring You got credited at InsiderGaming ^^

I saw it, pretty nice on their part.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Seems people found the source of the news. Tencent News source. 03 August, 00:00 GMT+8. Not sure why they didn't credit it.

"No one shows any interest in Xbox. - "无人问津.", Some online translators translate it as 'No one needs it', probably where they got the quote from.

I wonder is it Google translate from Chinese to Portuguese. Then the article was translated again.

Google translate isn't wrong though.

Nydius

26 Jun 2024
Xbox shills can try to discredit the source or the content all they want, they can't discredit the truth. Xbox is pointless to develop for unless you're getting moneyhatted by Microsoft to put your game on Game Pass day one. Outside of the US and the UK, Xbox simply doesn't exist and it barely exists in the US and UK, being well behind PlayStation in overall sales. The Series S|X is poised to be Xbox's worst selling console since the original Xbox launch. People don't even want to buy the budget model.

Developers have to determine their return on investment for their development time spent. Porting to Xbox, where even their most ardent users have now become conditioned to expect games "free" on their Game Pass sub, is a waste of time and money they'll never recover.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Yes, that makes much more sense. I knew they wouldn't have said something like "no one needs it". The more apt translation would be, "we haven't had anyone ask for it[xbox]"

• they're_right_you_know

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Lol the comments under the tweet

Jen from Xbox Era seeing major outlets now reporting on the story:
Angry How Dare You GIF

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Xbox shills can try to discredit the source or the content all they want, they can't discredit the truth. Xbox is pointless to develop for unless you're getting moneyhatted by Microsoft to put your game on Game Pass day one. Outside of the US and the UK, Xbox simply doesn't exist and it barely exists in the US and UK, being well behind PlayStation in overall sales. The Series S|X is poised to be Xbox's worst selling console since the original Xbox launch. People don't even want to buy the budget model.

Developers have to determine their return on investment for their development time spent. Porting to Xbox, where even their most ardent users have now become conditioned to expect games "free" on their Game Pass sub, is a waste of time and money they'll never recover.

It's clear to me (sadly) that Phil Spencer wants to get rid of the console to focus on the Xbox Brand as a gaming service.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
It's clear to me (sadly) that Phil Spencer wants to get rid of the console to focus on the Xbox Brand as a gaming service.
I think you need to give Phil Spencer more time. He has only been in the top job for a decade and needs more time.

It's all Don Mattrick's fault

• haha
Reactions: Dr Bass

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
I don't understand some of the comments. Isn't the latest marketing for Xbox that you don't need a console to play Xbox games? And weren't there already reports from reputable journalists at GDC that some developers/publishers see little point in porting games to this platform? Why is that now a reason to insult developers who, due to the market in Asia, now have even less reason to invest money and work in a port that will also run on bad hardware like the Series S.

For over a decade, I have been criticizing the Xbox team and Phil Spencer for decisions that have turned a good platform with good IPs into a completely irrelevant brand. Even MS has recognized this, otherwise they wouldn't port their games.