Phantom Blade Zero Developer on Xbox Version: ' No one needs this platform ' | Update: Devs Make Official Statement

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
The percentage of development studios that accept a payday is minimal compared to those who don't and the reason why they do it is simple, they're not a massive 500 person team and best to focus on one platform at a time or two if you include PC because the games are developed on PC's so that makes sense and is why PC gets everything. If a small development team can get a Game Pass/PlayStation Plus deal, why shouldn't they? I hate timed exclusivity and I would rather see Microsoft/Sony pay for day one games for their respective subscription service but I understand why they all do it. If anything, for smaller development studios and games, it's a positive because being a smaller game and having two or more launches is the smarter decision because you can get more hype for the game since people may have missed it the first time or obviously, couldn't play it. For massive games like Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy, timed exclusivity is stupid because for big massive IP's, you want to grow the IP as opposed to stagnating it for a console that has an expiration date which all of them do while the IP doesn't. As for Fragpunk, give it like 6 months and it will be on PlayStation 5. Same for Phantom Zero. Give them 6 months. They're both going to release on the other console.
Phantom Bkade Zero will never come to Xbox, and Microsoft should be called out for making a ftp game exclusive. Phil Spencer was buying exclusives at the same time he was port begging Helldivers 2. Beyond disgusting.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
wdym, they did deny it.

"We want to clarify that these claimed statements do not represent S-GAME’s values or culture, as we believe in making our game accessible to everyone and have not ruled out any platforms for Phantom Blade Zero."
They didn't call the statement false because a member of the team likely said it and some outlet might have a recording of it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
wdym, they did deny it.

"We want to clarify that these claimed statements do not represent S-GAME’s values or culture, as we believe in making our game accessible to everyone and have not ruled out any platforms for Phantom Blade Zero."
That is not denying it… it just telling you whatever employee said it was his own option not the company 🤷‍♂️

It basically confirms somebody said it.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Tudo bem?

Quer vem pra o churrasco no sabado?
Muito cerveja!
I'm going to learn Swahili so I can write articles shitting on Xbox for IGN: Swahili

The Man Reaction GIF by ION Mystery

YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

• Cerny
Reactions: Bryank75

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They didn't call the statement false because a member of the team likely said it and some outlet might have a recording of it.
That is not denying it… it just telling you whatever employee said it was his own option not the company 🤷‍♂️

It basically confirms somebody said it.
S-GAME can't deny the statement because doesn't know if any of their workers really said it.

S-GAME said that it doesn't represent their values (normal PR statement, a company can't throw shit to other ones, specially who could be potential partners in the future) and the important part: that they "have not ruled out any platforms for Phantom Blade Zero".

Which doesn't imply that they will ever port it to Xbox, but means that at least didn't rule it out.

Reactions: Impulse and ethomaz

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Phantom Bkade Zero will never come to Xbox, and Microsoft should be called out for making a ftp game exclusive. Phil Spencer was buying exclusives at the same time he was port begging Helldivers 2. Beyond disgusting.

We'll see about Phantom Blade Zero. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Not my decision to make. Spencer might have been port begging but then again, Sony was crying about Microsoft buying ABK/Bethesda when they were doing their own exclusivity bullshit. Both companies are going to do what they want to do and that's it. I own both consoles so none of the exclusivity affects me either way but I would prefer a Game Pass/PlayStation Plus day one deal as opposed to timed exclusivity because that just doesn't benefit me whatsoever.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
We'll see about Phantom Blade Zero. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Not my decision to make. Spencer might have been port begging but then again, Sony was crying about Microsoft buying ABK/Bethesda when they were doing their own exclusivity bullshit. Both companies are going to do what they want to do and that's it. I own both consoles so none of the exclusivity affects me either way but I would prefer a Game Pass/PlayStation Plus day one deal as opposed to timed exclusivity because that just doesn't benefit me whatsoever.
If you have both platforms it makes no difference, only games you will miss are PC exclusives.

Reactions: peter42O

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
I own both consoles so none of the exclusivity affects me either way but I would prefer a Game Pass/PlayStation Plus day one deal as opposed to timed exclusivity because that just doesn't benefit me whatsoever.
You do realize by what you just said here that you are a big part of the problem on why Xbox doesn't get games like this or why our gaming industries buisness model is so messed up right?

Reactions: Shadow2027

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Xbox spend billions to buy publishers like activision blizzard, bethesda etc to starve playstation and nintendo from third party support only to get kicked by other game developer

Lifetime Movies Karma GIF by Lifetime

Happy The Joker GIF by Johnny Slicks

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
You do realize by what you just said here that you are a big part of the problem on why Xbox doesn't get games like this or why our gaming industries buisness model is so messed up right?

The games Xbox doesn't get are niche titles that even PlayStation fanboys don't buy. In other words, no big loss. Seriously, when an Assassin's Creed or GTA skips Xbox, then they have problems but until that day, nah. As for the business model, it's 2024, NOT 2005. People need to get over the old school mentality of 20 and 30 years because unless you're Nintendo, it doesn't work anymore. Sony IS a third party publisher just like Microsoft. Both are changing, only difference is that Microsoft is years ahead like they always are. The only company that will forever stay old school is Nintendo which let's be honest, even if Sony and/or Microsoft were to release all of their first party games day one on the opposing console, ponies and xbots aren't going anywhere because Nintendo isn't giving ponies or xbots what they want game wise.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The games Xbox doesn't get are niche titles that even PlayStation fanboys don't buy. In other words, no big loss. Seriously, when an Assassin's Creed or GTA skips Xbox, then they have problems but until that day, nah. As for the business model, it's 2024, NOT 2005. People need to get over the old school mentality of 20 and 30 years because unless you're Nintendo, it doesn't work anymore. Sony IS a third party publisher just like Microsoft. Both are changing, only difference is that Microsoft is years ahead like they always are. The only company that will forever stay old school is Nintendo which let's be honest, even if Sony and/or Microsoft were to release all of their first party games day one on the opposing console, ponies and xbots aren't going anywhere because Nintendo isn't giving ponies or xbots what they want game wise.
One tiny little bit, where m$ are years ahead?

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
One tiny little bit, where m$ are years ahead?

Pretty much everything. What they want to do is pretty much years ahead of what actually happens even if people dislike/disagree with it. Look at Xbox Live, they told and showed you where gaming is going. The biggest games ARE the online multi-player games. They showed you that digital would take over. It's around 85% excluding micro-transactions, dlc, etc. which are digital only. They showed you how the vast majority of consumers are going play and how they play. Streaming is still a ways out because the tech isn't there in a lot of regions but eventually, it is how everyone will be playing games including PlayStation fans because it's where the industry will eventually go and the money the companies can make save and make is what they want. It's not a question of it but when. Even the third party stuff which also applies to Sony regardless of how anyone want to spin it is ahead of it's time especially when multiple regions will eventually end walled gardens for everyone and we both know that no company including Microsoft and Sony are going to avoid releasing their games in these regions and for what? To make fanboys happy while losing tens of millions of dollars if not hundreds? We both know they're not doing that. Microsoft is always thinking a decade ahead.

In failing as a console manufacturer?

Outside of the consoles, Microsoft is making a shit ton of revenue and profit which is all they care about. If the target for their next generation is let's say 30M minimum and they hit it which they will, they'll fine with that. Microsoft doesn't need to sell 100m+ consoles to be successful while making a shit ton of revenue and profit which again, is all they care about. Owning ABK pretty much guarantees that they're not going anywhere. As long as they have a console for me to buy, I will and even when the time comes that all consoles die out because in time, they all will, I'll either go to PC or stream the games. Either way, nothing is going to stop or prevent me from playing and enjoying the games that I want to play.