Phantom Blade Zero Developer on Xbox Version: ' No one needs this platform ' | Update: Devs Make Official Statement

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
I don't even know why the developers/ChinaJoy reps. even bother talking to these P.O.S. MILITANTS on Twitter, Reddit, etc.
The amount of slurs/racist comments thrown around by these butthurt Xbots is staggering, but not expected.

Why even cater to a crowd that never gave an F about the game in the first place, unless it was supposedly "exclusive" or, is a third-party that is being kept away from PS. Same with Japanese devs like Capcom, Square Enix, Bandai Namco, etc. They NEVER cared unless it was to be f***ing immature and say "ha, ha! We got a JP game taken away from you PONIES!".

... It's all so tiring.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I don't even know why the developers/ChinaJoy reps. even bother talking to these P.O.S. MILITANTS on Twitter, Reddit, etc.
The amount of slurs/racist comments thrown around by these butthurt Xbots is staggering, but not expected.

Why even cater to a crowd that never gave an F about the game in the first place, unless it was supposedly "exclusive" or, is a third-party that is being kept away from PS. Same with Japanese devs like Capcom, Square Enix, Bandai Namco, etc. They NEVER cared unless it was to be f***ing immature and say "ha, ha! We got a JP game taken away from you PONIES!".

... It's all so tiring.
Maybe Phil put a hit out on them lol

• Cerny
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I don’t understand when developers apologize to crazy Xbox fans who have no plans to buy their game—or any game, for that matter.

They know those crazy fanatics only shit post all day and don’t play games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me and Puff

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Game will release on PC and PlayStation 5 followed by the next generation Xbox console and depending on the specifications, Switch 2. Developers are not going to limit the audience for the game that they're developing. They want their game(s) to be available to as many consumers as possible in order to maximize the return on investment and gain as many fans as possible so they'll hopefully be interested in their next game.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
ngl I don't see how this is "bowing down to the bots" when they're clearly stating that the dev who was interviewed does not represent S-GAME's official opinion on the market. How you take that as bowing to console fanatics is baffling to me lmao
Hey. The fanboy is back. Lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Game will release on PC and PlayStation 5 followed by the next generation Xbox console and depending on the specifications, Switch 2. Developers are not going to limit the audience for the game that they're developing. They want their game(s) to be available to as many consumers as possible in order to maximize the return on investment and gain as many fans as possible so they'll hopefully be interested in their next game.
Then why did the Fragpunk devs take a bag of money from Microsoft to keep the game off PS5? Seems like devs make decisions that limit their audience all the time. In the case of the Phantom Zero devs, Microsoft made the choice to keep it off Xbox for them with the crap ecosystem ( if you don't get a Gamepass deal you're sol on Xbox).

Reactions: Shadow2027

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Then why did the Fragpunk devs take a bag of money from Microsoft to keep the game off PS5? Seems like devs make decisions that limit their audience all the time. In the case of the Phantom Zero devs, Microsoft made the choice to keep it off Xbox for them with the crap ecosystem ( if you don't get a Gamepass deal you're sol on Xbox).

The percentage of development studios that accept a payday is minimal compared to those who don't and the reason why they do it is simple, they're not a massive 500 person team and best to focus on one platform at a time or two if you include PC because the games are developed on PC's so that makes sense and is why PC gets everything. If a small development team can get a Game Pass/PlayStation Plus deal, why shouldn't they? I hate timed exclusivity and I would rather see Microsoft/Sony pay for day one games for their respective subscription service but I understand why they all do it. If anything, for smaller development studios and games, it's a positive because being a smaller game and having two or more launches is the smarter decision because you can get more hype for the game since people may have missed it the first time or obviously, couldn't play it. For massive games like Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy, timed exclusivity is stupid because for big massive IP's, you want to grow the IP as opposed to stagnating it for a console that has an expiration date which all of them do while the IP doesn't. As for Fragpunk, give it like 6 months and it will be on PlayStation 5. Same for Phantom Zero. Give them 6 months. They're both going to release on the other console.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
ngl I don't see how this is "bowing down to the bots" when they're clearly stating that the dev who was interviewed does not represent S-GAME's official opinion on the market. How you take that as bowing to console fanatics is baffling to me lmao
Because the Dev is telling the truth them saying they care about Xbox is bullshit because they know full well they'll get very few sales from the Xbox users & they'll just say they'll wait for it to hit gamepass

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
'next generation Xbox console' my man is smoking so serious hallucinogens if he thinks Microsoft are making a new console after the abysmal sales if the current consoles

Reactions: Puff

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I blame @Bryank75
Fuck you @Bryank75 for learning Portugeuse and creating a Brazilian avatar of a games journalist just so in the future he could release an article shitting on Xbox, and then have a thread open based on the article.

All hail Jizz Condom for his unbiased journalism. He obviously reached out rather than insult the devs directly on Twitter.

I'm adding this /s in case anyone thinks this is legitimate
Tudo bem?

Quer vem pra o churrasco no sabado?
Muito cerveja!

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Because the Dev is telling the truth them saying they care about Xbox is bullshit because they know full well they'll get very few sales from the Xbox users & they'll just say they'll wait for it to hit gamepass
okay but like, why choose to believe what the anonymous dev says rather than the company's official statement? It's just kind of odd, I mean, they would be lying to their potential fanbase if they said this and didn't do anything to release elsewhere, it makes sense to release on every platform to maximize potential return, regardless of gamepass cult, there are people who buy games, I never understood the reason for them shooting for gamepass so hard, the majority of the playerbase don't use it.

Reactions: Bryank75

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
So they didn’t deny it 😂😂😂

Pathetic just put the blame in the sole developer opinion and not the company.
wdym, they did deny it.

"We want to clarify that these claimed statements do not represent S-GAME’s values or culture, as we believe in making our game accessible to everyone and have not ruled out any platforms for Phantom Blade Zero."

Al Catone

Whiskers
Staff member
18 Jun 2024
Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Yeah, yeah, yeah, y'all keep laughing at this clearly fake article and fake quotes. But I know Jez Corden is making calls to find the truth behind it. He will get to the bottom of this!

And I bet it's Sony playing dirty (like they always do) doing slimy platform things, and taking choice away from players.

But there is a God who sees everything, and He is witness to all the hate and injustice Xbox and it's community have endured over the years.

Phil, Nadella, Sarah, Booty and Greenberg are building a stronger Xbox.... YOU JUST WAIT!!!
I yern for the day gaming becomes this political.