Phil Spencer hypocritically calls PlayStation “slimy” for paying publishers for exclusive content

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
The game I enjoyed most last year was Robocop from Teyon. It wasn't perfect (npc models, animation during cutscenes) and it was made by an "AA" studio with limited budget but HOLY SHIT did they nail it!

In my opinion they put big developers to shame. Used Unreal Engine 5, looked incredible, was a true tribute to the first 2 movies and had 0 monetization or other corporate bloat.

It was a lovesong and I enjoyed it like nothing else in the past 5 or so years. I was sad and happy at the same time. And yes if GTA6 fails, it'll be the E.T moment all over again and I honestly can't wait to be there when it happens.

It was corporate greed then and it will be the cause of an eventual collapse again.
Robocop is added to my list. I saw the demos for it and it looked great. I'm hoping they do a VR2 conversion because that would be bad arse.

I'll crack open a beer and watch R* and take two burn one another to the ground. If only people could learn to live on lentils.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Robocop is added to my list. I saw the demos for it and it looked great. I'm hoping they do a VR2 conversion because that would be bad arse.

I'll crack open a beer and watch R* and take two burn one another to the ground. If only people could learn to live on lentils.
Robocop is UE5 and can be turned into VR with PrayDogs Vr injector. ;)

Me if the gaming meltdown happens:
Happy Survivor GIF

• party
Reactions: xollowsob
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Good point, they have grown their influence to steer the future of games development a lot more.
We had Skyrim vr , doom vr , prey vr dlc, a call of duty vr demo (it wasn't proper cod it was in space with spaceships but still had the cod name) now we won't get anything vr from any of those studios because of Microsoft & people say they are innovators , they're literally killing innovation

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
“Ark 2 is one of the most anticipated upcoming PC games of 2024, but there's also a window of console exclusivity to consider. Ark 2 is a launch exclusive for Xbox Series X; Studio Wildcard announced this partnership with Microsoft Gaming alongside its reveal of the game.”

Someone ask this slimy man what about the games you pay for exclusivity?

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
“Ark 2 is one of the most anticipated upcoming PC games of 2024, but there's also a window of console exclusivity to consider. Ark 2 is a launch exclusive for Xbox Series X; Studio Wildcard announced this partnership with Microsoft Gaming alongside its reveal of the game.”

Someone ask this slimy man what about the games you pay for exclusivity?
He'd blame playstation

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
I just found out "PowerWash Simulator" is getting an exclusive level ONLY for Xbox (not even PC will get it).
We have regressed back to the 2000s where a single level/item is exclusive to one platform forever...

As I've said before, all 3 (Nintendo, PS and Xbox) have/still do this, but once again, the media isn't calling out Xbox/Microsoft for this slimy deal.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I just found out "PowerWash Simulator" is getting an exclusive level ONLY for Xbox (not even PC will get it).
We have regressed back to the 90's where a single level/item is exclusive to one platform forever...

As I've said before, all 3 (Nintendo, PS and Xbox) have/still do this, but once again, the media isn't calling out Xbox/Microsoft for this slimy deal.
Power wash simulator 🤣 dunno why people liked that so much I played it when it on ps plus & at first yeah it was satisfying but it gets tedious so fast

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me