Phil Spencer Speaks On CMA Blocking ABK in EXCLUSIVE interview /s

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m fucking dying… yo… when he said Halo Infinite didn’t have a real dev team but was in fact made by AI…. Buahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahhaa

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75
D

Deleted member 417

It's a pretty nice feature.
The speed that the PS5 loads games and changes between games makes quick resume almost pointless. This isn't a speedofthessd.meme, this is 100% genuine.

Plus, turn the damned console off! For the sake of 30 seconds it costs a fortune in electricity!

• haha
Reactions: Edmund and ghostz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's a pretty nice feature.
It is but…

You have two situations… games that take long time to load and back to exactly the same place you saved (or stopped to play if you have auto save).

And other that take you very few seconds (less than 2 seconds) for the exactly same task.

In the first situation QR feels amazing.
In the second situation QR doesn’t make any difference… to be fair loading a save will some times be faster than QR.

So QR is just a workaround for a today issue with games… future games won’t need it anymore and I guess at some point MS will drop it.

Plus for any type of online game QR is useless.

BTW Microsoft implementation of QR is a mess… it is a hit or miss and sometimes you want to disable it because it doesn’t workweek you really needs it works.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The speed that the PS5 loads games and changes between games makes quick resume almost pointless. This isn't a speedofthessd.meme, this is 100% genuine.

Plus, turn the damned console off! For the sake of 30 seconds it costs a fortune in electricity!
Come on guys. Quick resume literally starts the game within 3 seconds at the exact spot you left off. Not where you saved, simply where you turned off the console. PS5 loads into the menu, then you have to select continue to start off at the last checkpoint/save point. Pretty fast, but quick resume is faster

Credit where it's due. It's what Sony should have gone with instead of activity cards, which are developer dependant, unlike quick resume, which is baked into the system and works on most games (not all though).

Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

Come on guys. Quick resume literally starts the game within 3 seconds at the exact spot you left off. Not where you saved, simply where you turned off the console. PS5 loads into the menu, then you have to select continue to start off at the last checkpoint/save point. Pretty fast, but quick resume is faster

Credit where it's due. It's what Sony should have gone with instead of activity cards, which are developer dependant, unlike quick resume, which is baked into the system and works on most games (not all though).
Yeah I won't knock Microsoft for implementing it and if people use it, more power to them, I just personally believe that it's an unnecessary addition on top of lightning fast SSD's. I remember the days of Spectrum, PS1, Dreamcast and Xbox One (boot up) load times though, so the few extra seconds don't phase me.

• Shake
Reactions: Johnic

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Yeah I won't knock Microsoft for implementing it and if people use it, more power to them, I just personally believe that it's an unnecessary addition on top of lightning fast SSD's. I remember the days of Spectrum, PS1, Dreamcast and Xbox One (boot up) load times though, so the few extra seconds don't phase me.
You got it man. No worries.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
In the first situation QR feels amazing.
In the second situation QR doesn’t make any difference… to be fair loading a save will some times be faster than QR.
Most games save so often and load so fast that using the card to resume activity is more or less the same (and it works all the time, QR is kind of picky and this is not something you can count on).

Reactions: ethomaz