Phil Spencer Speaks On CMA Blocking ABK in EXCLUSIVE interview /s

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I always forget to use the cards to resume!

The cards don’t work like how Id hope for starting games.
They sometimes still go through the whole start up process and studio logos….

And there not always at the point you want to resume lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Again, it's such a Microsoft style feature. Doesn't impart any real advantage, does not focus on content, but touted as some kind of killer feature. In actuality it's a complete and utter dud.

Im sure the PS5 Pro or PS6 will have it. Its a decent feature for Lazy people like me or people that have a few titles they always jump into. Couple that with the PS5 SSD it will be awesome. Im sure they will improve the SSD speeds for PS6 anyway, its gonna be crazy

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Just remembered SF 6 would also be the type of game Id want on Quick resume, quick jump in to play online For a match or a few.
Yes Im lazy and probably have some weird mental issues :giggle:
QR doesn't work for online play, the other person will not be put on pause with a dialogue saying:

Please standby until Kokoko comes back to quick resume.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Im sure the PS5 Pro or PS6 will have it. Its a decent feature for Lazy people like me or people that have a few titles they always jump into. Couple that with the PS5 SSD it will be awesome. Im sure they will improve the SSD speeds for PS6 anyway, its gonna be crazy
As it is now it's snake oil level tech, like when they had it shipped for one game on xbone and promised you would be able to go back in the last game you used wherever you left off.

People talked about it a lot because Sony had not enabled the equivalent feature for PS4 (they had talked about it tho). Well we learned after a while that the xbone's resume feature often failed, when Sony shipped it for the ps4 it worked all the time.

So sure, but what games would I quick resume in a way that I can't? Probably none, this is all gaming forum fodder.

D

Deleted member 417

Just remembered SF 6 would also be the type of game Id want on Quick resume, quick jump in to play online For a match or a few.
Yes Im lazy and probably have some weird mental issues :giggle:
That's a fair shout tbh. Jump in to the game, straight online, hash out a few matches, rage quit. Rinse and repeat 😂

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Quick
That's a fair shout tbh. Jump in to the game, straight online, hash out a few matches, rage quit. Rinse and repeat 😂

What…

Nah, you’ll still need to log into servers. Go thru that whole spiel each time.

SF6 will be already be quick to start up. SSD speeds help this kind of stuff more than anything else right now.

I’m def not keep multiple games running at once. Kinda useless.

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
As it is now it's snake oil level tech, like when they had it shipped for one game on xbone and promised you would be able to go back in the last game you used wherever you left off.

People talked about it a lot because Sony had not enabled the equivalent feature for PS4 (they had talked about it tho). Well we learned after a while that the xbone's resume feature often failed, when Sony shipped it for the ps4 it worked all the time.

So sure, but what games would I quick resume in a way that I can't? Probably none, this is all gaming forum fodder.

I dont know about the Xbox One but it works great when I saw it for Series X, so defo not snake oil tech. Works better than the PS5 cards thats for sure

I mean if you Prefer to watch the wait for the studio logos, more loading and then wait to press load game, Id rather jump straight into the part I leave my game for games like GT7, Stardew and soon SF6. For first time epic games yeah, Ill see the logo, start screen, music etc, but after that Im done…. Unless it has really cool home screen music lol

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I would not be so sure. I don't think it's worth the engineering time or the SSD space. When I had my XSX and tried quick resume, I only used it a few times because I honestly didn't like it, and it's not worth the SSD space it takes up IMO. Plus people say it's flaky on XSX too right? It's just not worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I would not be so sure. I don't think it's worth the engineering time or the ram space. When I had my XSX and tried quick resume, I only used it a few times because I honestly didn't like it, and it's not worth the SSD space it takes up IMO. Plus people say it's flaky on XSX too right? It's just not worth it.

Maybe they will add a card to leave where your game last left off. They literally have the best SSD speeds on consoles and majority of PC’s.
They just need to have more space on HDD. Sony would do a better job than Xbox when they finally do it. I feel the cards were a last minute attempt at Quick Resume.

By next gen the PS6 SSD speeds would be even better. I just want to skip the whole studio intro and having to load game from start screen for certain games I always play, straight to where I want. Would make me play more like GT7 and probably SF6

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Bass