Phil Spencer Speaks On CMA Blocking ABK in EXCLUSIVE interview /s

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Q
The speed that the PS5 loads games and changes between games makes quick resume almost pointless. This isn't a speedofthessd.meme, this is 100% genuine.

Plus, turn the damned console off! For the sake of 30 seconds it costs a fortune in electricity!

What is the point of quickly changing games though? It's better to fully immerse yourself in tge game. Especially something very story heavy.

Reactions: Edmund

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
The speed that the PS5 loads games and changes between games makes quick resume almost pointless. This isn't a speedofthessd.meme, this is 100% genuine.

Plus, turn the damned console off! For the sake of 30 seconds it costs a fortune in electricity!
This is such a brain dead response. Quick resume is superior, you’ve obviously never used it.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
This is such a brain dead response. Quick resume is superior, you’ve obviously never used it.
*When it works, which is far from all the time, as we all know by now.

So it's kind of moot at this point, this is like having a finger print reader that fails regularly on your phone... You end up typing the pin after a few tries, so it actually is more annoying than useful.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Quick resume is a nice feature that nobody asked for. The closest thing on playstation is launching from cards and I doubt many people use it as well.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I've used it plenty. It's "superior" in the sense you get back into the game in a split second rather than maybe 1-2, but for practicality and what it takes to enable such a thing, it's a completely moot point. I'll take the general PS5 advantage that works while you are playing the games vs the RAM dump to SSD that is quick resume. Seriously, it's a completely dumb ass feature, because it's almost jarring ("what was I doing again when I stopped?"), and again, the system is not architected to give you speed advantages during gameplay the way the PS5 is.

Again, it's such a Microsoft style feature. Doesn't impart any real advantage, does not focus on content, but touted as some kind of killer feature. In actuality it's a complete and utter dud.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
i think the feature shines with multiple users. Basically resume your own session. Otherwise it has less value.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
I've used it plenty. It's "superior" in the sense you get back into the game in a split second rather than maybe 1-2, but for practicality and what it takes to enable such a thing, it's a completely moot point. I'll take the general PS5 advantage that works while you are playing the games vs the RAM dump to SSD that is quick resume. Seriously, it's a completely dumb ass feature, because it's almost jarring ("what was I doing again when I stopped?"), and again, the system is not architected to give you speed advantages during gameplay the way the PS5 is.

Again, it's such a Microsoft style feature. Doesn't impart any real advantage, does not focus on content, but touted as some kind of killer feature. In actuality it's a complete and utter dud.
😂 so bitter

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Was that what Timdog actually sounds like at the end or was that parody? I could barely understand him. Dude’s speech is slurred like a fat alcoholic. Sounds like mr. plinkett

D

Deleted member 417

Q

What is the point of quickly changing games though? It's better to fully immerse yourself in tge game. Especially something very story heavy.
VR, mainly.

I can have an hour on GT then jump into pavlov for a few games, all without standing in my living room looking at a loading screen for minutes on end.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sarcasm? Please tell me this is sarcasm.

Nah dude, its the one feature I like the idea of Xbox having, that I wish we had properly on PS5. I know we got “cards” and etc but my weird brain would love to jump into 2-5 games where I left them off.

Like GT7 main screen, Returnal, StardewValley, God of War R, Elden Ring/FF16. Loading is super fast on PS5 but if I could literally jump to the gameplay screen I last left with PS5 loading but quick resume I would love it.
It will probably come with PS6.
The whole you don’t need to see the start up after the first time Cerny said isn’t exactly true, the amount of times Ive watched the Returnal studios is like 50+ times.

I know it takes memory space but I think thats something that will be sorted next gen or at least give gamers a choice. I know Im in the minority but my brain wants it. Theres times Im like can I be bothered to wait the extra 20seconds-1/2minutes startup, Im like nah. If thats gone I can jump into a game much quicker.

Again its probably some weird brain thing I have, but Id love it. I want to start off exactly where I finished playing with no waiting. That and BC are the only things Xbox has done right in like a decade lol

• Shake

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If I had a series X I wouldn't enable it. I don't see the point.

Thats cool, Id like the choice. Super quick loading to exactly where I stopped playing would be awesome for me. Id always have GT7 on the main screen or start of a race, same with certain games I just want to jump into quickly for a quick race or game

• Shake
D

Deleted member 417

Thats cool, Id like the choice. Super quick loading to exactly where I stopped playing would be awesome for me. Id always have GT7 on the main screen or start of a race, same with certain games I just want to jump into quickly for a quick race or game
Respect to that, choices are always good.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko