Phil Spencer wants Sony and Nintendo games on Xbox, but says he doesn’t expect it

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
helldivers-2-c-1440x810.jpg

In an interview for journalist Stephen Totilo’s Game File newsletter, Spencer said the decision to bring four Xbox games to other consoles wasn’t intended to make its rivals follow suit.

“This is not for me, like, some kind of bartering system,” Spencer explained. “We’re doing it for the better of Xbox’s business.”

Despite this, Spencer said he would of course welcome other consoles’ games on Xbox, and noted that it would be beneficial for multiplayer games in particular, where building a large online community is important for a game’s lifespan.

“I will say, when I look at a game like Helldivers 2 – and it’s a great game, kudos to the team shipping on PC and PlayStation – I’m not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox,” he said. “If you try to twist yourself to say, like, somehow that benefited somebody somewhere.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Nintendo will not agree to this, but Sony...

You can expect anything from them. I wouldn't have believed it in 2019 if I had been told that they would shoot their key advantages that led them to success.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Nintendo will not agree to this, but Sony...

You can expect anything from them. I wouldn't have believed it in 2019 if I had been told that they would shoot their key advantages that led them to success.
because you're wrong about this, it leads you to other mistakes

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
they're the biggest publisher in the world. sooner or later they're going to have something you want to play. and then what?
They haven't had it in 20 years, nor did Bethesda, Blizzard or Activsion.

Of all these publishers the last game I genuinely cared about was WoW in 2005. These days I despise Blizzard.

The last CoD I played I can't even remember was probably Modern Warfare 3, doesn't even mean I cared about it, I just played it. Sony made many CoD available on PS+ since then and I didn't bother playing them.

They even already made the only remakes I cared about and gave them away on PS+ Tony Hawks 1 + 2, Spyro and Crash.

What is it they are making that I want to play? If they make it I'll play on PC for 1$ a month and I'll feel great doing it.

Also, it's not like I chose to hate these publishers only after they were bought by MS, I hated them just like I hate Ubisoft and Konami now.

Reactions: J_Paganel

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
They haven't had it in 20 years, nor did Bethesda or Activsion.

What is it they are making that I want to play? If they make it I'll play on PC for 1$ a month and I'll feel great doing it.
ok, if you don't like any games from activision, blizzard, or bethesda, go with god. i would personally try to find a way to play Sekiro.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
ok, if you don't like any games from activision, blizzard, or bethesda, go with god. i would personally try to find a way to play Sekiro.
Even the IP right reversed to From Software if I'm not mistake. That is the best you could come up with from all these publishers? Seems you don't like their games very much as well.

It was even self publisher by FromSoftware in Japan.

Imagine retroactively crediting a corporation with things they did not create, just because they bought publishers for foreclosing content.

Your mask is dropping. Valve fanboy, my arse.
Yep, very suspicious.