Phil Spencer wants Sony and Nintendo games on Xbox, but says he doesn’t expect it

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It's still early, just wait until Sea of Thieves is officially announced on PS5. Journalists will start making articles about how "pro-consumer" Xbox is and start pressuring Sony to release Helldivers 2 on Xbox in exchange.

It's crazy how MS still doesn't get that their paid media articles won't make a difference. With the small Xbox install base and proclivity to not buy games, there's no financial impetus for Sony to port Helldivers 2. I was reading some comments in another forum from a couple users who seem to be in the know and they spoke about how heavily MS is into astroturfing and social media influence. They said all companies do it, but MS is on a whole other level. I think this is obvious to anyone paying attention. What I don't get is how MS has failed to realize that it is not helping. Sure, it makes their extreme fans even more blindly loyal but it doesn't sell consoles, Game Pass, or attract new users. It's just so toxic and futile at the same time.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
There is a difference, crossplay campaign was followed by main gaming media outlets all over the place. This shit is just yelling on Twitter by random persons. Who gives a shit about them

@washingtonpost games reporter

They've already started as you can see

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

:rolleyes:

A 4 day old news. If you google it, it will show you how outlets quoted Phil Spencer's words “I will say, when I look at a game like Helldivers 2 - and it's a great game, kudos to the team shipping on PC and PlayStation - I'm not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox,”

There isn't article about how PS users wants Sony to release Helldivers 2 on Xbox. When this crap started? Yesterday, right.

Last edited:
Reactions: AshHunter216

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Ahh, a new Microsoft astroturfing campaign.

You know, maybe if they spent more money on actually training and retaining developers and less on paying shills and astroturfers, they wouldn't be going 3rd party.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Sony needs competition. They need to try mp, coop, gaas.

Well here s your competition.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
How it started
Tdqfcof.png

How it's going
99h88bB.png

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
There's Genshin impact port begging from MS employees as well and how they regret not making it Xbox exclusive. I guess the new strategy is to try and pressure PlayStation into giving away all their exclusives.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
There's Genshin impact port begging from MS employees as well and how they regret not making it Xbox exclusive. I guess the new strategy is to try and pressure PlayStation into giving away all their exclusives.
Not sure if it's up to playstation on that one I know they have a close relationship since the morons at Microsoft said no to hoyoverse