Phil Spencer wants Sony and Nintendo games on Xbox, but says he doesn’t expect it

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You Got This Harry Potter GIF by Sky

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Phil Spencer was port begging for Helldivers 2 to come to Xbox, pathetic.

I've seen people already suggesting that Sony should port older games to Xbox - that it would make them money - ie. do what Xbox is being forced to. Comments like what Phil said about Helldivers 2 will encourage even more Sonytoo like that, I think. I suspect that's one of the reasons he said it (plus being a pathetic port-beggar).

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Because the baseball league said they had to or they'd lose the license , Sony own the Helldivers IP so can do as they please with it
Should've called their bluff. How much money is Sony actually making with MLB? Must be low margin since apparently nothing they do makes good enough money.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Should've called their bluff. How much money is Sony actually making with MLB? Must be low margin since apparently nothing they do makes good enough money.
I do think now that EA has shown a sports title can survive without the league branding license Sony might be more willing to do something like that.

• fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
No idea but baseball isn't popular outside of north America , I think Japan might have a league but it's no where near as popular as football ⚽

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
No idea but baseball isn't popular outside of north America , I think Japan might have a league but it's no where near as popular as football ⚽
Also, something I always wondered, why not use the same studio to reskin it into a Japanese Baseball game?

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
According to the insomniac leak, MLB had one of the highest revenue #s per copy sold, something like $100+. All to do with the microtransactions. Don't know if this was before they had to branch out to other platforms or not, but imagine losing the stranglehold on an exclusive license that yields that much.
I do think now that EA has shown a sports title can survive without the league branding license Sony might be more willing to do something like that.
Does that work with MLB? FIFA is just the org in charge of the world cup, no? I thought with the leagues in the states there's some sort of franchise model and licensing agreement where Sony wouldn't be able to sign individual teams up separately.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Does that work with MLB? FIFA is just the org in charge of the world cup, no? I thought with the leagues in the states there's some sort of franchise model and licensing agreement where Sony wouldn't be able to sign individual teams up separately.
So this is kinda complex, and I won't pretend to understand it all. FIFA is not just the organization behind the world cup, they are much bigger than that.

The MLB is the league that organises baseball in the US. FIFA is a much wider org. You could technically compare the MLB with the Premier League, that would make it more accurate.

• Informative
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
They already have Sony games like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro