Phil Spencer will be on Kinda Funny XCast tomorrow

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Phil mentioned the possibility of himself being fired. :unsure:

Good.

edit:
He also admits that they can't compete with Sony or Nintendo when it comes to selling consoles and that there isn't even a path to that (something that everyone but Xbots knows already).

Dude pretty much admits defeat. As expected they'll pivot away from Xbox and into PC/Gamepass/xCloud. It's over.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

200w.gif

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
"If you just build great games everything will turn around"
Phil: its not true.
"Just having great games doesnt mean we will sell more consoles"

Strange thing to say as we and he knows that how PS changed the failure that was PS3.
They started to make "Great" games which in turn got more sales in the console market.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Also mentions Sony exclusivity deals while making it seem like they are the only one doing it. Losing Final Fantasy really got MS shook.
That narrative is so irritating to me. Sony are nowhere close to being the only ones who make deals. They never have been, but it's a narrative Xbox and their supporters keep putting out there as part of their PR assault tactics.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
"If you just build great games everything will turn around"
Phil: its not true.
"Just having great games doesnt mean we will sell more consoles"

Strange thing to say as we and he knows that how PS changed the failure that was PS3.
They started to make "Great" games which in turn got more sales in the console market.
Great games is a massive part of what turned the Playstation brand around after the PS3. What is he on about?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Good.

edit:
He also admits that they can't compete with Sony or Nintendo when it comes to selling consoles and that there isn't even path to that (something that everyone but Xbots know).

Dude pretty much admits defeat. As expected they'll pivot away from Xbox and into PC/Gamepass/xCloud. It's over.
All I am hearing is a lot of bullshit reasoning and excuses from him.

The end result is clear, the game was a complete fucking mess, anyone who played it would immediately say, "We can not release this crap to the Public"

He is the leader of their gaming division, the buck stops with him, he is pissing all over Xbox fans with his disingenuous waffle.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Reading posts in Era thread. Yep, everything is going according to plan according to him it seems. LOL

hdqErs9.jpg
A game being shit is not a bug.

All I am hearing is a lot of bullshit reasoning and excuses from him.

The end result is clear, the game was a complete fucking mess, anyone who played it would immediately say, "We can not release this crap to the Public"

He is the leader of their gaming division, the buck stops with him, he is pissing all over Xbox fans with his disingenuous waffle.
Redfall would be bad no matter what. It's a game that needed to be canceled. What's interesting in the interview is when he goes into the broader points, there are clearly no plans to turn things around for Xbox, it couldn't be more obvious.

I can't even blame Phil going forward, he ain't even making promises anymore. Dude looks defeated and clueless about what it takes to make a good game.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Great games is a massive part of what turned the Playstation brand around after the PS3. What is he on about?
He is just being realistic what do you think is going to happen? All of the sudden MS will show up with 5 AAA bangers a year and put Sony to shame for years in a roll? They went a decade or more without a single GoTY contender, they destroyed and milked to death their most important IPs. The only thing that they seem to get right are the niche stuff and PC games.

He is coming as close as possible to saying "it's over, we can't compete on the console business, don't expect it from us". Xbox was always a big waste of time and was dead the moment Xbox One flopped (he referenced that fact as well).

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I can’t believe I hate Phil Spencer :ROFLMAO:. The more I listen to this the more I just think he’s a huge jerkoff.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
A game being shit is not a bug.

Redfall would be bad no matter what. It's a game that needed to be canceled. What's interesting in the interview is when he goes into the broader points, there are clearly no plans to turn things around for Xbox, it couldn't be more obvious.

I can't even blame Phil going forward, he ain't even making promises anymore. Dude looks defeated and clueless about what it takes to make a good game.
There is bad and then there is acceptable, all those ai bugs, thousands of them, the game should never been released in that state.

Even if it's the most Generic form, there is no excuse for those bugs.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Dude at resetera just said "This interview has me believing in Xbox. Wow." Like bro, hes a conman and snake oil salesman who has to damage control and pr. Its just a more elaborate way of "We heard you need to do better."