Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
"If you just build great games everything will turn around"
Phil: its not true.
"Just having great games doesnt mean we will sell more consoles"

Strange thing to say as we and he knows that how PS changed the failure that was PS3.
They started to make "Great" games which in turn got more sales in the console market.
His responses lol

If you don't build great games why are you on gaming business at all?
I agree having great games will not make you sell more consoles but it is the base/needs to sell more consoles.

With great games the others parts to sell more consoles become easier and fast.

Reactions: TubzGaming

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
There is bad and then there is acceptable, all those ai bugs, thousands of them, the game should never been released in that state.

Even if it's the most Generic form, there is no excuse for those bugs.
Bugs are the least of the problems with Redfall they could spend another two years clearing it up and it would be pretty much just as bad. The game sucks, plain and simple.

Dude at resetera just said "This interview has me believing in Xbox. Wow." Like bro, hes a conman and snake oil salesman who has to damage control and pr. Its just a more elaborate way of "We heard you need to do better."
An interview of him looking hopeless, loss and pretty much admitting defeat has him believing in Xbox?

It's becoming clear that Phil might not have been the main problem all along, Xbox fans are the problem.

His responses lol

If you don't build great games why are you on gaming business at all?
I agree having great games will not make you sell more consoles but it is the base/needs to sell more consoles.

With great games the others parts to sell more consoles become easier and fast.
He can't make those games, he has "tried" for 15 years. Finally he is saying it ain't going to happen and Xbox fans should listen to them.

MS needs to quit the console business and spend the next 10 years fixing whatever is wrong with their internal structure that prevents them from making the most of all their studios. Sometimes you need to take a step back and admit what you are actually capable to realistically achieve.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
"If you just build great games everything will turn around"
Phil: its not true.
"Just having great games doesnt mean we will sell more consoles"

Strange thing to say as we and he knows that how PS changed the failure that was PS3.
They started to make "Great" games which in turn got more sales in the console market.
That’s horseshit.

PS3 had great games from the start. The main issue they had was the high price point until the slim model came out.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
All I am hearing is a lot of bullshit reasoning and excuses from him.

The end result is clear, the game was a complete fucking mess, anyone who played it would immediately say, "We can not release this crap to the Public"

He is the leader of their gaming division, the buck stops with him, he is pissing all over Xbox fans with his disingenuous waffle.
The hero worship of Phil by Xbox fans does NOT make them look very intelligent.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
That’s horseshit.

PS3 had great games from the start. The main issue they had was the high price point until the slim model came out.
It's just the truth, once the Xbox One flopped it was over. They lost all the momentum from the 360 and Sony was able to reposition PlayStation, now everyone is tied to that ecosystem with their library they built over 10 years. PS5 increases it's lead every passing minute now, there is nothing MS can do, they could buy ABK and would still get smoked.

MS doesn't have the capability to compete with Sony when it comes to making games (pretty much no other publisher can at this point) and they would have to completely outclass Sony to start gaining ground.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

I will watch this in a few minutes...

Then I'm gonna get a thread up about the Xbox showcase and what they need to do to be taken seriously again. Cause these past weeks have just obliterated Xbox as a brand. I see a lot of disgruntled Xbox fans.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It's just the truth, once the Xbox One flopped it was over. They lost all the momentum from the 360 and Sony was able to reposition PlayStation, now everyone is tied to that ecosystem with their library they built over 10 years.

MS doesn't have the capability to compete with Sony when it comes to making games (pretty much no other publisher can at this point) and they would have to completely outclass Sony to start gaining ground.
This should not stop them from making quality products, that's like saying everyone should just give up on producing cars because it's not going to turn out to be a BMW or a Mercedes.

They need to stop using that excuse of can not compete with Sony and start focusing on quality control, there are Indie developers that are producing better quality games than what Microsoft is doing,

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
This should not stop them from making quality products, that's like saying everyone should just give up on producing cars because it's not going to turn out to be a BMW or a Mercedes.

They need to stop using that excuse of can not compete with Sony and start focusing on quality control, there are Indie developers that are producing better quality games than what Microsoft is doing,
They can't make it, don't you get it? Do you think they have been making shit games on purpose for the last 15 years?

What you are seeing is the result MS trying their best, investing billions on their internal games. When MS was more hands on their games sucks, they tried to copy Sony's more hand off approach and things got even worse. There was never anything special about MS studios, they are just another average western publisher like Ubisoft, EA, Activison, etc, with the difference that they already destroyed the viability of their biggest IPs.

• brain

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Well Xbox owners got bad news yesterday and many didn't notice. The "Xbox" showcase won't be about Xbox again the whole time. The show will also focus on PC and Cloud.

You could say that all those games will also hit Xbox..However, look at last year's showcase, and there were a few segments of games that will never hit the Xbox ecosystem.

Major L in my book.
Yep. Xbox users are clearly treated as second class citizens by MS themselves. The company is more interested in cloud and pc gaming

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
They can't make it, don't you get it? Do you think they have been making shit games on purpose for the last 15 years?

What you are seeing is the result MS trying their best, investing billions on their internal games. When MS was more hands on their games sucks, they tried to copy Sony's more hand off approach and things got even worse. There was never anything special about MS studios.
Then they need to improve themselves, it's absolute bullshit to keep using the excuse of we can't compete with Sony.

They have unlimited funds, buy the talent, and start nurturing it and take some fucking pride in what they are doing.

Tired of the bloody excuses, it's not rocket science.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Then they need to improve themselves, it's absolute bullshit to keep using the excuse of we can't compete with Sony.

They have unlimited funds, buy the talent, and start nurturing it and take some fucking pride in what they are doing.

Tired of the bloody excuses, it's not rocket science.
They need to give up. It's not going to happen.

They don't have and pretty much never had the game output to justify being a platform holder.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I think it’s time MS realize they’re a “enterprise software” company. And that’s what they’re good at.
They’ve been trying to succeed in the entertainment segment and failed consistently for more than 20 years.
Give up, MS, you’re a suit company that sell suit products and that’s fine.
And you’ll fail at cloud gaming too, MS.
What you know how to do: enterprise solutions.
What you don’t how to do: everything else.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Jokes aside, just watched this. Holy crap Phil is literally falling apart in real-time. Felt a little bit of sympathy for a man beat down as such.
Of confuse he’s falling apart. Bethesda and ABK buyouts were his ideas and both failed. I don’t feel sorry for him a bit knowing he’s filthy rich and still bad at his job.

Reactions: Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I will watch this in a few minutes...

Then I'm gonna get a thread up about the Xbox showcase and what they need to do to be taken seriously again. Cause these past weeks have just obliterated Xbox as a brand. I see a lot of disgruntled Xbox fans.
Haha, towards the end he blamed Sony for making exclusive deals for Xbox not being able to compete. He was so going to make COD exclusive.

But how clueless can a man be not to mention their massive deficit in retail presence thanks to their decision making, aka gamepass.

Dismisses that great games are fundamental, they are listening to ”creators” who want to see friends come togetheir irrespective of devices 😂

Xbox is like a ship lost at sea

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Jokes aside, just watched this. Holy crap Phil is literally falling apart in real-time. Felt a little bit of sympathy for a man beat down as such.
Don't feel bad. He literally said 'Consolidation is a good thing." If it were up to him Microsoft would buy out publishers and destroy franchises people love.

Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

Phil Spencer is a lot like Tyler Malka. You want them to succeed, they have more resources than most people to succeed, but they fail at success time and time again because they are just losers at a genetic level. I know that sounds harsh, but how can you forgive people who are allergic to success to such a level that they make everyone else worse off for trying to help.

Give spencer his retirement and give Xbox to someone who can run it properly.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Lol, of course Phil says that they remain confident the deal will go through and that they will appeal the decision. It's clear their plan is not to make better games on Xbox, it's to take better games away from Playstation.

• angry