Plan to move Xbox games to other platforms codenamed "Latitude" internally. |UP| More coming holiday season including 6 big Xbox titles.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Forza Horizon 5... WHEN??????

I Need it immediately, I need a great arcade racing game on PlayStation so bad. I don't like how The Crew Games control at all.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
What they could do?

Xbox was dying with their support or not.
So they choose at least find a way to make money.

It was one of the few smart Xbox decision (and yes I don't think it come from Uncle Phil... he seems incapable to have these smart ideias... he will probably lie to you to sell his used car no matter the state of it).
make good games that have mass appeal. PC and xbox should be more then enough. Also gamepass eats too much in sales. Get rid of game pass and make good popular games. But xbox has problems making good popular games. It needs to be common for them and not uncommon.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Tell me about the long term vision for Xbox? What they could have done that could work that they didn't in over a decade?

They long term vision already expired.
This is the long term vision I see they have since many years ago:
  • Slowly switching from Xbox console to Windows as their main home platform
  • Putting all their games day one on GP + moneyhatted 3rd party hoping it would became the Netflix of game, hoping that Sony and Nintendo would follow and would die losing a ton of money on it (spoiler: failed at this)
  • Expand their market to also include PC, rival consoles and mobile
  • Grow revenue, amount of big IPs and first party teams via acquisitions
  • Slowly transition to become a 3rd party multiplatform publisher in consoles, doing a Sega, but keeping the Xbox brand for PC -including handheld PCs- and mobile stores
  • The long term goal would be to become the top grossing game company
I think to kill their console and expanding to full multiplatform will highly benefit them. Specially if they stop putting their games day one on GP or if only are day one in the most expensive tier (which should be more expensive than now and wouldn't have any $1/free loopholes).

If they kill their console they'll stop bleeding money with it and will make way more money elsewhere. If they close all the loopholes and stop putting all these games day one in GP, or at least on the medium tier, they'd stop bleeding money with GP.

I think it's something they plan to do, but they do it slowly step by step to avoid losing customers and fans too fast.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
make good games that have mass appeal. PC and xbox should be more then enough. Also gamepass eats too much in sales. Get rid of game pass and make good popular games. But xbox has problems making good popular games. It needs to be common for them and not uncommon.
They should had done that in 2010 and continue doing it...
We are already over a decade with sparse releases.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
now with all these studios it should be more feasible.
It’s not. You cannot buy third party publishers, whose games are enjoyed by players from all platforms, to suddenly give you a “zelda” or “god of war” those game got that status by being directly associated with its console brand.

The only feasible thing is to go full SEGA. Xbox won’t even hit 40m this gen. That’s down 33% last gen, MS sees a giant red downwards trending line and they absolutely don’t like that.

Reactions: pop and Shadow2027

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
It’s not. You cannot buy third party publishers, whose games are enjoyed by players from all platforms, to suddenly give you a “zelda” or “god of war” those game got that status by being directly associated with its console brand.

The only feasible thing is to go full SEGA. Xbox won’t even hit 40m this gen. That’s down 33% last gen, MS sees a giant red downwards trending line and they absolutely don’t like that.
But the Bethesda purchase gave them exactly that lol. Fallout and Elder Scrolls. And thats not even including the abk ips. The games speak for themselves not the platform that they are on. GTA, Red Dead, Baldur Gate, CyberPunk, witcher etc. Massive ips with no brand exclusivity. Like i said the game speaks for itself.

They're not going full sega no time soon.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
They're not going full sega no time soon.
The Office Lol GIF

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Bruh, the fact that Xbox even has a codename for the porting of their games to PlayStation is another addition to the long list of slapping their fanbase in the face. Lol. Bots down bad.....again.