PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation (9/10/2024)

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
i'm fine with the choice of playing fidelity for pretty games and performance to action games, sorry sony
disappearing.gif

Reactions: arvfab and Entropi

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Im genuienly concerned about the future of Playstation at the moment. Its not just that insane, completely out of touch price point, its that it doesnt even include a disc drive. I get the feeling the same people who thought something like Concord would be a hit are now steering the ship at Playstation with these decisions. They should have at least attached a small state of play to show new software running on it to at least make the price somewhat palatable.

Its not that i cant afford one, i can. My concern is this will be such a dud developers wont want to take advantage of it because the installed base doesnt justify it. I was day one up until i saw that price. Ill wait and see now.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This should be threadmarked for everyone forgetting about realities of economics
Also $699 in 2024 equals $593.56 in 2021
Gonna defend the price a year times too? when they raise it on Europeans and Japan customers as well?

Good for those who see value in this but there's no reason a Pro should be $700 half way through the gen

Reactions: arvfab and Entropi

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I wasn't aware Steam games were sold on discs
I did have a disc drive on my last PC; when I upgraded I wasn't given the option to have an internal disc drive.
To answer your question, currently no, but I do intend to get a Bluray disc drive externally down the line. I need to be able to play my movies and TV shows and rip my PS1/PS2/PS3 games.
I do own a decent chunk of physical PC games, just as I own several PS4 games on disc.
Purrsonally, I would not want a digital only console because the appeal of consoles (for me) is being able to physically own a game that can't be taken away. You trust renting games from Sony's servers that much? After they already took away digital purchases of TV shows and movies from people?

So what was your point?

You can buy a disc drive of you want it.

Where’s the loss of features?

Reactions: Kokoloko

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
wtf?! On steam you have access to your files. Can crack, mod, revert versions and copy the game.
On console, game from the disc is THE ONLY way to own the game, paly offline and go to v1.0 if I want it.
And most games work without patches.

And what is your point?

Buy a disc drive for it.

Better still don’t buy it and stick to your OG PS5 if you have one.

This is a console for enthusiasts not people like you for obvious reasons.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The european price is nuts but knowing me, i'll still buy it.
because usa prices are without tax. EU includes tax.

That's 800 euro + 150 disc drive + like 70 for the stand.
1000 euro. lol and they show tlou2 running at 60fps while it was already 1440p 60 no problem. And demons souls 4k60 lol it also was 1440p 60.

45% more performance means dragons dogma 2 will be like 43fps instead of 30. WOW SUCH CRAZY POWER

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Im genuienly concerned about the future of Playstation at the moment. Its not just that insane, completely out of touch price point, its that it doesnt even include a disc drive. I get the feeling the same people who thought something like Concord would be a hit are now steering the ship at Playstation with these decisions. They should have at least attached a small state of play to show new software running on it to at least make the price somewhat palatable.

It’s not that i cant afford one, i can. My concern is this will be such a dud developers wont want to take advantage of it because the installed base doesnt justify it. I was day one up until i saw that price. I’ll wait and see now.
My bro, due to insane inflation for the past few years the money’s worth has decreased a lot, so actually $699 in 2024 equals $593.56 in 2021. That means the number may look expensive but they’re asking for the same price adjusted, you see salaries have been also readjusting for most of the afflicted countries and that means you would be paying the same money.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
And what is your point?

Buy a disc drive for it.

Better still don’t buy it and stick to your OG PS5 if you have one.

This is a console for enthusiasts not people like you for obvious reasons.
I am buying it and the disc drive, and the stand.
I am just attacking your bs regarding "lol there is no disc drive on pc".
You dont need it on pc. you need it on console

Reactions: Entropi