PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation (9/10/2024)

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Not missing anything. People are idiots.
And the vertical stand is also not needed. it got it's own litle feet like slim does. Vertical stand is just a premium option.

The one worrisome thing is that there is no more expensive pro+disc bundle. This bodes badly for ps6 and physical gaming
We can’t rule out a disc bundle yet. It could be a marketing tactic to put the cheapest upfront, but the more expensive option will show at sale time.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
We can’t rule out a disc bundle yet. It could be a marketing tactic to put the cheapest upfront, but the more expensive option will show at sale time.
I hope we can rule the disc bundle out! I've already ordered the disc drive lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
We can’t rule out a disc bundle yet.
Well, people can make their own dic bundle if they want buying both. Or use the reader from the Slim if the have it.

I think Sony didn't make the bundle to show a cheaper price in terms of marketing and to reduce costs.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Well, people can make their own dic bundle if they want buying both. Or use the reader from the Slim if the have it.

I think Sony didn't make the bundle to show a cheaper price in terms of marketing and to reduce costs.
Yes I agree about the marketing.

It’s important to have a disc base console for sale in the box to maintain a healthy physical presence. I still believe there will be a disc based sku just like with slim. And the difference will be $50 like with the slim.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
I'm sorry but this sounds like anti PlayStation rhetoric. How could you not see the limitations on the base PS5? Space Marines 2 cant even hold 60fps, Wukong not running the best either, and thoese are just two of the most recent games with issues. To sit up here and say you don't see the point of a Pro and to say the base PS5 isn't tapped out yet is just stupid.
I have a PS5 FAT, and the only problem why these games have fps drops and technical problems is the quality of the developers work, and maybe Sony's lack of work with ports (they are now more interested in PC than their own platform).

Reactions: Entropi and arvfab

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
The PS5 Pro being $700 is what happens when Xbox cashes it in and Sony has no competition.

You can bet the PS6 is gonna retail for $600+ and games are gonna creep up to $80 and beyond.
I mean Xbox is selling a 2TB console for only $100 cheaper. Lol

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
The reason there is such outcry about this is because this is actually what people want in terms of graphics, fps and improvements

the fact that so many people are trying to make arguments shows how much they want this product

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
I have a PS5 FAT, and the only problem why these games have fps drops and technical problems is the quality of the developers work, and maybe Sony's lack of work with ports (they are now more interested in PC than their own platform).
Not only, that may be one of the reasons but not singularly only one, the other is base console lacks grunt for 60fps with eXtreme particLe counts, good AI, Rt effects etc all at the same time. Why you guys always have to reduce nuances into only one thing that is this etc??? Fuck that is just stupid

Reactions: Entropi

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
CNET - PS5 Pro Hands On Exclusive cnet.com/tech/gaming/ps…

-PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution will work on PSVR2 games in the future

-Planned 40-50 games with PS5 Pro upgrades at launch, focusing on 4K/60FPS upgrades along with graphic boosts

-PS5 Pro could spark a range of extra gaming modes (Cerny has seen games with 3 different PS5 Pro modes)

-over 25% of PS5 owners own 120-FPS capable TVs / around 1 in 10 players have variable refresh rate TVs

-"Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth in particular popped compared to the fuzzier graphics on the existing PS5 version. Everything was sharper, and still 60fps smooth. It felt like putting new glasses on."

-Gran Turismo 7 includes 8K mode and a 4K mode with ray-tracing

Exciting stuff man... I really can't wait to get my hands on this!!!

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
This lack of Drive sku is really gaining traction, and now, I'm getting mad if this turns out to be the case. Fucking pro with less features than my original ps5 is not a good look.

I looked online everywhere for a slim drive and fucker is sold out everywhere. I simply cannot get one unless paying $300 on eBay.

So will I bring it home and have no access to my physical library untill such a time I find one of these unicorn drives?

Too much hassle and confusion. Bad Sony!

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
This lack of Drive sku is really gaining traction, and now, I'm getting mad if this turns out to be the case. Fucking pro with less features than my original ps5 is not a good look.

I looked online everywhere for a slim drive and fucker is sold out everywhere. I simply cannot get one unless paying $300 on eBay.

So will I bring it home and have no access to my physical library untill such a time I find one of these unicorn drives?

Too much hassle and confusion. Bad Sony!
It's still in stock in some places for $80... So just keep searching my guy and you'll get one before the PS5 Pro is out for sure! (y)

Reactions: Shmunter

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Wow, yeah, FF7R looks a LOT better on PS5 Pro. Night and day difference. I actually put off playing it due to other things happening at the time of release but the Pro will finally push me to enjoy it. Image quality was just too awful on normal PS5.

Reactions: YeezyDude