PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation (9/10/2024)

MiyazakiLovesKojima

I think it's game over for me in terms of switching to Next-Gen.
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
If the disk drive was included wouldn’t we still be paying around the same price that we are paying getting the disk drive separately? If the disk drive was included it wouldn’t stay at $699. What am I missing?
Not missing anything. People are idiots.
And the vertical stand is also not needed. it got it's own litle feet like slim does. Vertical stand is just a premium option.

The one worrisome thing is that there is no more expensive pro+disc bundle. This bodes badly for ps6 and physical gaming

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Not missing anything. People are idiots.
And the vertical stand is also not needed. it got it's own litle feet like slim does. Vertical stand is just a premium option.

The one worrisome thing is that there is no more expensive pro+disc bundle. This bodes badly for ps6 and physical gaming

That’s what I’m worried about. Playstation going full retard (like Xbox) and removing physical games as an option.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
yeah good luck waiting then.
I wouldn't count on pro patches for those games.
Rebirth is perfectly fine at 4k30.
Stellar Blade got like the best 60fps mode out of any recent games. what are you waiting for
Looks like Rebirth will get enhancements, thank goodness. That current performance mode looks god awful vaseline filter

Reactions: rofif

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

Ooooh what gullible idiots. They won't be smiling when they see the performances of 1st party Xbox games running on the PS5 pro.

• haha
Reactions: Entropi

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
CNET live Q&A asking questions about PS5 Pro:
Watching him answer questions he sounds clueless.
Question from the chat - Is it more powerful than the Xbox Series X?
His answer - (summed up) Erm you would think so, do we know what the Series X can fully do? Who knows, but id guess it is

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Watching him answer questions he sounds clueless.
Question from the chat - Is it more powerful than the Xbox Series X?
His answer - (summed up) Erm you would think so, do we know what the Series X can fully do? Who knows, but id guess it is
On top of that she also seems to be let's say pretty intelectually limited.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
CNET - PS5 Pro Hands On Exclusive cnet.com/tech/gaming/ps…

-PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution will work on PSVR2 games in the future

-Planned 40-50 games with PS5 Pro upgrades at launch, focusing on 4K/60FPS upgrades along with graphic boosts

-PS5 Pro could spark a range of extra gaming modes (Cerny has seen games with 3 different PS5 Pro modes)

-over 25% of PS5 owners own 120-FPS capable TVs / around 1 in 10 players have variable refresh rate TVs

-"Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth in particular popped compared to the fuzzier graphics on the existing PS5 version. Everything was sharper, and still 60fps smooth. It felt like putting new glasses on."

-Gran Turismo 7 includes 8K mode and a 4K mode with ray-tracing

Reactions: YeezyDude