PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation (9/10/2024)

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I'm actually thinking about getting the disc drive right now for the same reason haha.
not sure where you are but in Poland it's already 50$ above retail price in most palces.
I BACK ORDERED one of last retail prices I could find

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's hard to say, but I don’t think so. The PS4 Pro's power increase was nearly double.
Of course, the manufacturing node halved for the PS4 Pro but not for the PS5 Pro, I believe.
you have to take into account, that PS4 launched already underpowered while PS5 was way stronger with some parts ahead of the industry by 2 years.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Yeah, PlayStation is a miserable sinking ship at the moment.
titanic night GIF

Reactions: KvallyX and Puff

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
800€ without disc and without exclusive titles to make use of the extra power is a very hard sell.

Btw, it took Sony 4 years and this presentation to shut up the Xbot "only Series is RDNA2" propaganda.

Reactions: Gediminas

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I dont know about you guys but after spending my whole working hours on 3 different monitors I dont feel like coming home and playing on a monitor again. Also I abhor giving money to nvidia unless necessary, they literally ran a scam with the 30 series and the low vram on them.

If PSSR turns out to be anywhere near DLSS3 then price would be justified although they should have just put 1tb ssd and sell it for 599 to make it look good for optics

• Shake
Reactions: Entropi

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Attention!

Some unexpected costs for running the site have come up... If everyone could chip in to cover them, I'd appreciate it.

About 800 to 900 euro will do it! /s
Sorry i would've supported the site but I already ordered the disc drive, the stand and put money away for a pro
Dog Begging GIF

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
If the disk drive was included wouldn’t we still be paying around the same price that we are paying getting the disk drive separately? If the disk drive was included it wouldn’t stay at $699. What am I missing?

Reactions: ApolloHelios