PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation (9/10/2024)

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Tune in tomorrow for a PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation hosted by Mark Cerny

The 9-minute stream begins September 10 at 8:00am PT / 4:00pm BST. Full details:

113383.webp

This should be very good... I'm very hyped about this!!! 👀

Reactions: Sircaw

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I'm more interested in what devs will say when the NDA ends today. We probably won't get much game footage in that 9 minutes if any, but I hope some outlets get to show us more.

The 9 minutes will be purely technical, i.e. Cerny will be saying what devs can do with the higher specs.
But like you said, once the cat's out of the bag we'll be hearing from developers and publishers about their PS5 Pro modes.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Cerny opening:

The PlayStation 5 Pro is poised to redefine next-gen console gaming with its advanced architecture, enabling unprecedented real-time ray tracing and computational rendering through its custom AMD GPU. Leveraging 8K dynamic resolution scaling, coupled with a hybrid AI-driven upscaling algorithm, the PS5 Pro promises hyper-realistic visuals that dynamically optimize frame rates via ML super sampling. Enhanced by its multi-channel I/O throughput and a 4.5 GHz Zen 4-based CPU, the PS5 Pro supports near-instantaneous data streaming from its ultra-high bandwidth NVMe SSD, achieving sub-millisecond input latency for seamless gameplay. With its variable refresh rate (VRR) and low-latency mode (LLM), it caters to competitive gaming environments, ensuring both computational efficiency and visual fidelity are pushed to their theoretical limits.

• party
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Cerny opening:

The PlayStation 5 Pro is poised to redefine next-gen console gaming with its advanced architecture, enabling unprecedented real-time ray tracing and computational rendering through its custom AMD GPU. Leveraging 8K dynamic resolution scaling, coupled with a hybrid AI-driven upscaling algorithm, the PS5 Pro promises hyper-realistic visuals that dynamically optimize frame rates via ML super sampling. Enhanced by its multi-channel I/O throughput and a 4.5 GHz Zen 4-based CPU, the PS5 Pro supports near-instantaneous data streaming from its ultra-high bandwidth NVMe SSD, achieving sub-millisecond input latency for seamless gameplay. With its variable refresh rate (VRR) and low-latency mode (LLM), it caters to competitive gaming environments, ensuring both computational efficiency and visual fidelity are pushed to their theoretical limits.
If you could say all that in Cerny's voice, I would be so wet now!

Waterfall Iceland GIF

• haha
Reactions: Shmunter and DocRay

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Personally, I don't feel any “hype” about PS5 PRO, especially since we still haven't had any projects that would squeeze everything out of PS5 FAT\SLIM (technically, there were some, but they were just poorly optimized games).

And we should expect tons of videos from Linus and similar opinion leaders about “PCs that will crush PS5 Pro” and “cheaper PC games that can be absolutely free, and this will compensate for the cost of more expensive PC hardware”.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Personally, I don't feel any “hype” about PS5 PRO, especially since we still haven't had any projects that would squeeze everything out of PS5 FAT\SLIM (technically, there were some, but they were just poorly optimized games).

And we should expect tons of videos from Linus and similar opinion leaders about “PCs that will crush PS5 Pro” and “cheaper PC games that can be absolutely free, and this will compensate for the cost of more expensive PC hardware”.
lack of true exclusives kill part of the hype, nothing is extremely exciting anymore unfortunately

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
looking at the PS4 Pro presentation in September 2016: Mark showed examples of games running at Dynamic 4K, examples used:

- Spiderman PS4 (not released at the time *2016*, only launched 2 years later)
- Horizon Zero Dawn (not released yet, released a couple months later in 2017)
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider
- Days Gone (not released yet, released 3 years later in 2019)
- Uncharted 4
- Watch Dogs 2

when showing PSSR technology and presenting PS5 Pro, Mark can use games like Marvel's Wolverine, Death Stranding 2 and already released titles like Spiderman 2, God Of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and etc

Reactions: Bryank75 and Puff

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Well, I am hyped.

I love new PlayStation hardware, especially consoles and PC doesn't do anything for me.

If I wanted a Rig, I'd just get one. PC is for all the other stuff, for me.

Games like Wukong and CP2077 along with upcoming GTA6 will definitely use it well.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023

I'm sorry but this sounds like anti PlayStation rhetoric. How could you not see the limitations on the base PS5? Space Marines 2 cant even hold 60fps, Wukong not running the best either, and thoese are just two of the most recent games with issues. To sit up here and say you don't see the point of a Pro and to say the base PS5 isn't tapped out yet is just stupid.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs and voke

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Well, I am hyped.

I love new PlayStation hardware, especially consoles and PC doesn't do anything for me.

If I wanted a Rig, I'd just get one. PC is for all the other stuff, for me.

Games like Wukong and CP2077 along with upcoming GTA6 will definitely use it well.
Yessir... Exactly my guy!!! (y)