PlayStation 5 Technical Presentation (9/10/2024)

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
mmm
500 bucks no disc,600 with disc, released with two weeks difference (last week november,first week december)
1tb
dual sense with better batery life and better triggers
all games launched on september and in the future will have a ps5 pro patch (outlaws,warhammer,etc) its a mandate from sony to thirds
tomorrow they will open reserves
This real?

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
I think the presentation will be:
  • Announces PS5 Pro
  • Cerny mentions AI over 20 times and ways it can help PS, particularly:
    • PSSR: upscaling images during gameplay and maybe generate frames in real time, explaining why they did made their own one instead of just using DLSS, FRS, XeSS and that PS5 Pro has a chip needed that standard PS5 doesn't have
    • iSize tech to upscale and enhace in-game videos and maybe also images/textures for new games in real time saving SDD/disk space for games
    • iSize tech to upscale and enhace non-gaming videos and streams from PS Cloud gaming, remote play, PSN store, YouTube/Netflix/etc while saving server costs
    • May even use these things to improve how classic games look
  • Shows that with powerpoint slides and a few images or videos of already known games to showcase the difference
I really want to know how good the PS5 Pro upscaling is, is it the end of the need for native 4k in games?

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Why not just do a 40 minute show doing both?

People are gonna complain when they see a new console and no games running on it or new games

Probably because if they talk about just the hardware for 10 minutes or so, most people will be like, nah, im out. It's a PS5 Pro, people know it's an upgraded PS5 and for those who don't, they can just take 2 minutes and check what it's all about online as opposed to wasting their time watching a showcase where they want to see the games. And during the showcase when they say games are running off PS5 Pro, those who don't know about it will be curious as to what it is and check it out online.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Rumor is that digital comes out november and physical december... if so, that would suck and only serve to kill physical.
And I expect that the disc drive from slim should probably fit the pro just fine right ?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I really want to know how good the PS5 Pro upscaling is, is it the end of the need for native 4k in games?
I assume will be Cerny level good.

Meaning, nobody thought PS4 Pro was going to be able to have 4K games and they found that checkerboard solution. Same goes with their I/O stuff in PS5 that optimized loading from SSD and memory management in a way that in terms of performance matches / outperform a theorically more powerful Series X or equivalent PCs. With Vita nobody thought that a portable could perform that good.

If instead of just using a FSR or XeSS they did their own thing must be because they have been able to achieve something better.

I'd say around DLSS equivalent in terms of quality or maybe even better in terms of quality, but using custom AMD hardware.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Rumor is that digital comes out november and physical december... if so, that would suck and only serve to kill physical.
And I expect that the disc drive from slim should probably fit the pro just fine right ?
yes. so you can buy Digital, slap disc on it if you own Slim and sell PS5 digital.

or, you can just buy digital and then the disc drive :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arminius and rofif

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

There is no reason to believe the Slim’s disc drive or faceplates won’t work on the Pro.

Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
yes. so you can buy Digital, slap disc on it if you own Slim and sell PS5 digital.

or, you can just buy digital and then the disc drive :)
I am still on original launch fat ps5! Not selling that baby! It's the main Astro bot hero, no way I could sell it.
That said, I am 100% getting ps5 pro digital + separate disc drive it's it's earlier than physical release

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

What's this IGN dude's problem

I want ps5 pro.. although I struggle to find a point and place for it.
Really just a handful of titles that would benefit it today... and that's nothing good optimization wouldn't fix.
Anyway - I am all in ps5 this gen and it's great

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
I want ps5 pro.. although I struggle to find a point and place for it.
Really just a handful of titles that would benefit it today... and that's nothing good optimization wouldn't fix.
Anyway - I am all in ps5 this gen and it's great
I'm not sure how many people are in my spot but I bought several PS5 exclusives in the past 6 months that I've intentionally stop playing early on (FF7 Rebirth, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin) because I want to experience them on the Pro.

Reactions: DocRay

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Will Nintendo reveal anything tomorrow as well? Another Mario & Luigi Trailer featuring "PRO" Brother move abilities?
It's not Nintendo's style to rain on others' parade.

They even postponed the announcement for Zelda Tears of the Kingdom when Queen Elizabeth died earlier that week.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I'm not sure how many people are in my spot but I bought several PS5 exclusives in the past 6 months that I've intentionally stop playing early on (FF7 Rebirth, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin) because I want to experience them on the Pro.
yeah good luck waiting then.
I wouldn't count on pro patches for those games.
Rebirth is perfectly fine at 4k30.
Stellar Blade got like the best 60fps mode out of any recent games. what are you waiting for

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
yeah good luck waiting then.
I wouldn't count on pro patches for those games.
Rebirth is perfectly fine at 4k30.
Stellar Blade got like the best 60fps mode out of any recent games. what are you waiting for
Would be really pity if those games won't get it Pro patch.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz