PlayStation adds PC icon on PS5 trophies lists - via @Zuby_Tech

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yeah, they have a launcher coming...
2d3505f1-f45c-467b-bd11-b41d9baae1d3_text.gif

If they remove their games from Steam it's going to be hilarious how much hate they are going to get. I can't wait to see the bloodbath.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Why is this showing on PlayStation though? Like are they really this dumb or Totoki doing this himself? Lmao

Marketing 101 why would you put PC on your primary platform? Are you that dumb to blatantly now tell PS owners to get a PC if they want? Lmao

Putting PS5 on PC makes sense but PC on PS5? 🤣

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
2d3505f1-f45c-467b-bd11-b41d9baae1d3_text.gif

If they remove their games from Steam it's going to be hilarious how much hate they are going to get. I can't wait to see the bloodbath.
Yeah gonna be fun.

Assuming they do have a launcher coming would be a huge L if they back off due to whining.

Launcher only works if sony willing to drop steam. But they need to be willing to take a hit on sales.

If they have the game on both steam and their own store might aswell pack things up now with the idea of a launcher.

Either way they are gonna look dumb.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Why is this showing on PlayStation though? Like are they really this dumb or Totoki doing this himself? Lmao

Marketing 101 why would you put PC on your primary platform? Are you that dumb to blatantly now tell PS owners to get a PC if they want? Lmao

Putting PS5 on PC makes sense but PC on PS5? 🤣
PS overlay on PC and crossprogression maybe. You have the same across PS3,4, 5 and Vita.

Or they're just trying to unify the whole thing. It's PS so it can be anything...

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Honestly I thought a PS Launcher would be at least 10 years from now, but I guess SIE are moving on those plans faster than expected (if this is what that is indicating).

Their launcher would only work if they make their games exclusive to it, and get aggressive with 3P support for the launcher. There have to be some form of cross-buy perks for console & launcher users that don't completely dis-incentivize double-dipping. They have to find a way to monetize the launcher even without a PS+ sub or a user buying a game. They have to make sure they have at least most of the same features Steam does if not more, and try bringing those features to the console if they are missing over there.

It is going to be a lot of work, and it'll be interesting to see if SIE can pull it off. But otherwise, nothing matters if they don't have new games, that goes for both the launcher and their console.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Honestly I thought a PS Launcher would be at least 10 years from now, but I guess SIE are moving on those plans faster than expected (if this is what that is indicating).

Their launcher would only work if they make their games exclusive to it, and get aggressive with 3P support for the launcher. There have to be some form of cross-buy perks for console & launcher users that don't completely dis-incentivize double-dipping.
This plus a lot more. Better refund policies, written reviews, unified social features (forums accessible from the launcher, like Steam), digital game gifting, They have A LOT to do to compete with Steam and they just don't look confident/competent enough.

Maybe they'll be satisfied with what little sales do get for now.

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Their launcher would only work if they make their games exclusive to it, and get aggressive with 3P support for the launcher. There have to be some form of cross-buy perks for console & launcher users that don't completely dis-incentivize double-dipping. They have to find a way to monetize the launcher even without a PS+ sub or a user buying a game. They have to make sure they have at least most of the same features Steam does if not more, and try bringing those features to the console if they are missing over there.

It is going to be a lot of work, and it'll be interesting to see if SIE can pull it off. But otherwise, nothing matters if they don't have new games, that goes for both the launcher and their console.
Hence my thread on the subject.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
There is no launcher planned that we know of, whatever you read about rumors was clickbait. There was no launcher mentioned in any Spider-Man files.

But people here keep going with it for some reason.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
PS overlay on PC and crossprogression maybe. You have the same across PS3,4, 5 and Vita.

Or they're just trying to unify the whole thing. It's PS so it can be anything...
Even so there's no reason to put it on PS5? The whole point is to still try to push PC players to your platform. Let them know they can have cross-progresion with PlayStation whenever they want. I highly doubt PS5 owners will be double dipping this on PC

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Even so there's no reason to put it on PS5? The whole point is to still try to push PC players to your platform. Let them know they can have cross-progresion with PlayStation whenever they want. I highly doubt PS5 owners will be double dipping this on PC
I don't think they can separate it. It's a unified system/network and if they start publishing on PC directly, it'll just be another platform. You'll probably see all other PS consoles while using this on PC too.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
With recent news of Sarah Bond saying that they moving to launch their platform on mobile and rumours of Xbox itself going to support Steam, this is simply gonna speed up Sony's eco-system bs launcher. I will be curious if PS goes to ''compete'' in what manner with Steam: if they simply take the 3rd party support from console over to PC in their store and titles like FF16/Rebirth when get ported are ''exclusive'' or just publish on Steam regardless since it's an open-platform.
I can see a strat of moving to 1 year console, then PS launcher and after 2 years on Steam for SP.

Would be faster than expected by that point, I prob join the doomers about the inevitable console degradation and chasing MS failures.

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Now it will be impossible to make any statistics on PSN trophies, because now, as in the case of XBOX, the results can be falsified by cheaters.

Generally speaking, this is another blow to PS's sales and future.