PlayStation adds PC icon on PS5 trophies lists - via @Zuby_Tech

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yeah gonna be fun.

Assuming they do have a launcher coming would be a huge L if they back off due to whining.

Launcher only works if sony willing to drop steam. But they need to be willing to take a hit on sales.

If they have the game on both steam and their own store might aswell pack things up now with the idea of a launcher.

Either way they are gonna look dumb.
No matter what, it's going to be a huge L for Sony, they went out of their way to be in this position.

Reactions: J_Paganel

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I love how the only ones wanting a PS launcher is sony people. Are you guys planning on moving to PC?

I do hope they do it, because it will be a hilarious failure.

Yeah as if PC gamers cared about like trophies and cross buy, cross progression. Leave your games at the door, we transfer the money and GTFO. That's all the interaction we want to have with Sony.

They are in their right to do it and cut the middleman. I just don't trust them to do a good job.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Banana

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
If anyone can compete with Steam, it's Sony.

How so? Epic Games has one of the biggest games on the planet (Fortnite) and still failed.

What does Sony have?

never-thought-about-it-like-that-before-v0-6jizwtxhowqc1.png

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
I always enjoy the aging demographic of Steam gamers conflating PC with only Steam.
You mean Roblox, Minecraft, League of Legends, Fortnite etc. all failed having their own launcher not being on Steam? They do have one thing in common, a younger demographic. Hell Battlenet wasn't on Steam prior to the MS purchase.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Hopefully brother. This will mark the end of Sony's vile PC ambitions!
If they launch their own PC storefront, the already meagre sales will plummet further, unless they can offer a storefront that is on the same high level of Steam, with great refund policies, and great review system and even then, it would be an uphill battle. No way in hell they achieve that, especially from day one.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Sony just had to stay the course while Xbox is imploding before our eyes but they just had to go and copy their every moves instead 🤡

I'm starting to believe they have people like Phil, Yurinka and Miku on the board pushing for that direction 🤦‍♂️
How Dana would say : Tito Ortiz would step over dollars to pick up dimes just because it would be his way...

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Sony and Microsoft's three-step strategy seems to be:

Step 1. Put exclusives on PC.
Step 2. ???
Step 3. Profit.

What a time to be alive when Microsoft say buy an Xbox or pc to play Xbox exclusives and then Sony say buy a playstation or pc to play playstation exclusives.

For the cost of both consoles, you can buy a PC. It's a no brainer.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
2d3505f1-f45c-467b-bd11-b41d9baae1d3_text.gif

If they remove their games from Steam it's going to be hilarious how much hate they are going to get. I can't wait to see the bloodbath.
They should do it. I would gain some respect for them if they were willing to just fuck off of steam and do their own thing, and not become a slave to steam sales.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I always enjoy the aging demographic of Steam gamers conflating PC with only Steam.
You mean Roblox, Minecraft, League of Legends, Fortnite etc. all failed having their own launcher not being on Steam? They do have one thing in common, a younger demographic. Hell Battlenet wasn't on Steam prior to the MS purchase.

Honestly GOG is better anyways, you actually own the game DRM free

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

This is what steam fanboys don't realize.

Some of the largest games on PC aren't even on Steam and had no problem gaining an audience without steam.

I take it back. They do realize it and they're afraid of what that means.

Fortnite - not on steam
Minecraft - not on steam
Roblox - not on steam
Lol/Valorant - not on steam
Rocket League - not on steam

That people are convinced that games can't be successful on steam despite the evidence is really everything you need to know. Sony's PC launcher will house their GaaS games as well as their single player games. Maybe some of these games are on steam and maybe some of them aren't. Sony will also look to throw some of their exclusive budget from foreclosing on Xbox to foreclosing on steam.

They will slowly build out a 3rd party platform and it's simply increased revenue.

When/if Helldivers goes F2P, they could launch it F2P exclusively on the PSN PC Store. We'll see if Sony can keep their quality standards as they embrace more GaaS type games.

It's so interesting to see people so shortsighted when it comes to Sony's PC plans, but often fanboy blinders go up first.

All of this to say that Sony could have 1/20th the users of Steam on their launcher and still be successful. And this is also where I think Sony will start to buy some more studios and why they MIGHT buy a company like FromSoftware/Kadokawa to launch Elden Ring 2 exclusively on PlayStation platforms.

I do think we'll see Sony slowly walk away from Steam in the years to come as they shift more and more of their focus on their own launcher and storefront, but there are some things we generally know, like Marathon has a planned Steam release and it isn't coming out until 2025, but we also know that it wasn't planned to release for 2025, so that could always change.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Why is this showing on PlayStation though? Like are they really this dumb or Totoki doing this himself? Lmao
I assume it may be to differentiate if you got the trophy on PS5 or PC, for games with both versions.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Sont must be pretty confident the on the PS5 Pro, you gotta be running a 4080 or better to out class it.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I assume it may be to differentiate if you got the trophy on PS5 or PC, for games with both versions.
Yes, it will. Like with Vita games, unless they have the same version as it was with PS3/Vita, they shared it.