PlayStation Announces Hermen Hulst And Hideaki Nishino As Its New CEO's!

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I will say this about Hulst, he is a way better speaker than Jim Ryan. Hulst has shown more charisma than Jimbo.
charisma means SHIT in this industry, are you playing charisma from Phil Spencer on Xbox these 10 years he's been a CEO?

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Horizon up the arse

Horizon RPG
Horizon Motorsport
Horizon Horizon
Horizon Kart
Horizon Sport
Horizon RTS
Horizon Civilization.
Horizon Survival (Early Access on PC)

And that whole slate! Keep em comin' start with bang Bloodborne/Demons souls value combo.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Screenshot-20240514-011911-Chrome.jpg

Still one of the best moments

I’m going to give Hermen his dues here. That was an epic moment and can’t wait for the final product.

Reactions: Puff

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
1 - Hermen at least has the expertize in singleplayer development, he won't enforce GAAs shit on singleplayer studios like Jim Ryan tried to

2 - he's doing a great job controlling the quality of PS Studios titles this gen, what he needs to do now is not let studios surpass 300M dollars in budget, always stay bellow 250M, inside the 200M mark or below that

3 - he probably won't be extremely aggressive about PC, or at least he won't enforce PC development together with Console for first party studios cause he knows the effect it'll have in the quality of the games for both platforms (a.k.a just look at TLOUP1 PC that was rushed to launch in time with the TV Show)

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
1 - Hermen at least has the expertize in singleplayer development, he won't enforce GAAs shit on singleplayer studios like Jim Ryan tried to

2 - he's doing a great job controlling the quality of PS Studios titles this gen, what he needs to do now is not let studios surpass 300M dollars in budget, always stay bellow 250M, inside the 200M mark or below that

3 - he probably won't be extremely aggressive about PC, or at least he won't enforce PC development together with Console for first party studios cause he knows the effect it'll have in the quality of the games for both platforms (a.k.a just look at TLOUP1 PC that was rushed to launch in time with the TV Show)
Hermen is literally all about GaaS 💀🤣. The guy is behind the multiplayer push that happened.

Didn't Jim Ryan have to walk back Hermen PC release timeline? And extend it by an extra year? Lol

PlayStation Studios was never in. Disarray until he took over and started instilling all his Guerrilla goons yes men

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Horizon up the arse

Horizon RPG
Horizon Motorsport
Horizon Horizon
Horizon Kart
Horizon Sport
Horizon RTS
Horizon Civilization.
Horizon Survival (Early Access on PC)

And that whole slate! Keep em comin' start with bang Bloodborne/Demons souls value combo.

Horizon boogaloo

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
2 makes sense as the 2 have their strengths and weakness.
Herman can give 2 shits about hw and psn but is great with studios and devs. While Nishino is already strong with the hardware and user experience with the hardware.
2 is better than 1. Nishino and Cerny is gonna knock ps6 out the park and Herman will deliver on software as he always have.

Reactions: Vertigo
OP
OP
Luffy123

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Ominous.... so they are basically splitting all the studios away from the platform?

Hermen hasn't shown much capacity in my opinion, I really don't get it...

That’s what I don’t get. It’s now it’s only studio group

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
No they are not. This just means Nishino is responsible for 3rd Party relationships, negotiations including M&A.
Platforms, plural, if they bothered changing the title of their CEO so that they would fit PC and mobile in there than PlayStation is on the way out.

PlayStation outlasted Xbox but not by much, they have zero faith that console is the future of gaming, likely they have no faith that consoles have a future at all.

Hermen is literally all about GaaS 💀🤣. The guy is behind the multiplayer push that happened.

Didn't Jim Ryan have to walk back Hermen PC release timeline? And extend it by an extra year? Lol

PlayStation Studios was never in. Disarray until he took over and started instilling all his Guerrilla goons yes men

By all indication he has been the guy pushing for PC releases all along. The first two big games released on Steam used Decima and had his direct involvement in making it happen.

I remember very ealry on an interview where he made it pretty clear that GaaS game would be day 1 on PC and that the release windows would become much shorter (at a time where people were still in denial about PlayStation games going to PC).

Now that they hit gold with Helldivers 2 all the credit must've gone to him.

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
My read of two CEOs is hardware and software. Nintendo used to be run like this, there's nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: Cool hand luke