PlayStation co-CEO Hideaki Nishino says consoles will remain the core of their business

theolreverend

15 Sep 2024
console game piracy? on ps4.... a dead system
I get nuance and other perspectives are difficult concepts for people in their teens are twenties but looking things up a bit would spare you from having wrong opinions.

PS5 is still considered a new platform and thus only about 35-40% of the active PlayStation user base has one.

Over half of all PS players are still on PS4 while 5-10% are still on PS3 or older consoles.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
They really aren't going to realise their mistakes with PC until they reach the end of the gen and fall tens of millions short of PS4

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I get nuance and other perspectives are difficult concepts for people in their teens are twenties but looking things up a bit would spare you from having wrong opinions.

PS5 is still considered a new platform and thus only about 35-40% of the active PlayStation user base has one.

Over half of all PS players are still on PS4 while 5-10% are still on PS3 or older consoles.
That doesn't matter though.
PS4 is not the main earner anymore and still - piracy on consoles is nothing compared to pc.
These countries with heavy piracy would not count as sales otherwise anyway.

And lol I am 35. I have life of piracy behind me when I was a teen. I know.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Oh man, is that true?

That's crazy!

So how you gonna explain the rampant console game piracy in Southeast Asia, China or India?
The console piracy stopped being a major issue when the PS3 launched. Source: The country I live in.

Damn, man. You PC players are coming out of the woodwork. A piece of plastic really shook you to the core. Must be miserable having a piece of plastic be your entire personality and life. Imagine taking a picture with your plastic box and using that as your profile pic. Pathetic creature.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Landiri

theolreverend

15 Sep 2024
That doesn't matter though.
PS4 is not the main earner anymore and still - piracy on consoles is nothing compared to pc.

And lol I am 35. I have life of piracy behind me when I was a teen. I know.
My dude, if you're only 2 years younger than me, it would serve you to develop the ability to conceptualise and empathise with perspectives outside of your own.

For example, the perspective of the 50-60% of PS players who are still on a PS4.

So it really does matter, because only a fraction of PS games are PS5 exclusives — 90% of Sony's game earnings still come from cross-gen titles.

As for me, well, I haven't pirated anything since 2010 — and I was still living in Romania until 2016. Hell, 99% of the friends I game with are PC players and none of them pirate anything because it's simply nowhere near as convenient as Steam.

Most pirates are in the Eastern Bloc, Asia and India. You said it yourself: they were never going to buy anything to begin with. The part you forgot is that this is just as true for PS games as it is for PC.

theolreverend

15 Sep 2024
The console piracy stopped being a major issue when the PS3 launched. Source: The country I live in.

Damn, man. You PC players are coming out of the woodwork. A piece of plastic really shook you to the core. Must be miserable having a piece of plastic be your entire personality and life. Imagine taking a picture with your plastic box and using that as your profile pic. Pathetic creature.
What actually brought me here is finding out on Reddit that a bunch of whinging dipshits are crying that some games will be shared with others.

And what kind of gamer hates on DOOM? lmao

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
.... yeah. Just like PC pirates. A good chunk of pirates either were never planning to buy the game anyways, or were going to buy after playing the pirated version (it serves as a demo)

.... what country?? We have no clue where you live. Seems like a source from rectum.org more than anything

Reactions: theolreverend

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
.... yeah. Just like PC pirates. A good chunk of pirates either were never planning to buy the game anyways, or were going to buy after playing the pirated version (it serves as a demo)

.... what country?? We have no clue where you live. Seems like a source from rectum.org more than anything
yeah.
I was pirating a ton as a kid. If piracy was not a thing... lol my parents would not buy me these games anyway.
That said - with piracy I learned a ton about computers usage since you really had to work around starforce back in the day and earlier lol.
And that said - I've not pirated anything in good... 15 years or so.

theolreverend

15 Sep 2024
yeah.
I was pirating a ton as a kid. If piracy was not a thing... lol my parents would not buy me these games anyway.
That said - with piracy I learned a ton about computers usage since you really had to work around starforce back in the day and earlier lol.
And that said - I've not pirated anything in good... 15 years or so.
So why throw around unkind accusations?

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
on Reddit
Yes, obviously.

Sums It Up The Office GIF

Reactions: rofif