PlayStation E3 2016, the last truly amazing Showcase they did. Now 8 years of "Meh" since.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
The event later in the year, most saying around September, is going to change your goddamn dooming moods y'all. They've been cooking and it's high time they did one of these, but till then continue dooming I guess, I'll be enjoying games knowing it is coming rather than being nostalgic for the best event there was.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
The event later in the year, most saying around September, is going to change your goddamn dooming moods y'all. They've been cooking and it's high time they did one of these, but till then continue dooming I guess, I'll be enjoying games knowing it is coming rather than being nostalgic for the best event there was.
Xbox had a great show but it doesnt matter as much because they're multiplatform now. Same with Sony, even if it's a great show. They both shot themselves in the foot

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
#SonyToo lmao
Good luck trying to play Sony first party games on your waste of silicon eXbox

seYJh9H.png

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Xbox had a great show but it doesnt matter as much because they're multiplatform now. Same with Sony, even if it's a great show. They both shot themselves in the foot
Still sony got cooked this year on gaming showcase

This is where us the hardcore fans need to be more vocal on sony social media and demand better

The coorporate playstation yes man fan who follow 100% whatever direction sony is doing right now wont be doing anything about it will only parroting what the executives told them

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
#SonyToo lmao
Good luck trying to play Sony first party games on your waste of silicon eXbox
Sony too is true sadly, and Xbox wont exist in a few years but they'll be on the Switch 2/PC day 1.

This is where us the hardcore fans need to be more vocal on sony social media and demand better

The coorporate playstation yes man fan who follow 100% whatever direction sony is doing right now wont be doing anything about it will only parroting what the executives told them
They don't care about what hardcore fans have to say lmao, they delete comments criticizing them on the PSBlog.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
10 companies named and you'd probably be able to name two genuine critical and commercial hits since PS2
Psygnosis / Liverpool Studio / Evolution / Firesprite: Wipeout, Motorstorm series
Soho / London: Singstar, Eyetoy, Buzz! series, PS Home
MM: LBP series, Tearaway
Guerrilla: Killzone & Horizon series
QD + XDEV: Heavy Rain, Detroit
Housemarque + XDEV: Super Stardust seies, Resogun, Returnal
Arrowhead + XDEV: Helldivers series
Supermassive + XDEV: Until Dawn

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

jimmy289

5 Feb 2024
Sony will never have a show as great as what Xbox just did. It's impossible really unless they acquire a few mega publishers themselves.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony will never have a show as great as what Xbox just did. It's impossible really unless they acquire a few mega publishers themselves.
The average quality of our users is at an all time low. The stench of green rats is all over this place now.

Lol Sony has had several e3 presentations better than this. Quality > Quantity
PlayStation used to have both Xbox has neither. People are just easily duped by games being re-announced again and again and MS trying to hide the fact that most of the games shown will release day on on PS5.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Today is also the 6 year anniversary of Sonys E3 2018 show. I know it may not be up to the height of the 2016 show but man it had that awesome RE2 trailer, Kingdom hearts 3 trailer, Death Stranding gameplay, TLOU pt2 gameplay, an awesome Spider-Man trailer, and an awesome Ghost of Tsushima Trailer. It maybe brought down with that weird intermission of moving everybody between areas but it was still overall awesome and they uswd that time to announce god of war new game plus and cod black ops 3 coming to ps plus. I think it was stil an amazing showing overall.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom and Umar

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
2020 PS5 reveel was decent, but it was the minimum after not getting a show with new reveals in 2019. Coming in hot after PS4 I expected a bit more.

After that all I remember outside of FF16 in September, was repeats of Deathloop, Kena, Hogwarts, TokyoGhost Wire. When it came to new reveals, from PS Studios, it wasnt good after 2020 shows

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They could easily show 5 top games from there studios like ND, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, add in some 3rd party reveals and excluisves and it could easily be bigger than Xbox show.

Will Sony, probably not. They seem to like C level shows now

Reactions: Sircaw

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Guys tomorrow (June 13th) is the 8 year Anniversary of PlayStation's E3 2016 showing. Meaning it is the 8 Year Anniversary of Resident Evil VII: Biohazard, God of War 2018, Farpoint, Spider-Man 2018, Days Gone, and Death Stranding!

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

The year is not over. Lol

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Nah, E3 2018 was incredible (even though it was confusing as fuck 😂) The showcases leading up to the PS5 were also great. And there’s been a ton of SoPs that made me lose my shit. Things have kinda calmed down in recent years and we don’t get that those “E3 of dreams” anymore but I don’t fully agree it’s all been “meh”, not in the slightest.

I think the last two years have been kind of sullying people’s perception of the past, which is understandable as there’s been some truly bum showings (2023 showcase 😂), coupled with this being a fairly weird gen in terms of cross-gen games, it feels tepid in comparison to the PS4 era but there’s been plenty to look back positively.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Nah, E3 2018 was incredible (even though it was confusing as fuck 😂) The showcases leading up to the PS5 were also great. And there’s been a ton of SoPs that made me lose my shit. Things have kinda calmed down in recent years and we don’t get that those “E3 of dreams” anymore but I don’t fully agree it’s all been “meh”, not in the slightest.

I think the last two years have been kind of sullying people’s perception of the past, which is understandable as there’s been some truly bum showings (2023 showcase 😂), coupled with this being a fairly weird gen in terms of cross-gen games, it feels tepid in comparison to the PS4 era but there’s been plenty to look back positively.
Sony's E3 2018 got the same treatment their E3 2014 showing got. For what ever reason people thought Xbox killed it in 2014 with scalebound, project spark, and phantom dust remake, and crackdown and only one of those would actually release and it was nearly half a decade later. Nitnendo showed off splatoon, mario maker, zeldu wii u, and blurred star fox wii u footage and while splatoon reviewed great, zelda wii u would be cross gen, and mario maker and star fox would mostly disappoint esspecially star fox.

People crapped on Sony's E3 2014 and 2018 showing despite them being pretty well done.