I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
We'll see. An August show would make sense to:
  • show TLOU PT I gameplay
  • show GOWR gameplay
  • Announce those rumored live service games
  • Perhaps show a trailer or early gameplay video (like Ragnarok got months ago) related to Spiderman 2

Most likely.

While curious...those live service games dont usually 'do it' for me.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Most likely.

While curious...those live service games dont usually 'do it' for me.
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, Sony has an event confirmed for August 5th-7th. It's called EVO and it's the most important fighting game tournament in the world, where they make fighting game related announcements in their finals:

I could see Sony making a fighting game/action game related SoP during its finals featuring these fighting game announcements (this year they may announce stuff like Tekken 8 or Mortal Kombat 12 in addition to SF6 stuff, and who knows if some Sony acquisition) plus some GoWR gameplay.

The GoWR game director was combat director in the previous games, so make sure the game will feature good combat and the EVO crowd would appreciate it.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Yes, Sony has an event confirmed for August 5th-7th. It's called EVO and it's the most important fighting game tournament in the world, where they make fighting game related announcements in their finals:

I could see Sony making a fighting game/action game related SoP during its finals featuring these fighting game announcements (this year they may announce stuff like Tekken 8 or Mortal Kombat 12 in addition to SF6 stuff, and who knows if some Sony acquisition) plus some GoWR gameplay.

The GoWR game director was combat director in the previous games, so make sure the game will feature good combat and the EVO crowd would appreciate it.

It'd be kind of hilarious if the rumor is actually related to EVO, but with that in mind, it could make some strategic sense. A lot of people in the FGC scene are into stuff like GOW, they'd get pretty hyped for it.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
is this what people call : "Moving the Goal Post"

Every month Sony has a a show in the works I tell you. Is the True-True!!!!!

Reactions: Ezekiel

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Yes, Sony has an event confirmed for August. It's called EVO.
OMG, Abby confirmed for Street Fighter 6

Logic would dictate that there would be a State of Play right before TLOU Remake like all their new releases. So having a show right before release in September points to an August show.

I'll be a confirmed insider when I'm proven right. Someone told me 😉

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It'd be kind of hilarious if the rumor is actually related to EVO, but with that in mind, it could make some strategic sense. A lot of people in the FGC scene are into stuff like GOW, they'd get pretty hyped for it.
I can also tell you to "expect someting in [insert here any month of the year]" and be right because they announce many things every month, or have any kind of event or announce stuff in PS blog posts.

In the case of August in addition to potential SoP/showcase/etc they have EVO or Gamescom to name a couple of things.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
If this is true God of war trailer/gameplay would be obvious, but I wonder if Sony will be the one to get some Resident Evil 4 Remake Gameplay footage. I think we are might some KOTOR Remake gameplay if that game is planned for a release close to the 20 year anniversary of the original next year. But the most exciting stuff will be new reveals from Sony's first party and big third party studios. i want to see what blue point is working on.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Pretty easy thing to "leak" when you give a month and no details of what's going to be at the event. I should become an insider

Sony have definitely made it hard for any leaks to be credible at all.... that Geronimo guy on twitter got wrecked the last time he predicted something.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
We'll see. An August show would make sense to:
  • show TLOU PT I gameplay
  • show GOWR gameplay
  • Announce those rumored live service games
  • Perhaps show a trailer or early gameplay video (like Ragnarok got months ago) related to Spiderman 2

and announce the Returnal and Sackboy ports 👀

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Satoru

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
the reason i find this believable is because TLOU is releasing on September 2nd so I feel like Sony is going to want to show it off before then.

I just hope we get a look into the the next two years of games with hopefully some new IP. I dont need a state of play for ragnarok and tlou tbh

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cragarmi

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Can't remember what exact date I predicted many months ago, but it was end of August! 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.