OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I predict the next sony show will occur at some point in the next 12 months.

If Serrano said the sentence above, we could all pretty much guarantee there wouldn't be any show.

Did you see him claim that he advised Cory Barlog when to launch?

• haha
Reactions: Cragarmi

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Hey, do you like the tag? :p

I dunno, it's definitely possible that it is parody, if it is...then it's genius. If not.... oh dear!
Yeah. Fits like a glove. Thanks Bryan.

Imagine claiming you collaborated with the not director of GOW:R on how to market GOW:R. Holy fuck.

I spoke to Tim Burton on how to market The Batman (2022) and I'm glad he listened. 🤔

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yeah. Fits like a glove. Thanks Bryan.

Imagine claiming you collaborated with the not director of GOW:R on how to market GOW:R. Holy fuck.

I spoke to Tim Burton on how to market The Batman (2022) and I'm glad he listened. 🤔

Who wouldn't listen to Dick Jones?!

If they didn't, they might get cashed out of the game... :p

But, yeah it makes no sense.

24 Jun 2022
I can also tell you to "expect someting in [insert here any month of the year]" and be right because they announce many things every month, or have any kind of event or announce stuff in PS blog posts.

In the case of August in addition to potential SoP/showcase/etc they have EVO or Gamescom to name a couple of things.

That's why when it comes to rumors or leakers, the only ones I really follow are the hardware-related ones, because it's a lot harder to backtrack if you get something wrong.

"Oh, I said that new Nvidia GPU was gonna have 32 GB L4$?" "Why isn't it there at all? Don't ask me man, but I was right when I said it at the time!". Nah, that won't work on me 🤣

If this is true God of war trailer/gameplay would be obvious, but I wonder if Sony will be the one to get some Resident Evil 4 Remake Gameplay footage. I think we are might some KOTOR Remake gameplay if that game is planned for a release close to the 20 year anniversary of the original next year. But the most exciting stuff will be new reveals from Sony's first party and big third party studios. i want to see what blue point is working on.

Some wicked RE4 & KOTOR Remake footage would be awesome.

Yep Sony are tighter for leaks than a mermaids Tampax!

As it should be. The Xbox leakers put way too much out there and I don't want that happening with Sony or Nintendo's games. Stuff like that Project Midnight game would have a bigger impact on me if info, concept art and details weren't already leaked way earlier.

So FWIW, I hope MS crack down on their leakers too, tho I think in their case they use them for continued online & social media discussion of the brand. Which I guess is kind of required given the lack of 1P or big 3P releases for their system this year, or games with any long-lasting mainstream presence (for good reasons, so Halo Infinite is disqualified).

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Its also bad because it raises expectations to unachievable levels.

Look how much false looks came out about pplaystation in the last year, sly cooper, motorstorm, infamous…one of the big leakers that post on era was claiming that the ps premium tier would launch with a huge selection of ps1 titles, like 100 games.

None of that happened, and it just ended up pissing people off who ended up pissing the devs off.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Wasn’t the june one a small one and we get a nice Playstation event in September?
I don’t really believe any of these event or game rumours anymroe, its been pretty bad this gen

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Wasn’t the june one a small one and we get a nice Playstation event in September?
I don’t really believe any of these event or game rumours anymroe, its been pretty bad this gen

Yeah, they still have to update and announce new first party titles. Theres two GAAS they have to announce (or one with factions) PSVR titles which probably include a new Astrobot game, Spider-man 2 update, and theres a few studios that im sure ready to show games.

I think we will get a Horizon Story DLC announcement, PC Port dates, Spider-man 2 footage, Firewalks game, Twisted Metal, A few more PSVR2 titles, Guerrillas other game, a new 3rd party exclusive….etc

Status
Not open for further replies.