PlayStation is laying off around 900 people across the world [Discussion]

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Of course I disagree with everything you're saying and also your points are poorly supported. But it's glaring that the people whose livelihood is wrapped up in knowing the facts are doing the opposite of what you think.
It doesn't matter if you disagree, without Playstation and Xbox Scraps your preferred platform has no games... So obviously you will disagree.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I blame Shawn Layden for all this PC nonsense. Which I'm sure he got the idea from one of his many chats with his Best friend Phil Spencer ... Who also almost convinced him Exclusive deals were suddenly bad.
I think it is all thanks to Death Stranding.

Deathstranding lead to the Horizon port since it's they share the same engine.

It doesn't matter if you disagree, without Playstation and Xbox Scraps your preferred platform has no games... So obviously you will disagree.
The irony is that PC players don't even buy the games, they are all about GaaS, F2P, mobas, etc.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
the interesting part isn't that i disagree. it's that you disagree so fervently with the last 3 leaders of Playstation, presumably the console you favor. i'm led to believe xbox people actually like Phil Spencer. at what point do you conclude that you're just not a Playstation person and haven't been for a long time?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I think it is all thanks to Death Stranding.

Deathstranding lead to the Horizon port since it's they share the same engine.

The irony is that PC players don't even buy the games, they are all about GaaS, F2P, mobas, etc.
Death Strandind had to be PC unfortunately that was Kojima's stance to go exclusive with them. I guess Andrew House blindly agreed because he wanted the first Kojima game after Konami on PlayStation.

But this PC stuff didn't start till Mr. Layden and he's gloated about it ever his Playstation exit.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
the interesting part isn't that i disagree. it's that you disagree so fervently with the last 3 leaders of Playstation, presumably the console you favor. i'm led to believe xbox people actually like Phil Spencer. at what point do you conclude that you're just not a Playstation person and haven't been for a long time?
Who are the last 3 leaders of PlayStation I've disagreed with? Other than Jim Ryan?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
totoki, ryan, layden, probably on the wrong side of yoshida too.
Layden was never a PlayStation CEO and I don't hate him? He was fantastic as Chairman of PlayStation studios. He was great at building up the community and keeping a constant dialog going with the community and the industry. However I can still blame him for a decision he pushed into the company?

Totoki isn't a PlayStation guy either 😉
The man doesn't even like games or respect PlayStation. I'm sure if HE could get away with it, he'd sell the department but shareholders will axe him.

Reactions: Box

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Someone please check on the clowns @nongkris and @KnittedKnight
Remember when they were preaching constantly that AAA Holywood blockbusters, GaaS and the westernisation of PlayStation are Sony’s future? 🤡🤡🤡
One famous quote by them:
“The least Sony needs is Japanese or Asian games. They need to go all-in GaaS. This were the future lies. Japanese games are for retarded weebs” 🤡🤡🤡
Both of you Jim Ryan cheerleaders must be crying bitter tears right now. Really grant it to you Japanese hating bozos.
I think what you should be checking is your meds.

Rent free and still hurt. So much so that you've created crazy strawmans completely devoid of truth from which to launch personal attacks.

Feel both pity and disgust. Seek help kiddo.

@Nhomnhom clearly not in the right headspace with that fire emoji, to say the least. At the edge of the cliff if you will...

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
5 years and nothing to show for it, he needs to go
His last game was 2020... And wasn't working on Factions. I have my issues with his ascension within Naughty Dog but he definitely shouldn't be fired.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I think what you should be checking is your meds.

Rent free and still hurt. So much so that you've created crazy strawmans completely devoid of truth from which to launch personal attacks.
Nah they all know how much shit you were talking about Japanese games. You’re an exorbitant hater of Japanese gaming culture, anybody knows here. When people were bringing up they want Sony to buy more Japanese devs you had a meltdown. You were crying that Sony meeds to focus on buying western studios with focus on Live Service games. I would love to see your agonised face. Said it once you’re a western hypocrite. Go to Microsoft, there you an enjoy your future of Live Service games. 🤣

Edit: You also were insulting people as brain-dead because they preferred Japanese games.
@Bryank75 can confirm this.
How did you again…Japanese games are only for retarded weebs? Loser.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Nah they all know how much shit you were talking about Japanese games. You’re an exorbitant hater of Japanese gaming culture, anybody knows here. When people were bringing up they want Sony to buy more Japanese devs you had a meltdown. You were crying that Sony meeds to focus on buying western studios with focus on Live Service games. I would love to see your agonised face. Said it once you’re a western hypocrite. Go to Microsoft, there you an enjoy your future of Live Service games. 🤣
Half truths mixed with fantasy for a dirty discombobulated strawman.

You're clearly scarred inside from our previous encounters. To think your little pea brain thought this was your chance to get back is crazy, specially in the manner you're going about it. A militant weeb with mental issues - only cold hard fact.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Wow they killed London Studios and Firesprite hit with layoffs before they can release what they are truly working on.

I blame VR 🤐
Studio London already released a gazillion games since 2002, here you have them, and they weren't working on a VR game:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Studio

Firesprite already released Horizon CoM and they weren't working a VR game, but instead MP action game that featured car combat and a dark horror adventure. They have been working and hiring people for both games during years.

So their MP game shouldn't be the Twisted Metal that Jason said got cancelled because he said it was in early stages and still not greenlighted.

I love how Jim on his way out had to put his name to this. Totoki is a pussy who can't even front up to his own moves
I thoght the same, made him clean the house before leaving so Totoki wouldn't be the one bringing the bad news when becoming interm CEO in April and passing the role to the next one.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Inappropriate language
Half truths mixed with fantasy for a dirty discombobulated strawman.

You're clearly scarred inside from our previous encounters. To think your little pea brain thought this was your chance to get back is crazy, specially in the manner you're going about it. A militant weeb with mental issues - only cold hard fact.
Aww are you mad now? 🤣
The truth hurts. Well anyway you’re mentally ill western shill. Love to see you seething you clown. 🤡

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Studio London already released a gazillion games since 2002, here you have them, and they weren't working on a VR game:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Studio

Firesprite already released Horizon CoM and they weren't working a VR game, but instead MP action game that featured car combat and a dark horror adventure. They have been working and hiring people for both games during years.

So their MP game shouldn't be the Twisted Metal that Jason said got cancelled because he said it was in early stages and still not greenlighted.
Horizon: CoM was a commerical failure 😉