PlayStation is laying off around 900 people across the world [Discussion]

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
What’s disappointing is that I don’t think twisted metal would’ve been cancelled if development was going well. More arcade racers etc would be nice to see. Unfortunate.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Inappropriate behavior
Aww are you mad now? 🤣
The truth hurts. Well anyway you’re mentally ill western shill. Love to see you seething you clown. 🤡
If you're so sure of your claims start quoting my posts that support your thesis, in the context the post were made, and how they somehow correlate to today's news. Until then you're simply a mentally unstable, pea brain weeb lashing out on old personal grudges.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Under Jim Ryan managed it would have been a matter of time.

Matter of time? Jim Ryan became PS CEO 5 years ago. So, plenty of time to go 3rd party and not a single indication for that in the future. But Xbots are thinking that PS going 3rd party like Xbox. You know, "Sony too". Are you Xbot?

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
What’s disappointing is that I don’t think twisted metal would’ve been cancelled if development was going well. More arcade racers etc would be nice to see. Unfortunate.
They should have let the developers decide to make what they wanted to instead of offloading an old IP unto them.

And I agree we need more arcade racers.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
5 years and nothing to show for it, he needs to go
Why do yo act as if TLOU 2, Uncharted Legacy Collection, its PC port, TLOUP1, its PC port, TLOU2 Remaster, its PC port, the Uncharted movie and TLOU tv show and the cancelled TLOU Online never existed?

Do you also think that Sony never shown the PS5 and that it doesn't exist?

Do you think that the multiple new SP games ND mentioned to have under development (since after TLOU2, apparently one started early 2021 and the other early 2023) should be shown in the past when games nowadays take 6 to 9 years of development? Or do you think they don't exist and ND mentioning they having new SP games under development was part of a reptilian conspiracy?

His last game was 2020... And wasn't working on Factions. I have my issues with his ascension within Naughty Dog but he definitely shouldn't be fired.
He is now the president of ND. All the ND games/projects are his games/projects. TLOU Online, the (minimum) two new SP games they have under development, the remasters, remake and ports, and also movie and tv show.

One of their SP games under development started around H1 2021 and the other in H1 2023. AAA games nowadays take 5 to 9 years to be made, and Sony in recent years doesn't like to show the games until close to release. In addition to this in theory now got rid of crunch.

So nothing wrong there.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They should have let the developers decide to make what they wanted to instead of offloading an old IP unto them.

And I agree we need more arcade racers.

Who’s to say they didn’t want to work on this? They still had a job to do so I don’t necessarily give them a pass ya know just because maybe they didn’t like what they were working on…

I wasn’t even interested in it really but that’s not the point… I want to see more arcade racers that aren’t open world… something anything.

But if they got completely shuttered I can’t help but assume it wasn’t going well.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
If you're so sure of your claims start quoting my posts that support your thesis. Until then you're simply a mentally unstable, pea brain weeb lashing out on old personal grudges.
The truth about your dumbfounded statements must hurt you a lot huh? 🤣
You’re the cancer which came along Jim Ryan.
AAA Holywood sucker. ☠️

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Why do you act as if Horizon CoM, Gran Turismo 7 VR, Firewall Ultra ,Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord, Resident Evil Village VR, Resident Evil 4 VR, the upcoming Metro VR and many other games of its first year, with a bigger support than any other VR device year one featuring more AAA IPs and big VR names than ever, doesn't exist?
I know they exist, it's why I said comparatively. That hand full of games, three years into the gen, isn't anything to write home about, which is the opposite of what PS1,2,3 and 4 had.
Also, Sony is happy with its performance, outperforming PSVR1.

PSVR has almost the totality of the non standalone (high end) VR gaming market, and around a third of the market when also counting standalone Android based ones (low end) like Oculus 2 and previous. Even if it's a market on its early stages, VR gaming is growing every year at a good pace and Sony is well positioned. Specially now that apparently they will open it to PC.
I don't disagree with that in principle but having to open it up to the PC market, after strongly denying they would do that when it launched shows;

A) Sony are liars
B) Sony have no direction and are making it up as they go along.
C) they are hurting real bad and need money desperately.
D) Don't care about the Playstation brand
E) any combination of the above.
PS Vita was a big failure, there's no market outside Nintendo for dedicated portable consoles that require dedicated games. But somewhere in the future a PC handheld that doesn't require dedicated games would make sense
Ps Vita failed because of the dumb memory slot and Sony stubbournly refusing to change it. The Vita, according to the metric that counts, is a highly successful, powerful, fun, versatile platform and is one of, if not the best handheld emulator money can buy.
Sony just mantioned they are very happy with PS Portal performance, which exceeded their expectations. Once they release PS cloud gaming cliend for Android and put it there will work even better.
More dumb decisions. Doubly dumb seems as Microsoft has just bought the mobile market.
I think for the next generation they'll do a PS Portal 2 that will be not only a PS6 remote play accesory and PS cloud gaming portable client, but a portable PC that also will run Sony's PC and Android games featuring crossbuy, crosssave, crossplay between all platforms.
Dumb dumb dumb. I'm glad you don't call the shots.
They had a very successful result with GaaS recently with MLB, Gran Turismo 7 (and Sport), Helldivers 2 and Destiny 2. And for the upcoming ones, make sure at least Concord and Marathon will be even bigger hits.
Press Square to doubt.
Helldivers is only doing well on Steam. It's a bit of a flop console only, which is a shame.
Destiny 2 should have had VR2 support as the game has finished its final curtain call. It's still popular but without a proper sequel or successor in place, it's on borrowed time.
Total bullshit, their first party games and exclusives are selling better than ever. And most of the best selling, top grossing and most played games of their platform are MP, shooters or GaaS, so expand in these 3 areas is giving their core userbase more of what they want.
No, they're not. Their userbase doesn't want GaaS, no one does.
Imagine thinking that Sony, the platform who championed single player games while the whole world erroneously shifted towards MP only, should focus more on GaaS, shooters and MP.
You're absolutely insane.
Evidence: Microsoft did what you suggest and they're doing terribly.
PC and mobile are bigger markets than console, even more than PS. They have the majority of gaming players and revenue. AAA games are very expensive to make, and as shown with this layoff they need more revenue and profit. Which PC is already giving them and mobile will give them too in the future. This is why Sony and all the other publishers are also chasing it.
Remember when consoles chased the bigger market of motion gaming? How did that work out for Microsoft.
PC may be a bigger market, but why be a small fish in a big lake when you can be a shark in a swimming pool?
Sony aren't. They are more successful than ever and have been taking wise and smart long term decisions, including this hurtful layoff.
Lol, lmao even. What planet do you live on? They're doing so well that they've just missed out on their sales projections, have no games this year and are porting all of their games to PC?
Talk about a successful console!! 😂
This layoff, which I assume an important part of them will be in gamedev studios and not only in non gamedev SIE offices, will help them cutting less productive people or initiatives, reducing costs and become more profitable.
Death by a thousand cuts. This is one of the thousand.

It won't negatively affect the brand.
The damage to the brand is already done. Unless Sony do an about face and immediately, like before June, then they can kiss their console business good buy. It may take a generation like it did with Microsoft, but the inevitable is inevitable.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Who’s to say they didn’t want to work on this? They still had a job to do so I don’t necessarily give them a pass ya know just because maybe they didn’t like what they were working on…

I wasn’t even interested in it really but that’s not the point… I want to see more arcade racers that aren’t open world… something anything.

But if they got completely shuttered I can’t help but assume it wasn’t going well.
Well allegedly the game was being worked on by Lucid Games and then that fell apart and it was moved to Firesprite but that's what was said when it happened.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Layden was never a PlayStation CEO and I don't hate him? He was fantastic as Chairman of PlayStation studios. He was great at building up the community and keeping a constant dialog going with the community and the industry.

He tried to copy Phil Spencer ( wearing stupid t-shirts) and tried to pretend that he was one of us. Glad he walked away. I don't like businessman who tried to pretend something that he isn't. Every corpo suit cares about money, not about you, me or community. At least Jim Ryan was pure exec and you don't need to like him, but at least he didn't pretend

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The truth about your dumbfounded statements must hurt you a lot huh? 🤣
You’re the cancer which came along Jim Ryan.
AAA Holywood sucker. ☠️
I think you're avoiding the obvious - your pea brain can't see too far other than the urge to lash out, again:

"If you're so sure of your claims start quoting my posts that support your thesis, in the context the post were made, and how they somehow correlate to today's news."

Simple no?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
He tried to copy Phil Spencer ( wearing stupid t-shirts) and tried to pretend that he was one of us. Glad he walked away. I don't like businessman who tried to pretend something that he isn't. Every corpo suit cares about money, not about you, me or community. At least Jim Ryan was pure exec and you don't need to like him, but at least he didn't pretend
Shawn Delivered games unlike Jim. He understood the importance of community and keeping an open dialog instead of being a dictator. PlayStation worldwide Studios was in good hands with Him and Shu running it.

I don't care how Shawn dressed he was doing the whole T-shirts thing long before Spencer... He was the one who wore the crash T-shirt to PSX to reveal they got back crash.

Praising Jim over him is hilarious though.

Reactions: KvallyX

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I think you're avoiding the obvious - your pea brain can't see too far other than the urge to lash out, again:

"If you're so sure of your claims start quoting my posts that support your thesis, in the context the post were made, and how they somehow correlate to today's news."

Simple no?
Nah dude you’re trying to talk yourself out of the past shit you have been saying.
@Bryank75 can confirm your vile statements you said about Japanese games and people who prefer them over your taste in gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Nah dude you’re trying to talk yourself out of the past shit you have been saying.
@Bryank75 can confirm your vile statements you said about Japanese games and people who prefer them over your shitty taste in gaming. I will clearly not spend time to look out for your ridiculous posts. Well better a pea brain, then having only mentally ill shit in your sick head. You’re a western zombie shill. ☠️
No you simply created a discombobulated strawman with a couple half truths in it in order to launch personal attacks based on an old personal grudge.

And you're now pathetically trying to sniff the website owners ass, and make him bite as your personal bodyguard as a way out... not only for a poor appeal to authority play but also to cover your behind from a potential account ban. Anyone can see through it kiddo.

Running from the pressure. It's simple:

What a sad waste.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony announced no big games even by 2025, which would make it 5 year's for Neil.

He has single handedly ruined Naughty Dog
Single handedly ruined ND by releasing The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Part 2 and writing the TLoU HBO series.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Single handedly ruined ND by releasing The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Part 2 and writing the TLoU HBO series.

Only part 2 was released since he took over, I also dont care about the series. I am here for games not tv shows

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Keep crying clown. Your posts are still there but I will clearly not filter your racist comments from a 170 page long thread. Anyway enjoy your meltdown. 🤣☠️
So you got nothing except your version of the "truth". "Take it or leave it". That's ok, I think that should be clear enough. Can't fix stupid. To think you're proud of displaying your mental problem is sad, then again lacking self awareness is part of it.

Let it be on record you refused to back your empty talk.