PlayStation Plus price has increased

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Holy mother of price increases! I really want to see anybody try and defend this shit.

I just cancelled my sub. I'll ride it out until it runs out which is end of next month. And September looks like a shit month.

Hopefully we see lots of people unsubbing. That will give Sony the impression that your service is not valued at that price point.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I just cancelled my sub. I'll ride it out until it runs out which is end of next month. And September looks like a shit month.

Hopefully we see lots of people unsubbing. That will give Sony the impression that your service is not valued at that price point.

I'm sure we'll have the usual corporate dick riders defending this shit.

• brain
Reactions: Papacheeks

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Welp, that does it for me. Glad I stocked up on 2 years of essential this past Black Friday. Won't be renewing when it expires in 2025. As I get older, I'm doing less gaming, especially online, and for the past 5-6 years, I've mostly just been keeping the sub for the "free" games each month. Starting to think gaming is not for me anymore, at least modern/new games 🤷🏼

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Still cheaper than Game Pass, still better value and better games. Let's go Sony, we need to sell 25 million consoles, increase revenue and profits to be able to buy Take-Two, Square-Enix, and Capcom.

This price increase is for a good cause; don't complain.

• haha
Reactions: Box and ghostz

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
They have not been adding any value to the poverty tier for some time now, and just keep hiking the price? They have me by the balls for SF6 online but this motivates me to look into getting a new PC now for my multiplayer games

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony increases the price of PS+ the same day that Starfield releases.

In addition to this, I'm checking now websites like CDKeys or Eneba to see if there's Plus Premium or PSN credit with big discounts (in the past it was common to find 20-30% discounts) but I didn't find anything worth it. It sucks.

Seems that both Sony and MS are removing the ways to get cheaper subs.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHGamer

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
I still have it for a couple of years so it won't affect me. Is it a $20 increase per year?

The games we are getting are a lot better than we thought so it's really not that bad. The value is there.

They usually makes sales around black friday, new year and summer so you can stack for cheap.
Why are you defending a price increase, while providing nothing for it? This is not a service led by a team of 15 people from their garage, it is a corporation.
Most games we get ( I always had the Extra tier) were shit, complete shovelware, with the occasional gem, once or twice a year. The premium tier, is the most shit. Will not be renewing my sub.