PlayStation Plus price has increased

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
Shocked Donkey Kong GIF

Damn. I'm cancelling my sub for the time being. I like Playstation but playing there is extremely expensive in my country because they are the only company that doesn't use regional prices and on top of that they are increasing what its already expensive.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Just wait until black friday, and stack a ton.

I have PS Plus till 2028
Same. It was so cheap at the time I got like 3 years for the price of 1.

Why are you defending a price increase, while providing nothing for it? This is not a service led by a team of 15 people from their garage, it is a corporation.
Am I defending? It doesn't affect me for several years so I have hard time getting pissed off. I got Premium so cheap I don't care. Sorry.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Sony tries to retro bill existing members. This is the company yall shill for, eek.
GP also had a price increase with GP Core or whatever and it's even more expensive. Maybe check before talking shit.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I have had PS+ pretty much nonstop since I got my first PS4 in December 2015. Sony has gotten thousands of dollars from me, and I'm sure most other people here, in purchases of hardware, software, and subscription services. And this is how they thank us - with a price increase that doesn't include anything to justify it. No improvements to the service, no added benefits. Just a big ole screw you to the people who have given them billions.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I have had PS+ pretty much nonstop since I got my first PS4 in December 2015. Sony has gotten thousands of dollars from me, and I'm sure most other people here, in purchases of hardware, software, and subscription services. And this is how they thank us - with a price increase that doesn't include anything to justify it. No improvements to the service, no added benefits. Just a big ole screw you to the people who have given them billions.

Maybe they are adding new PS2 games?

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Same. It was so cheap at the time I got like 3 years for the price of 1.

Am I defending? It doesn't affect me for several years so I have hard time getting pissed off. I got Premium so cheap I don't care. Sorry.

GP also had a price increase with GP Core or whatever and it's even more expensive. Maybe check before talking shit.
Your quote:
"The games we are getting are a lot better than we thought so it's really not that bad. The value is there."

IDK what your expectations for the games on the service was/is, but the fact is that most of it is shovelware. The games I "discovered" through my EXTRA subs, that I was subbed to for years are: Kingdom Come Deliverance, Chivalry 2 and Deep Rock Galactic and I expect Sea of Stars would fall in that category, had my sub not already expired... so 3-4 games in years of being subscribed. The value decreased and is not realy there anymore for me, at least not on the EXTRA tier.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Maybe they are adding new PS2 games?
Yeah there are rumors of that. If the premium tier is absolutely flooded with classic games from the PS2 days, maybe it could be worth the money, as of now the premium tier is a joke. However, I would much rather outright buy games on the store than pay a sub to play them.

Reactions: kuzon and Box

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I only was keeping Essential for the occaisional games with friends (not a fan of what has happened to the titles in Essential since the Tiers were introduced) ... Once I am up next year, will just spend the money I would have spent on the sub on games I actually want.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly