12 Jan 2023
I am in the same boat, mate.

Sad College Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

• Shake
Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
So just to clarify, if I buy a year now am I eligible for the cheaper prices?

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Your quote:
"The games we are getting are a lot better than we thought so it's really not that bad. The value is there."

IDK what your expectations for the games on the service was/is, but the fact is that most of it is shovelware. The games I "discovered" through my EXTRA subs, that I was subbed to for years are: Kingdom Come Deliverance, Chivalry 2 and Deep Rock Galactic and I expect Sea of Stars would fall in that category, had my sub not already expired... so 3-4 games in years of being subscribed. The value decreased and is not realy there anymore for me, at least not on the EXTRA tier.
I thought there was a lot of positivity when stuff like Miles, HFW, Returnal, Demons Souls, Ratchet, Stray, Ghost of Tsushima were announced so early but if you think that's all shovelware then I won't change your mind.

Also the monthly threads people were comparing with Game Pass and PS Plus was better most of the time with well-known franchises, AAAs and some Day 1. Too bad you think it's all trash.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well that really shows how dumb the leadership can be at times.

Why would you bring on negative news to yourself, when your competitor is about to have some positive news?
Gamepass also just increased their prices and removed the $1 trial and cheap upgrade tricks.

PS Plus will rise their prices -the Starfield release day btw- but will continue being cheaper than Game Pass.

I assume they made some market research and saw that it would benefit them in terms of revenue and profit in the long term. They don't make these kind of decisions because of the news of a certain week.

In addition to this, they soon will have that other cloud gaming thing they recently inclluded in a beta to allow you play via cloud gaming the PS5 games you bought (not the ones included in the game sub). And may add more stuff to PS+, things like cloud gaming on mobile is coming this gen and should be released soon. So they may announce extra PS+ stuff soon.

I think it also shows they aren't afraid at all with Starfield, they may think that Goodbye Volcano High is enough to counter it.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Gamepass also just increased their prices and removed the $1 trial and cheap upgrade tricks.

PS Plus will rise their prices -the Starfield release day btw- but will continue being cheaper than Game Pass.

I assume they made some market research and saw that it would benefit them in terms of revenue and profit in the long term. They don't make these kind of decisions because of the news of a certain week.

I think it also shows they aren't afraid at all with Starfield, they have Goodbye Volcano High to counter the salles impact of Starfield.
No, they're raising their prices because subscriber growth plateaued and they're trying to squeeze money from a stone. Because Jim is a slave to shareholders.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
More garbage from Jim Ryan, the worst thing that’s ever happened to PlayStation. This stuff doesn’t come as a surprise to me at all anymore. I got premium for $90 on the summer deal, but I’m not renewing next year even if it’s $90 again. Subscription services are junk, and now this has turned me off from even buying the PSPortal.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Not only that, did you notice, price increase will be active exactly on the day of Starfield release lol
You can't make this up
Yeah it's complete lack of awareness.

I'm not defending the price increase here as i think it's bullshit, but if your going to announce the price increase do it around spiderman.

Maybe the new revision is gonna be announced very soon, and they will try and hide under that announcement and pricing.

Or maybe even the fabled second showcase? Or state of play?

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
I thought there was a lot of positivity when stuff like Miles, HFW, Returnal, Demons Souls, Ratchet, Stray, Ghost of Tsushima were announced so early but if you think that's all shovelware then I won't change your mind.

Also the monthly threads people were comparing with Game Pass and PS Plus was better most of the time with well-known franchises, AAAs and some Day 1. Too bad you think it's all trash.
The games you mentioned I already bought, why would I pay a sub to play AAA games, instead of buying them once and owning them forever?
Also, those games released on the sub quite a bit of time after they released. If I did not buy them already, chances are that I am not interested in those games in the first place. And yes, even with those games, most of the games on offer are shovelware.
Never said that GP was better than PS Plus.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
More garbage from Jim Ryan, the worst thing that’s ever happened to PlayStation. This stuff doesn’t come as a surprise to me at all anymore. I got premium for $90 on the summer deal, but I’m not renewing next year even if it’s $90 again. Subscription services are junk, and now this has turned me off from even buying the PSPortal.

You still have earbuds or 🎧

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah I won't be renewing no highest tier or anything like that. These greedy Motherfuckers as in industry as a whole said "to keep prices down that's why we are creating dlc, expansions, going digital, etc" it's all bs. We never even saw discounts for most games not having hard copy releases.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Good reminder for me to turn off auto renew as I haven’t turned on my PS5 in months. I guess this forum will finally admit Jim Ryan is a horrible CEO when he hurts their wallets and not when he doesn’t deliver games

Reactions: toadsage44