PlayStation Plus price has increased

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The fact that console people paid for internet in the first place means they deserve to be taken advantage of.
banana GIF

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I just popped on another year before this takes hold 🤷‍♂️

See where the chips land in the future

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
From economic perspective it's the most logical things to do for SIE, since they're currently trailing so much behind Nintendo in terms of profitably.

Last year they were around $2 billion behind and now with just 6 monts in 2023 they are trailing around $1.4 billion despite selling more hardware and software than Nintendo in 2023.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Busy day at the office today, just after Starfield's review gate yesterday... come here to unwind and read up on my hobby to look at this bullshit!

You obviously want some positivity like the next guy but these corps man..... they can't get out of their own way and leave a good thing as is. So with that said...

FUCK JIM RYAN, FUCK HERMEN HULST and FUCK KENICHIRO YOSHIDA. Are PS fans still on the fence on these motherfuckers? Is there any doubt any longer?

Fuck the corporate bootlickers in this thread. You know who you're and I'll just leave it at that. Tired of reading the crap these serf and ass sniffing clowns type - absolutely no self respect, no self-awareness, and self-hate.

This move is strictly a "milking the cow" (us -gamers) move. Their subs numbers are not increasing so next best thing for them is to artificially increase the price to extract more income of those hooked in. It's a market leverage move where SIE feels they have more leverage on consumers than consumers on them. It provides nothing of extra value, and not justified in anyway shape or form. Plain greed.

AUTO-RENEW OFF. Don't renew. Don't Sub. There is no other fucking way, and I'll address the fucking elephant in the room in a thread coming up soon. They got many by the fucking balls with online play-gated behind PS Plus Essential. Otherwise they would be feeling a massive boycott right about now. Thread incoming on that.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Busy day at the office today, just after Starfield's review gate yesterday... come here to unwind and read up on my hobby to look at this bullshit!

You obviously want some positivity like the next guy but these corps man..... they can't get out of their own way and leave a good thing as is. So with that said...

FUCK JIM RYAN, FUCK HERMEN HULST and FUCK KENICHIRO YOSHIDA. Are PS fans still on the fence on these motherfuckers? Is there any doubt any longer?

Fuck the corporate bootlickers in this thread. You know who you're and I'll just leave it at that. Tired of reading the crap these serf and ass sniffing clowns type - absolutely no self respect, no self-awareness, and self-hate.

This move is strictly a "milking the cow" (us -gamers) move. Their subs numbers are not increasing so next best thing is for them is to artificially increase the price to extract more income of those hooked in. It's a market leverage move where SIE feels they have more leverage on consumers than consumers on them. It provides nothing of extra value, and not justified in anyway shape or form. Plain greed.

AUTO-RENEW OFF. Don't renew. Don't Sub. There is no other fucking way, and I'll address the fucking elephant in the room in a thread coming up soon. They got many by the fucking balls with online play-gated behind PS Plus Essential. Otherwise they would be feeling a massive boycott right about now. Thread incoming on that.

What amazes me is that the console big 3 does not seem too interested in growing the market. Feels like each console provider wants to be Apple. Console sales seem to cap at around 80M per platform in average. Xbox is selling less than on the 360 days, PS is selling less than on the PS2 era and Nintendo had to kill their home consoles and stick to portables to remain relevant.

This is all in an era where gaming is more popular than ever, no longer ostracized like it was in the 90s or 2000s. You would think that a PS5 would sell at least 200M consoles, and other platforms would follow a similar growth pattern, but from what I am seeing I think they would rather stick to having 50M whales than anything else.

Can't wait for Nintendo to pull some similar BS.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Yes, they are forcing me.

It is pretty simple and you can't understand 🤷‍♂️ .
You always have the choice to stop.

Now we all understand they're leveraging the fuck out of their market position and forcing you to make a choice you do not want to make.... but that is the choice.

You're not a slave, although with the comments I'm reading some are wired to believe that they're and rationalize it. Weird as fuck and sad.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
How are they forcing you? Is your pacemaker hooked up to PS+?
Yes... PS+ is essential to due several reason like multiplayer, and some game catalog, etc.
So it is an indirect forcing but it is still forcing you to pay the price they want.
In my situation there is no option.

If it is not a forced move to you fine but it is to me.

You always have the choice to stop.

Now we all understand they're leveraging the fuck out of their market position and forcing you to make a choice you do not want to make.... but that is the choice.

You're not a slave, although with the comments I'm reading some are wired to believe that they're and rationalize it. Weird as fuck and sad.
So the "choice" is to abandon a product (PS5) and games you purchased?
Sorry but I don't get you guys "it is not forced... it is a choice" when it is not a choice at all.

When you brought PS5 you know you have to pay PS+ to play multiplayer.
Plus while you have the "choice" to buy some games you liked from the PS+ library I don't that as a choice for me... if I have the game on PS+ I won't buy it standalone no matter what that is pretty simple.

So it is really a forced move.
If I want to continue to play games on my PS5 I need to accept whatever price Sony set.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Yes... PS+ is essential to due several reason like multiplayer, and some game catalog, etc.
So it is an indirect forcing but it is still forcing you to pay the price they want.
In my situation there is no option.

If it is not a forced move to you fine but it is to me.
The option NOT to pay is an option.

I think you know that, I think you also understand people are trying to get that message across and I think repeating this on and on is of no use to anyone.

They're forcing you to make a choice - having the option to not pay.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The option NOT to pay is an option.

I think you know that, I think you also understand people are trying to get that message across and I think repeating this on and on is of no use to anyone.

They're forcing you to make a choice - having the option to not pay.
The message is pretty much useless even if I understand it because there is no way to me stop to play games.
It is pretty simple.

You guys looks like even forget PS+ is REQUIRIED to play multiplayer.
You have no option at all.

You are being fooled by the "false sense of choice" lol
I have the choice but when I really look at it I don't have any choice at all.

It is like a guy that is poisoned near to die with the antidote in the hands... he has the "choice" to not drink the antidote... what the point? It is clear he has a false sense of two option: drink the antidote or die.

Why "false sense of choice"?

Because for you die is an option.
But for me die will never be an option.

Understood now? Sony price rise is basically forcing me to pay what they want... the option to not pay doesn't exists at all... well at least until I die.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
The essential price increase is the biggest slap in the face.

While they do occasionally add decent games it's mostly meh. And alot of people have to pay for it to play online.

Should have kept the price the same for that tier atleast.
Cut the monthly games make it a cheap online only tier but let everyone keep all the games they already claimed when it had monthly games !

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nomen_Nescio
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
It wont change anything.

Xbox already did that with Game Pass prices,

Nintendo will probably follow soon.
Xbox users never call them out on it they're complicit & defend them playstation players will call Sony out on their bs while xbox players laugh as if it's not going to effect them when Microsoft see Sony doing it

Last edited:
Reactions: Box