PlayStation Plus price has increased

24 Jun 2022
Gamepass also just increased their prices and removed the $1 trial and cheap upgrade tricks.

PS Plus will rise their prices -the Starfield release day btw- but will continue being cheaper than Game Pass.

FWIW, PS+ Essential is more expensive than Game Pass Core now. $80/year vs $60/year. You still get more games with PS+ Essential but whether that is value worth the extra $20 is now a legitimate question to bring up.

I think it also shows they aren't afraid at all with Starfield, they may think that Goodbye Volcano High is enough to counter it.

If that's what Sony is thinking, I'm afraid Jim Ryan's beer is laced with crack cocaine.

Someone being at a company a long time doesn't automatically mean they are the best person at the job. Jim at most should've became COO or head of supply chain, everything else this guy has delivered has been terrible for playstation fans and excellent for PC players.

Phil Spencer's been with Microsoft since 1988, and we know how bad he is at his job as Xbox's CEO.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
This sucks, i probably won’t bother renewing…

But the reality is that everyone is going to complain, threaten to leave playstation, say microsoft is doing it better, doom…then a couple months later microsoft and nintendo raise prices and people continue on with their day like it never happened.

I hope this thread is stickied for that exact reason

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Thinking a bit more about the timming of that rise it comes exactly when the subscriptions numbers started to stall.
So a way (bad way) to increase revenue again is increasing the price.

The Sony earnings showed that after the big rise in revenue after the PS+, PS++ and PS+++ releases the numbers become stable.
Let's see how that price rise changes the next earnings.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This site and Gaf have a really weird obsession with that Volcano High game. I get it, it’s “woke” or threatens your gaming sensibilities whatever you all drone on about but Sony isn’t even actively promoting that game. It basically shadow dropped with no fanfare and the only place I constantly see it brought up is these two forums in some snarky way.

Baldur’s Gate 3 and Armored Core 6 is what I’ve been sony mostly post about on twitter and threads.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This site and Gaf have a really weird obsession with that Volcano High game. I get it, it’s “woke” or threatens your gaming sensibilities whatever you all drone on about but Sony isn’t even actively promoting that game. It basically shadow dropped with no fanfare and the only place I constantly see it brought up is these two forums in some snarky way.

Baldur’s Gate 3 and Armored Core 6 is what I’ve been sony mostly post about on twitter and threads.
Who?

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
TBH for first world countries ( from which they make the most money and who are the most prevalent in the ecosystem), can take this without even noticing it, however that does not make it OK. Sub services always hit a ceilling, so maybe they just want to squeeze a bit more money from their existing subscribers to make their investors just a little bit more wet? Sure seems like it.
i'm from the US and I'm cancelling, even though I could afford to keep it going, this news just made me realize i'm not getting anything in return for such a large price increase. Especially with student loan payments starting back, I predict the drop in subscribers to be noticeable.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Whoever’s constantly bringing it up in conversations about what “sony is offering”

Theres two threads about it on the first page, and multiple on gaf, and now people are just casually bringing it up in unrelated threads. Like its obvious people are trying to make a meme out of it but it clear that it bothers people.

Like to make an entire Starfield VS Volcano High thread is weird.

Like no where else on the internet is anyone talking about that game, its just really weird.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Whoever’s constantly bringing it up in conversations about what “sony is offering”

Theres two threads about it on the first page, and multiple on gaf, and now people are just casually bringing it up in unrelated threads. Like its obvious people are trying to make a meme out of it but it clear that it bothers people.

Like to make an entire Starfield VS Volcano High thread is weird.

Like no where else on the internet is anyone talking about that game, its just really weird.
I saw the threads but I don't even click to enter :D
It is not in my interest but good for these that want the game... hopes it is good.

It is a very small and niche game.

Edit I always thought for some reason the Volkano High was the developer name not the game name 😂😂😂

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Why do people find it so hard to stick to the point of A / Thread topic
Eminem -
But nothin' is feeling like anyone has any fuckin' ability
To even stick to a subject, it's killin' me, the inability to pin humility
Hatata batata, why don't we make a bunch of fuckin'
Songs about nothin' and mumble!
I am seeing a lot of passive insulting and conversation switches randomly when someone does not agree with "you/s"

Stick to the point (thread), Talk about it (like an adult) and most of all relax and have fun.

TubzGaming - Life is a timed exclusive enjoy it while you have it.

Reactions: Sircaw

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You're all are deluded there will be real outrage and push back over any of this...
People don't care, they'll keep paying what's asked, whatever much that is.
I remember when Netflix announced a price hike and no password sharing and the subscribers went UP. Even they were surprised. It was above expectations 😆

PS+ still looks cheaper than GP so nobody will notice. Just get it on sale to get it cheap and stack.

Reactions: Swift_Star

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I remember when Netflix announced a price hike and no password sharing and the subscribers went UP. Even they were surprised. It was above expectations 😆

PS+ still looks cheaper than GP so nobody will notice. Just get it on sale to get it cheap and stack.

They forced these password sharing people (that was a lot) to subscript to a extra subscription.

Even if only 20% of password sharing choose to get at the extra it is still an increase in subscriptions.

So the surprise from them looks like fake.

The owner of the main sub won’t cancel.
And the people using via password sharing will either stop to watch or subscription to extra.

That extra subscription is where come the rise in numbers…. the challenge to Netflix comes now because they need to find a way to convince new subscribers because seems like everybody that wanted Netflix is already either main or extra.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
FWIW, PS+ Essential is more expensive than Game Pass Core now. $80/year vs $60/year. You still get more games with PS+ Essential but whether that is value worth the extra $20 is now a legitimate question to bring up.
Here in EU PS+ Essential will be 71.99€/year. In any case, I understand PS+ to charge more because they add more. In any case, the important tiers for them will be the high ones, where the good stuff is.

If that's what Sony is thinking, I'm afraid Jim Ryan's beer is laced with crack cocaine.
I was joking. Sony isn't afraid of Starfield but not because they have Goodbye Volcano High, but because these months they have stuff like Spider-Man 2, Final Fantasy XVI, Helldivers 2, FFVII Rebirth, Stellar Blade, RE4R VR, RE Village VR, GT7 VR, No Man's Sky VR, Granblue Fantasy Relink and a long etc.

PS5 will continue destroying Xbox in hardware sales and game subs revenue after Starfield.

PS+ and Gamepass increasing their prices won't change that.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Here in EU PS+ Essential will be 71.99€/year. In any case, I understand PS+ to charge more because they add more. In any case, the important tiers for them will be the high ones, where the good stuff is.

I was joking. Sony isn't afraid of Starfield but not because they have Goodbye Volcano High, but because these months they have stuff like Spider-Man 2, Final Fantasy XVI, Helldivers 2, FFVII Rebirth, Stellar Blade, RE4R VR, RE Village VR, GT7 VR, No Man's Sky VR, Granblue Fantasy Relink and a long etc.
You really like Jimbo cock huh, does Essential add games to justify the price too? Because this month games are turds

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You really like Jimbo cock huh, does Essential add games to justify the price too? Because this month games are turds
Yurinka is not wrong, though.
Subs prices going up don't affect the number of subscribers, just look at Netflix and Spotify.
People just don't care.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
wtf are you talking about?

I didn't say that I liked the rise or that I find it justified. I also mentioned that I didn't like the games included this month in Essential. But yes, Essential offers several things and one of them are games. If you don't like what Essential offers, don't buy it.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
People are talking about goodbye volcano high? Alright time for me to defend this game. Its better than any of your garbage on ps plus nobody likes nba2k everyone I know wants to play goodbye volcano high the game will be a sleeper hit! Trust me my dad works at a game company and he insists on this. He also gives me ice cream :whistle:

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Yurinka is not wrong, though.
Subs prices going up don't affect the number of subscribers, just look at Netflix and Spotify.
People just don't care.
I don't really care about sub numbers, the problem is price hike for Essential is just stupid.

I am currently paying 5000 yen for Premium per year, next hike will it rise to 7000? It is stupid Sony decide to punish people who want to connect and play game online.

The Extra price is even worse, Jesus. 4000 yen price hike, fuck off.

It should be:
Essential stays the same, Extra 3000 yen price hike, Premium a bit more than Extra since it is useless.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Remember guys and girls, keep the conversation civil, no personal attacks,

Scolding Do It GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: JAHGamer