PlayStation Plus users will get early access to Concords beta starting tommorow

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Sony saw that no one bothered pre ordering to play earlier, so all ps plus users will get early access starting tommorow. You can download today.

Man as cool as the esthetic are for this game the name concord is just bad. They called this game concord yet the logo is shaped as a (N) calling this game “Nebula” would’ve been a cooler name & match the (N) logo. Like the rainbow esthetic is cool looks good with the space galaxy theme but damn.

Hero design for this game is just bad there’s like 5-7 out of 16 heroes & the rest of the character design are mediocre. You would think for a hero shooter they would nail the heroes to be heroic, sexy or iconic yet they fail it’s more questionable giving firewalk has some talented dev from Bungie. I thought w ex Destiny dev the game heroes would be better & the gameplay itself would be more hyper like Destiny.

This game gonna flop so bad. Crazy part Herman & Jim bought them idk even know why well ig it makes sense ex Destiny dev sure they have talent but the game itself has many cautious sign. Firewalk will 100% have layoff unless this game is just a surprise hit which I doubt.

Hopefully we can get a SOCOM, Warhawk or even a fun Ratchet & Clank 5v5 or a large scale 25v25 R&C game similar to PVZ garden warfare would be better live service to green light. PS really greenlighted Twisted Metal & Concord before a SOCOM, Warhawk, PS Allstars 2, R&C multiplayer or even a new Uncharted multiplayer.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Have to imagine pre-order numbers are looking pretty weak that they decided to open it up to PS+. I don't see this game doing well unless the beta has insanely good WoM
Even then this is a hero shooter & the hero design are just bad or questionable like most characters outside the main 5 they shown are just ugly which people who play hero shooter ie overwatch, apex, valorant & marvel rivals play the game for the amazing character design which people cosplay.

If I was Sony/PS I would’ve purchase the studio behind FragPunk. Looks significantly better the beta has received praise from major fps streamer. Looks more to a friends vs friends & Valorant combination & is still a hero shooter. Sony/PS should just hire the friend vs friends studio to make a Allstars sandbox/party game using the mechanics of friends vs friends or fragpunk using Sony/PS ip in a spiderverse artstyle & release it for PS console & mobile devices.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Like I said, A FLOP!! 😂😂🤣🤣🤣 You love to see it
Crazy how Jim & Herman bought this studio with no cadence. Outside the talent this game in general doesn’t look good or special. There’s other games from smaller studio that looks significantly better like fragpunk etc & fragpunk isn’t even coming out on PS at launch only on Xbox & PC

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Who is creating the Doomers vs Gloomers lobby?? 😏
It would be crazy if this game had no players on PC like 5K or less would be insane since it would be public to see. This game took 5 years + the acquisition Sony already invested a minimum of 200+ million. This game should be F2P don’t know why Sony think people will spend $40 for a solely pvp game when other pvp games are F2P. The only reason I see this & future live service games being $40 is because Sony wants to further trap PS players into PS+ on console. Concord, Twisted Metal, TLOU online all should’ve been F2P the only games that should be $40 is PVE/PVEVP style games like Helldivers 2, Horizon online or sandbox/party games like a PS allstars 2 (even then a fighting game from PS should really be F2P)

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It would be crazy if this game had no players on PC like 5K or less would be insane since it would be public to see. This game took 5 years + the acquisition Sony already invested a minimum of 200+ million. This game should be F2P don’t know why Sony think people will spend $40 for a solely pvp game when other pvp games are F2P. The only reason I see this & future live service games being $40 is because Sony wants to further trap PS players into PS+ on console. Concord, Twisted Metal, TLOU online all should’ve been F2P the only games that should be $40 is PVE/PVEVP style games like Helldivers 2, Horizon online or sandbox/party games like a PS allstars 2 (even then a fighting game from PS should really be F2P)
Hilarious you think Sony paid over 200 million or more for this studio when they were already helping the studio from the minute they were a new start up 🤣. But whatever delusions y'all wanna think of when it comes to this game.

I don't care how it does on PC, I play on PS5.

Why should a game be free to play? Charging helps to give the studio a safety net and also leaves the option to go free to play down the road.

Anyways like I said... Play the game before writing it off, y'all doing too much.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seems like they planned a game tests in the early Beta but changed to Network tests.
In the official Concord discord server they started to drop Beta codes yesterday (a lot) to try to fill the numbers for a Network test.
Sony decided to open to every PS+ sub so they can do the Network test.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
These are the type of projects that make your resumes radioactive, Companies should think twice before hiring people that worked on ssktjl

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I am up for the doomers vs gloomers, lets have it on the open beta slot- 3 sets of best of 7 to give the gloomers a fighting chance

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
This game does not need to be successful in order for the acquisition of Firewalk to be a good one.

If the team makes a good-great game, it will still be a great investment.

There are a multitude of things they could do moving forward entirely unrelated to Concord.

Sony's investments in Guerrilla and Sucker Punch took some time to pay off. You could argue that their investment in Eidetic/Sony Bend is still in the process of paying off.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Unfortunately the doomer vs gloomer lobby idea won’t happen since the doomers don’t play games. They just cry about them.
There is a serious amount of bitching about a game they never played. Those who have played it, enjoyed it. We'll find out soon enough if it is as bad as some here pray it is.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar