Playstation portal review thread and |OT| "The power is now in your hands"

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on the Switch but I hope there is an option to buy controller sides similar to the PS5 controller to add to the Switch or Switch 2. Going back to Switch feels wrong holding it.
You have your opinion and all opinions are valid. I actually regret buying my switch as I rarely use it. I'm not a big Nintendo ip fan anymore I think the joycons were meh and aren't tht gd. I'll be interestingky watching the switch 2 reveal but idk if I'm going to get it.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I don't want to sound like I'm shitting on the Switch but I hope there is an option to buy controller sides similar to the PS5 controller to add to the Switch or Switch 2. Going back to Switch feels wrong holding it.
Hori Split Pad Pro and Split Pad Slim.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
go ahead and shit on it. by far my most played Switch game of the gen is Tetris 99 and as much as I love that game, I hated the ergonomics of the handheld every time I played it. once I got tetris effect (and Lumines!) on Steam Deck, I never played the Switch again. My kid doesn't even like it that much compared to Minecraft and Roblox on a tablet.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Hori Split Pad Pro and Split Pad Slim.
Holy fuck. I never knew. If I drift back to Switch before the next gen reveal I might pick that up. I can't see it usurping the Portal at the moment.

I also never knew for about 5 years of owning a Vita that this existed. Great for PS1 games on Vita

Screenshot_20240114_183039_Amazon Shopping.jpg

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Holy fuck. I never knew. If I drift back to Switch before the next gen reveal I might pick that up. I can't see it usurping the Portal at the moment.

I also never knew for about 5 years of owning a Vita that this existed. Great for PS1 games on Vita

View attachment 3643
I imported two of the ones for the PS Vita 1000 model when preorders went live and still use mine to this day.

Reactions: Dick Jones

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I mean we all can do alot of things lol but yeah $500 they wildin. Bro use the stock app it worked for me after someone mentioned it on here.
I use the app on my laptop a lot, I just wanted something more convenient. Maybe I will just get a G Cloud or a Loki. They do a lot more for less money.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Out of town, but ordered it to toy around with. I’m expecting this to carry over to pro and ps6 so may be a good long term gadget….assuming the sticks survive.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I ordered a 5$ clip to connect my phone to the DS4 to test remote play. :cool:

Ancient phone from 2018 that actually has an OLED screen.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I ordered a 5$ clip to connect my phone to the DS4 to test remote play. :cool:

Ancient phone from 2018 that actually has an OLED screen.
And you're getting an objectively inferior experience 😂 I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max, it has a 6.7inch OLED display, tried remote play with a backbone and a clip on controller, neither experience comes come close to the Portal!

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
And you're getting an objectively inferior experience 😂 I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max, it has a 6.7inch OLED display, tried remote play with a backbone and a clip on controller, neither experience comes come close to the Portal!
Yeah, too much friction. You want to pickup and go.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Big win for PS Portal, beat my $5 clip.

Is it an objectively inferior experience like Sony games on PS5 compared to them running in higher settings on PC?

$5 solution works with gamig streaming services, other remoteplay solutions, works with emulators and so on. Easy win for the $5 clip.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Big win for PS Portal, beat my $5 clip.

Is it an objectively inferior experience like Sony games on PS5 compared to them running in higher settings on PC?

$5 solution works with gamig streaming services, other remoteplay solutions, works with emulators and so on. Easy win for the $5 clip.
Nope, because the differences between the 2 are minimal and not worth waiting years for. PS Portal vs your clip is a night and day difference

• they're_right_you_know

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Glad to hear man. It just feels good In the hands and kind of takes you aback initially when you see how big a device it is but it works and it's a better device because of it.
Definitely. I’m glad they went the around-the-house luxury convenience device with it.

I haven’t played yet, but I know I’ll appreciate everything being consistent control-wise. The PS5 controller and Dualsense stuff is one of my favorite parts of gaming on the system, done well.

• fire